View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: charge
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:49 pm 
Penguin

hey everybody i been doing magic for about a year and a half now and i'm looking for people's opinions on this i'm wondering if it's to early for me to start doing shows? I do have some good tricks i do all types of magic, card, coin, stage and street and i also do card manipulation also? i'm thinking if i did a show it would be around 30 to 45 minutes? and also how much u think i should charge? thanks

Post subject: Re: charge
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:20 pm 
Penguin

Well firts, have you ever done a show before?? If not you should puit on a FREE show like in your garage or somewhere and make it free so people will just come and check it out and if they like you they might try and check you out some more and maybe even ask for tips in a cup at the back table!! Thats what i am going to do in about a few weeks so e-mail me and we can talk about shows and maybe help each other with routines, e-mail me at dannyt55@juno.com -Danny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:47 pm 
Penguin

Tommy Magic HERE I SUGEST THAT YOU PERFORM FOR YOUR FAMILY THAN GET THIER REACTION THEY WILL BE VERY CRIDICAL AND HARD ON YOU BUT IF YOU THINK YOU ARE READY GO FOR IT!!! THATS WHAT I'VE DONE AND I WENT TO AN ITERVEIW THE OTHER DAY AND PERFORMED FOR A JOB. I BLEW THEM AWAY WITH SLIGHT OF HAND MAGIC I WILL BE PAYED 200.00 PER HR. 2HRS LONG THEY DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICE. GOOD LUCK YOU GET ONE SHOT IN LIFE DON'T LET IT PASS YOU BY.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:47 am 
Penguin

im 12 and i do bday partes and get 10 or 5 dollars

Post subject: before charge
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:11 am 
Before charging do a free show at a assisted living center. They love it and you get the practice in front of a crowd. Charging is another thing, who is your compitition what do they charge. If doing birthday parties then, amusment parks and pizza parlors are your compitition. What would it cost to take 10 kids to an amusment park, now figure what you should charge. :twisted: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: 8) :!: :!: :arrow: :idea: :P :x :D :)

Post subject: shows
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:47 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, if u feel you are ready, and have sufficent practice i'd go for it, and make sure u get your name out there, because once it's in circulation, your all set! If you need any tips on routines i'd be glad to help,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:21 pm 

these tricks should feel as natural in your hands as a pencil when you do a show. and another tip, you dont have to use every trick you own, use the good ones, and dont be too long.