View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELP...the web
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:32 am 
Penguin

i seriously need help...i just bought the web and for some reason, people always feel the spider when i load it. it's very irritating and i had to stop my trick a lot of times. i put the adhesive all around the circumference of the circle...can someone teach me the correct way to load it or perhaps its the problem with the position of the adhesive?

Post subject: Re: HELP...the web
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Of course they "feel the spider when you load it". Human skin is sensitive to touch. That to me is what makes this trick so stupid. Anybody who didn't feel it would have to be asleep, drunk or in a coma! Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:04 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Although i respect Frijid and i agree with all of his theorys about watch steals i have a great way to "load" the spider that gets them every single time. First i take there hand to deal the cards. I then make a comment about their smooth silky skin and massage it like a pervert. This will always get laughter and when you do it to a girl she will always pull her hand away. You let out a few giggles and appologize. After this she wont want to give her hand back. This is the time to load. Grab her hand a little yank towards yourself. If you use the right amount of pressure she wont notice. It feels just like it was your fingers that wouldnt let a spectator get away for his little trick. If you cant get this down dont worry. The spider part isnt really the big part of the trick. Its just a little surprise at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:43 pm 
Penguin

I like Freed's method, but I disagree with his last comment. I think the spider is what makes this trick so unique and memorable. Not to mention a total freak out for some people. For me it's all in the way you grab thier hand. I just quickly grab their hand with some pressure and emphize the point of keeping it flat and still. This little bit of misdirection make them not notice the spider. Enjoy, this is really fun effect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:37 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Now that i think about it, i would have to say your right. However, some people react different to the two parts. When i do it to little kid that are like eight they freak when the spider is on the back of their hand. Dont worry, i dont use the method above for eight year olds. When i do it for kids my age (13) and adults they are so crazy by the cards they just think its a "cute ending" as my mom would say. When i do it for the elderly (no offense to Frijid) they go crazy for the spider thing just like the younger ones. So i guess it depends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:06 pm 
Penguin

thanx for all your comments...but could you guys tell me how come when i do it they always feel it? and don't they feel the weight of the spider on their hand? some say they felt the legs...how do i solve that problem? the legs are already quite high...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:50 pm 
Penguin

ummm dudes most people think that the little scratch they feel from the legs is your finger nail.put a little more adehesive in the spiders belly to insure a good stick the more you put on the less they will feel the spider.Ive performed this effect over a hundred times and have never had a problem with people thinking I put a somthing on their hand.. good luck guys.. by the way Im the reason The Web is on here I told Maxwell about like 8 months ago and its been a hit since.Im 22 years old and like a year ago while traveling in Las Vegas a 14 year old performed this effect on me and I had to get it. I find it to be pretty strong magic if performed correctly. ok and now for the loading part first the misdirection is flashing them a blank card 99.9% of people have never seen a blank card so their like wow how did he get that. then I have them hold old both hands I got Mr.WEB finger palmed and I kinda give their hands a little tug towards me then i load people never think I put something on them HINT HINT perform this trick outside after dark it adds alot to the performance and anothe HINT HINT just perform this effect on women cause cmon a real man is not afraid of spiders.I usually put this effect in the middle of my performance cause it takes a minute for them to get into The magic zone where I want them!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:56 pm 
Penguin

um...if you use a lot of the adhesive right, what other alternatives can you use if you finish using it. if you use the adhesive once, does it mean that u can't use it again? will it like become less sticky...i tried a few times and some even dropped off...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:30 pm 
Penguin

try bending the legs backs so it doesnt touch the skin at all

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:40 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Steal someones watch, then do "the web" and say, he look at your hand. Then when they start screaming say, he he stole your watch and tried giving it to me...