View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Watch and Cry
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:07 pm 
Penguin

I think that it would be easy to not notice my watch missing, but the people David Blaine steals from seem pretty dumb. When he steals the watch he shakes their hands back and forth and when he stops shaking, he tells them that the cards switched places. They go for it, but if you watch close they didnt switch! I have tried this for probably 15 people and only one fell for it! Morgan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:39 am 
Penguin

hey frijid! Ever heard of a trick called the ellis ring? Its the same principle. Where you put a ring on their thumb and cover with a cloth. Reach under said cloth and remove the ring .....vanish it then remove the cloth and the ring is back on their finger. That and wearing a watch for a long time gets you aclimated to it. Try this.... wear a watch for a couple months then take it off. Now count how many times you look at your empty wrist to see what time it is. Wouldn't the absence of the watch tell you it aint there? Or how 'bout this ever look for hours for your glasses or sunglasses only to find them on top of your head why didn't you feel them. Mysteries of the body will return in a moment......hehe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:00 pm 
Penguin

frijid- I understand this watch stealing concept has been beaten to death, but here is one more in favor of it. If you do get an opportunity to watch a 'steal' happen it almost appears as a full contact sport. Extreme misdirection and nothing subtle about it. avid by Hobson shows some good steals. I didn't like his manner of magic. Too goofy and insane stuff. But during his act he comes in contact with several people and takes all their watches. At the end of the show he thanks them for their 'time'...literally. Not all watches are made for stealing. A good video might make you a believer. I do say that it has to take 'big stones' to attempt it. You are probably gonna get caught in the act alot in the beginning. Be ready with a response to that. Keep at it. By the way, I've seen glasses removed right from someones face without them knowing it. Talk about a performer.