View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trade Tricks
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:33 am 

not to be mean but stop trading, it makes you a trader (no pun intended) to the art of magic. please try to understand that

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:48 pm 
Penguin

i would, but will you double check your links, see if they work for somereason, mine dont work any more, maybe i just typed in a bad link on accident but let me know when u respond on thiss board, thanks robert

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:11 am 
Penguin

How does it make me a ttrader to this beautiful art? If I am intersted in magic? Its not like im begging for the secrets. Im giving up videos for other videos so I can expand my knowledge in magic. Well my email is jjbmagician@hotmail.com . Hope this helps!! Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Braivesaint, How do you think magicians get better. They trade information with each other. What do you think happens at magic conventions? Magicians are traders. They exchange tricks for tricks, tricks for money or money for tricks. In my opinion magic shouldnt have to cost money but it does otherwise layman could get their greedy fingers on our secret art. jjbmagician is a magician. Why else would he buy magic and bother posting here? Im willing to trade some of my knowledge to grow as a magicain. My email is dfreed@nyc.rr.com

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:05 am 

Freed wrote:
Braivesaint, How the edited do you think magicians get better. They trade information with each other. What do you think happens at magic conventions? Magicians are traders. They exchange tricks for tricks, tricks for money or money for tricks. In my opinion magic shouldnt have to cost money but it does otherwise layman could get their greedy fingers on our secret art. jjbmagician is a magician. Why else would he buy magic and bother posting here? Im willing to trade some of my knowledge to grow as a magicain. My email is dfreed@nyc.rr.com

respectfully, magicians do trade but usually in person, over the internet you have no idea if you are trading with the masked magician or blaine (unlikely but possible). how does trading help the creator of the trick? I think helping should be more of advice not "I'll tell you if you tell me". you can use profanity and attack peoples position, or you can give advice to those who need it. Socrates didn't tell his students any answers, he would only ask questions, forcing his students to figure out the answer, he gave his advice the same way. ok enough history lesson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:13 am 
Penguin

No standpoint on the issue myself..... but just to play Devil's Advocate.. Didn't Socrates get in trouble? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:35 am 

a good point, just because he got in trouble doesn't mean he was right :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Penguin will be posting rules shortly, once those are in place then that is what we will abide by. Hopefully they will be encompass all the difficulties we have had on several issues here at Penguin Town, including trading, selling secrets, exposing tricks, language etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:11 pm 
fcchief, i understand where you are coming from but when you said that you should not trade at all i guess i took it the wrong way. I have seen jbmagic in other forums and he seems like a pretty good magician. He also just wanted to trade some info on the ellusionist ripoff videos that are worth half the price. Mark Christian or what ever his name is didnt create half of the magic he sells in his videos. Im still very upset with that because i could have had so much more magic. Im sorry but i now know that you were talking about those people that just come on and post replies like "Ill trade bisection for mislead"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Sorry, that was me by the way. Freed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

This is very stupid. OK. You want to post secrets, expose, engage in name-calling and profanity, trade secrets, OK. You can do it. I'll let you do it. But, you have to do something for me. Reach into your pocket, take out your wallet and buy a domain name. Name it www.for-people-who-just-want-to-find-ou ... did-it.com. Long name, but I guess people like you wouldn't care as long as they find out the secrets. :evil: StreetMan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:56 am 
Penguin

PLease, David Blaine does the easiest tricks!! I know how to do most of them. DOnt you guys see im TRADING TRICKS. This could also mean there IS money involved. SO before you start name calling, read the posts!! OK, good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:09 pm 

trading tricks on penguin is not acceptable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:02 pm 
You said that you would be being a trader to the art, but it is actully spelt traitor. what you said made no cents, no pun intended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:04 pm 

it's called a hominum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next