View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: NFW, Stand up Monte
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:13 pm 
Penguin

I have to agree with the others... I am a big packet trick fan.. :-) Mostly because I am lazy... but NFW is a very weak trick. It involves two very tricky false counts, one being an elmesley count, which is the easy one, the other being a horribly fake looking count, in a vain attempt to show four jokers before the trick begins. And the final effect doesn't get near the WOWs other packet tricks do... Twisted Sisters is a similar trick, which is much easier to pull off, and has a much better effect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm 

I personally don't have any problem with NFW...the bang of that trick comes in the way it is performed. Its a stunner when you set it up (performance wise) the right way. And if people ask for the cards, rest assurred 99% of the time it is because it wasn't performed well enough. But, I have to agree that Twisted Sisters is a much better effect, and I use it much more often then NFW...but if you don't like sleights (which is a no no in my book if you trying to be/look like a magician of sorts), you definately won't like Twisted Sisters, as it involves one of the NFW sleights...and even more if you want to perform it beautifully.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:31 pm 
Penguin

NFW is not simple, but it is workable by thoose who are willing to put a little effort into their magic. If you simple want tricks that depend on a gimick to do all the work for you, then nfw isn't for you. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being self working ,and 5 being hard, I'd rate it a 3.