View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What do you think of this routine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:05 am 
Penguin

OKAY, so this is my final routine for my show not changing it.

to build a crowed id do simple sponge ball tricks and ring-n-string and invisable deck, then i will do rope tricks( fiber optics) then for the finally bill to lemon.

i also know chop cup and egg bag. if you have any other ideas on what to do for a different routine involving the things i know let me knwo thanks,

Post subject: Re: What do you think of this routine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:06 am 

First assumption I make is that this is a busking routine. Based on that:
How long is the show, just from what you listed I am guessing you have a 30 minute show. Correct?
Do you use a table?

Afetr getting these answers I have a bucketload of advice to give you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:29 pm 
Penguin

yes its a busking routine, and im just starting out so i dunno how long it would be. but yes id end up useing a small table/stand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 pm 

keenanthenewbie wrote:
OKAY, so this is my final routine for my show not changing it.

to build a crowed id do simple sponge ball tricks and ring-n-string and invisable deck, then i will do rope tricks( fiber optics) then for the finally bill to lemon.

i also know chop cup and egg bag. if you have any other ideas on what to do for a different routine involving the things i know let me knwo thanks,

After you did say it was busking it opens up some light.

Just from what you said you have a 30 minute show if you RUSHED thru it and a good (well not really but I'll explain) 45 minutes doing it at a comfortable pace. so my strong advice is CHANGE IT NOW!! To be successful as a busker you have to remember that your audience has a very short memory span. Look at Bobby Maverick, Kozmo, any of the GREAT buskers. They run 15 minute sidewalk shows.

I know, I've heard this before and I will tell you that he is a good friend of mine and when he does busking boot camps he stays in my apartment. "Look at Gazzo! He does a 45 minute to an hour show. But he is Gazzo, I was working with him one day TRUE STORY and this woman came up in the middle of his show and dropped some coins on the table. He looked at her and in his British accent (which suddenly got thicker) he told her "Thank you I appreciate your tips." He then winked at her so she stopped and lifted her tee shirt and had no bra under it. She flashed him and then turned to crowd to make sure we all saw her. Well the mommy's in the crowd grabbed the kiddies and covering their eyes SPLIT!!! Not only did most of the crowd stay for the rest of the show but the S.O.B. got $600 in that one show, the best he had all weekend. Yes Gazzo can get by with that, I really wish I could But that would have gotten my butt kicked by her boyfriend so fast. His show is that good he can ru up to an hour and not lose a person from the crowd. But he's been busking over 40 years.

I work out of a legal briefcase, set it on the chair and start the show. I do a silk in TT to get the crowd then I do about 9 minutes of fiber optics, pass the hat and start all over. If working alone I run 4 to 5 shows an hour, if splitting a pitch then it's 3 show an hour On a slow day, Mondays I make between 45 to 60 per hour average. Remember it is NOT the effects you do thjat makes money it's YOU doing effects that make it. ENTERTAIN the people and you will live like a king.

Later