View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:44 pm 

Yup - If you want to know ANYTHING about the cups and balls - Bill Palmer is your man - His cups & balls museum is amazing!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:59 pm 
Penguin

[Post Edited]

Edited:

Personal Contacts
Requesting that someone PM, email, Instant Message or otherwise contact you off the public board is not allowed. The reason for this rule is from a long history of abuse. While there might be legitimate reason/s for this sort of request, let's face it... most of the time it's to trade secrets. So please do not request someone to contact you.

I usually don 't edit these posts if they are harmless but you 're requesting for a rule breaking for someone to contact you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:37 pm 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
Yes and it helps us to remember that before Gazzo became the God of the streets, there was Cellini.

For the record, Jim (Cellini) and Gazzo started working the streets at about the same time. The early 1980's.

Before them there were buskers like Jeff Sheridan and Phelston Jones and before them there were guys like Charlie Edwards and Percy press.

ALL of these guys are amazing entertainers. Being "first" or being "better" is a waste of time. They were ALL Amazing performers and there are more names that have been lost to forever or ignored completely by the magic world at large.

Best,

Dan-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

Welcome Danny.

We have in our midsts, someone who makes a real living as a street magician. Penguinites, you can learn something from this man, if he is willing to pass on some of his wisdom.

Danny, I follow some of the threads at other locations, but miss some things, but is it true that you are featured on one of the Cellini DVD's?

I am sorry for spreading confussion over Cellini and Gazzo. I assumed (what do I tell my students about not assuming?) that because of their age differences, Cellini had been on the streets longer. I was aware of, and failed to mention, Jeff Sheridan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
Welcome Danny.

Danny, I follow some of the threads at other locations, but miss some things, but is it true that you are featured on one of the Cellini DVD's?

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. It is true, I am one of the buskers interviewed for Jim's "Art of street performing three: Boston."

I also co wrote Gazzo's book on street performing, "The Art of Krowd Keeping" with Jim Wells.

I only make a portion of my living performing on the street. I am a part timer. That is the beauty of street work, it is always there. I have a family and a day job so my options are more limited than some of the younger guys who travel the world following the tourist trade, and their cash. :)

Best,

Dan-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:40 pm 
born to perform.

Danny_Hustle wrote:
chrisrkline wrote:
Welcome Danny.

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. It is true, I am one of the buskers interviewed for Jim's "Art of street performing three: Boston."

I also co wrote Gazzo's book on street performing, "The Art of Krowd Keeping" with Jim Wells.

I only make a portion of my living performing on the street. I am a part timer. That is the beauty of street work, it is always there. I have a family and a day job so my options are more limited than some of the younger guys who travel the world following the tourist trade, and their cash. :)

Best,

Dan-

I have that book and it is wonderful. As someone who is also interested in busking part time, I would like to know how in the world do you keep your family happy when you are working nights and weekends. I am a teacher which gives me some latitude in the summer, but I am already juggling too many responsibilities. Maybe if some money rolls in it will sweeten the pot. Or maybe I should just spend more of my time with my wife when I am not working, rather than posting on these forums. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:27 am 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
I would like to know how in the world do you keep your family happy when you are working nights and weekends.

You don't work every night or all weekend. :)

If you can set aside just part of one day per week you can really improve your performance chops and your pocket cash.

Go out for four hours on Sunday nights. Set that aside as your time. Of course you have to find a pitch that is close to your house.

I work in Harvard Square here in Cambridge, MA. By day I work as a computer network engineer. I took a job for a company based in you guessed it, Harvard Square. After work I can walk to my pitch from my day job. It is a half block away.

About 50% of the reason I took this job was because of it's proximity to my pitch.

It can be done you just have to be clever about where you work.

Best,

Dan-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:21 pm 

Dan, when are you on your pitch and where is it. I may be in Boston and would love to see you perform. I can always learn especially how to handle hecklers and how to work the hat lines.

Peter

Post subject: I see Gazzo every day
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:20 pm 
Penguin

I see Gazzo every day. He is awesome. You can find him here:

www.GazzoShow.com

www.TheOutfit.uk.com