View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Balducci levitation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:20 pm 
Penguin

I have had such bad luck with the Balducci levitation, only little kids have fallen for it. I have even bought Learn to Levitate. I am not sure what is wrong can someone help?

Post subject: Re: Balducci levitation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:49 pm 
Penguin

i also bought the learn to levitate video but everyone has seemed to found out. Some sights even tell you how its done. And even if you had the angle down perfectly any adult knows you're not really levitating.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:12 pm 
born to perform.

Sure, most any person knows your not REALLY levitating-that's impossible, but can they do it themselves-probably not. Just try to make it look really mystical and do it under controlled conditions (i.e. hallways, narrow spaces) and you can still fool some people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:24 pm 
Penguin

what sights tell you how to levitate?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:50 pm 

aight, if you have an old pair of shoes you still fit in and dont care about w/rubber soles, cut through underneath the left toes. Perform the Balducci and now theyll see both shoes off the ground and your sock will be hidden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

I'm not gonna list them here, but just go to Google and search for balducci levitaion. You'll get more than a few sites that show you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:28 am 
Penguin

ok im going to be very hard on you, but don't take any offense...just learn from this and you will prosper and become a very good card conjurer... Little kids only believe you because you SUCK! you flat out suck and you dont even practice the angles long enough to know how many steps you should take away from the person to have it so it looks like both feet are going up. you want a good trick for your talent show? how about buying the royal road to card magic and now you see it now you don't? they are on amazon.com and you can make a good living on just these books if you become famous.... once you have bought these look into buying the tarbell series there are 8 volumes. i recommend buying the from ebay.com so you can save 100 dollars.....over 3700 pages of magic from how to produce rabbits and doves to producing multiple cards and split fans and those stage illusions like sawing ppl in half and having ppl switch places (metamorphisis). Join www.themagiccafe.com so you can be enlightened and see the real world of conjuring... Do you have AIM? i think i can help you and give you a simple but devastating card trick that you could do at your talent show... the effect is there is two decks and you show the spectator(s) that they are real and hand them out for inspection. you ask them to pick a deck, the red or blue one. they pick whatever and they are instructed to "do as you do" and you shuffle and then you tell them to shuffle. then you tell them to pick a card and they pick a card and place it on top then cut the deck 1000 times if they want and you then switch decks and look for your card and the cards turn out to be the same. impromptu....what is ur AIM screen name? I hope you didn't take offense as i was just trying to help you... Best regards, Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:44 pm 
Penguin

I have to agree with gtxby here. It's harsh, but you just aren't good at it. You simply can't stand sort of to an angle and rise on one foot. There are few VITAL points here. ONE: Don't tell them, "Watch me levitate." Don't even MENTION levitating. Just say something like, "Ok, I don't know if I can do this... sometimes this is really hard, just watch..." Also TWO: Stand far away. Don't stand like 5 feet away, stand 15 feet away if possible. This covers you a bit more. THREE: PRACTICE THE ANGLES IN AS MIRROR. FOUR: David Blaine made his fame on this trick. Are you BETTER than him? I doubt it. Will it ALWAYS work? NO!! But it will a lot of the time. Also, FIVE: Pick gullible people to perform it for. Dont' just do this trick on ANYONE. Do some card tricks first. Do some other tricks. If you get the sense that the person is a heckler or a hardcore skeptic who doesn't care about your tricks, DON'T DO THE BALDUCCI. If the person is amazed by your tricks and thinks you are doing real magic, the try the balducci towards the end. Be a "MAGICIAN", dude... Don't be a guy who "DOES TRICKS".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:10 pm 
Penguin

Thanx for the help. I don't take offense to what you said it's cool. A tip for the card trick you gave me. Do the trick with a one way deck it will amaze everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:04 pm 
Penguin

is there any levitation out right now where there is a hole in your shoe and you do the balducci and both *shoes* really go up? maybe i should start marketing it heh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:08 pm 
born to perform.

Adruzzis acending is a Balducci with a hole in your shoe sole. Both of your SHOES go up, but not both of your feet(I don't think they could do one where both your feet go up without a pretty hefty gimmick).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:13 pm 

I think Max is a pretty smart guy. I mean, consider the facts : Hes taken idea that ive posted and is making it his own. But that is not all, and my hat is off, he is going to sell a busted shoe for profit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

Oh he meant he would market the *shoes*. Now I feel stupid ;-). I thought he meant the effect. Well selling pre-cut out shoes is a great idea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:07 pm 
Penguin

A couple of things that will help. Be sure to wear long pants and black shoes are better than white. The angles are very important. Only perform the trick if the conditions are right. It is better to back out of doing it than to blow it. When you do it right you will blow people away. I've had great results performing the Balducci in hallways and doorways. The viewers angles are restricted to where you want them. It also makes your positioning much easier. Practice in front of a video camera. Again, only perform it when and if it feels right. I've led people on for days, and then when things just happened to be right - boom. I think people were way too harsh on you, because it isn't perfect levitation (I bet they have screwed it up a few times) and also there were mistakes that can even be seen on the tape.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:51 pm 
Penguin

Thanx for sticking up for me