View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: people
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:50 pm 
Penguin

whenever i perform a trick in front of a crowd there would always be an onlooker who could see what i was doing from the side or someone who just knows the trick. And they would go "OHH, I know how you did it" "Oh I saw move you did" during the trick. And then there those who go "OH, i know how you did it" and start yelling out the secret to everyone around who i'm performing for. I hate people like them. How do you guys handle people like those?

Post subject: Re: people
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

If I have someone "on the fringe" that will have access to a bad angle, I look them in the eye and let them know that if they stand closer to the blonde girl (or guy) to the right, they will have a better view. Usually EVERYONE moves closer to the blond girl/guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:25 pm 
Penguin

Take control of the crowd nd direct them where to stand. Pick the person at the bad angle and tell them "You will be able to see better if you stand over there" and point to where you want them to stand. In a street crowd setting, it's mazing how willing people are to cooperate is they know that they are getting a cool show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:10 pm 
Penguin

If they ruin it for you then buy some itchy powder from here and put it on them when they're not paying attention. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:54 pm 
Penguin

Hey nice one!!!!!!!!!!!! Now those are the kinda answers we need to see more of in these forums

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:52 pm 
Penguin

i agree excellent idea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:13 pm 

I like the above idea...lol. Otherwise, just direct them to where you want. For those particularly vocal and obnoxious people, I have an arensenal of tricks I do that will embarass the edited out of them. A small one, for example is the standard ending to the three sponge ball routine. I condition them to seeing three always appearing in my hand, and a lot of time a smarta$$ will say "I know how that was done" and I'll say "Ok, so you got it. Good. Watch again and let's see if everyone else can see what I'm doing." Then I do the same motions but this time there is none left in my hand. I'll look at the person and say "see, you got it that time right,...you saw it" They always say yeah. Then I show nothing in my hand, "there's nothing to see," make a sly smile to the audience while they laugh at the "trashtalker" and go on my way. Gets them everytime. I got a ton of little things like that that will shut up people who think they're slick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:13 pm 
Penguin

the way to stop those people is: first find the right person to do it to, dont just go up to anybody, be wise of your spectators,look for someone that is gullible or looks like they can be easily fooled, and second, look around first, make sure nobody is sneaking up on you, and be careful on your angle of trick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:44 pm 
Penguin

tat is so cool. where did you get these things??? i dont have any magic shops nere me!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:54 am 
Penguin

according to bobo's modern coin magic a squirting nickle is a "great weapon for use when you encounter a persisten heckler or wise-guy" you just have to learn how to hit them in the eye.