View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wild levitation
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:40 pm 
born to perform.

Hey. I was wondering about wild levitation, please don't expose anything. But I am just wondering if wild lev. was heavily gimmicked, or not gimmicked at all? Thanx to all who reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:37 am 
born to perform.

Location: The Secret Playroom in Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch
gimmicked, your darn right. i just play up the balducci, i dont like the jacket stuff, just looks like your hiding something ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 pm 

its very gimmicked. it looks gimmicked. i rarely use it. What should a jacket have to do with you levitation of the ground. I recommend Zero Gravity over this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:05 pm 
Penguin

magicmandan wrote:
its very gimmicked. it looks gimmicked. i rarely use it. What should a jacket have to do with you levitation of the ground.

Well, from what you typed it appears to me that you have wild. If you didn't like the whole jacket thing, why did you buy it?

Maybe its because you saw the demo video on it and it looked amazing to you the first time you saw it..If you a "magician" liked what you saw wouldn't the spec's like it also?

Ohh, and you said you "recommend Zero Gravity over this." I dont have Zero Gravity but I heard that you have to cut up your shoes for it?!? Talk about "gimmicked"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

To have to hold a coat in front of you looks gimmicked. With Zero Gravity, the spectator never has any idea what you are using for a gimmick.

Post subject: How high
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:01 pm 
born to perform.

how high can rise with the Zero Gravity lev and where can you buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:05 pm 
born to perform.

You can levitate 4-5 inches and you can buy it right here at Penguin ( http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=398 ). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:58 pm 
born to perform.

Go for wild. although it is gimmicked, it is HIGHLY effective. you can float up to 8-9 inches. It is AWESOME!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:21 pm 
born to perform.

If you ask me, I'd rather keep my shows without any holes. I don't think my mom or dad would really appreciate that. Anyways, I think that jacket or no jacket, Wild is better. StreetMan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:48 pm 
Penguin

I have Wild and I love it. It is very impromtu and you can be ready any time to do it. I also have Pocket Levitator from Andrew Mayne that is a very similar effect (you need the jacket in front of you), and in my humble opinion, I think Wild is easier and more doable. I also have the plans for zero gravity. Great idea, but not as practical and impromptu as Wild. Of course I've done the Balducci, but that is practical for only 2-3 people. For other ideas on levitating, I recommend Andrew Mayne's booklette, Touching Sky. It has 6 levitations in there for all different venues. I floated on a broom for my magic club, and they went nuts. Go Wild!

Post subject: Levitations
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:55 pm 
Penguin

Wild is not too bad. I like it, it is great for adults, but the whole coat issue convinces kids to jump down for a peep. However, you end totally clean which is great. I just got Peter Loughrans elevator. Man it will take practice, but i am sure this thing will prove a killer. It is a totally new take on levitation. 8)