View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: crossing over
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

when i first started (card) magic i always would used gimmicked decks like the svengali and aces in your faces etc. but now i would like to start doing the slight of hand stuff cause i can do it i just dont know any does anyone have any good videos or DVD sugestions or anytricks you would like to share with me...oh i mostly do card magic while walking around in a mall or a restraunt or something but i also do birthdays so any suggestions at all would be great.

Post subject: Re: crossing over
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:55 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
best of sankey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:16 am 
born to perform.

best of sankey......or sankeys secret files

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:44 am 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Wouldn't be able to tell, I only have the best of. But I hear Art Of Astonishmnet books are some of the best in magic. Bought mine 2 weeks ago but haven't got em yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:48 pm 
Penguin

Art of Astonishment by Paul Harris is all you'll need for years to come Amazing set of books.Order priority shipping it took almost 2 weeks to get mine using free shipping.you might think that the books are a little pricey but when you get them you will think you ripped penguin magic off. get these books.!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:15 pm 

For someone who doesn't know anything, you need to get down your basics which are going to be a staple part of your magic forever (helps you to do magic right then and there, gives you more options for tricks, aids you in creating your own effects, and gives you ability to think on your feet if ever in a sticky situation). I would recommend books like "Now you See it," and "Royal Road to Card Magic". I would also say Card College would be a great series to invest in. For a few more advanced or specific type books, I would go for "Counts, Cuts, and Subtleties" which is an excellent "moves" book. Also, Harry Lorayne's "Apocalypse" series are great, though very pricey (I only own one, and its been great). "The Magic of Michael Ammar" is great, as well as a book called "Close-Up and Personal". For vids, I would have to say that "On the Spot" by Gregory Wilson has been my best video investment in all my years of magic. Great video, fun, and great stuff to learn. Unfortunately, I wish it was DVD instead of VHS, but a small price to pay for a great video series, I'd say...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

alrighty...thanx for the suggestions everyone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:59 am 
Penguin

hey can u teach me how t o do magic tricks... i dunt have a credit card so i cant buy anything online