View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: school...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:13 pm 
Penguin

im kinda new at magic but best in my large school (not too much of an accomplishment) but anyway during lunch and all of that time i get crowds of like 30 people. The school wanted to put me on the stage and do a show for the school (A LOT of people) i was wondering how i could go about doing that when all i do is street type close up magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
I wouldn't do it. :?

Its not a smart choice if you know NOTHING about stage magic.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:25 pm 
Penguin

yeah i mean i hate to pass it down but i would have to learn some good tage magic to satisfy so many people. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:32 pm 
born to perform.

Well we hate to sink your spirit but if you know nothing about stage magic you are going to make a fool of yourself. In till you have a routine, effects patter and everything else you need you are not ready. You really need to pass it up becasue you are going to make a fool of yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:58 pm 
Penguin

right no worries about sinking my spirit, later on i might look into learning some stage but ill stick to doing my small crowds for now thanks for the advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:14 pm 
born to perform.

Tell them its not the type of magic you do...I was in the same position to do a school show and turned it down and it was the best desicion. Because in school working with small crowds and dealing one on one with some maybe heckler type kids...you know who I'm talking about...is alot easier. Also, I dont like to force magic upon anyone. Whoever wants to see your magic will ask you 99% of the time. To collect a bunch of students who might not be interested is a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:20 pm 
Penguin

I think if you got enuf time then oder some good stage magic vids and watch them some will tell you how to make gimmicks that are really good like the The Spirit Table or the zombie but if you dont whant to and you youl make a foule out of your self then dont due it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:39 pm 
Penguin

wat tricks do u usually do for a crowd like that ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:50 pm 
born to perform.

You would need more than just street magic, how will they see that coin trick way in the back of the auditorium? You would need large props, sword cabinet, animals, head chopper, rope magic and the like. Wait untill you get about ten things that you can do on stage that the people in the back can see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
If you had a projector and a camera you could do close-up. I'm sure it would be possible.
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:42 pm 
born to perform.

Well before i got offered the same thing to do stage magic but all i do is closeup. So i turned it down, and they said how bout restaruant magic kinda tihng. So like a lunch times i would go round the dinner hall (cafeteria) doing magic from table to table :D ask if you could do that

-K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:44 am 
Penguin

you could do mentalism with a forced card on stage. mentalism would be your best choice if you dont no any stage magic. you can learn a lot from the banachek dvds. you might also wanna consider building a subtrunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:49 pm 
Penguin

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/stage-mag ... 5e69b3766b
thats what i suggest. its pretty good stuff im not into stage but my friend is and he gets his stuff there. but this is only if you're willing to spend a lot of money. and like wat harry said do mentalism. or get 13 steps to mentalism by Corinda. fantastic. maybe do a levitation with some IT to open up. ummmmm..... maybe Morgan's Psychokenetic Silverware thats a great one pretty visual. maybe Strat-O-Sphere. sumtin like that.

JUST DO VISUAL TRICKS...thats all I can say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:07 pm 
born to perform.

screw stage show, do a close up show :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:27 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
thecardist wrote:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/stage-magic-c-14.html?zenid=29d7de7b4ef9833e5978b15e69b3766b
thats what I suggest. its pretty good stuff im not into stage but my friend is and he gets his stuff there. but this is only if you're willing to spend a lot of money. and like wat harry said do mentalism. or get 13 steps to mentalism by Corinda. fantastic. maybe do a levitation with some IT to open up. ummmmm..... maybe Morgan's Psychokenetic Silverware thats a great one pretty visual. maybe Strat-O-Sphere. sumtin like that.

JUST DO VISUAL TRICKS...thats all I can say

Floating stuff with IT and bending silverware isnt going to be big enough for stage. People are going to have a hard time seeing it and get bored. And seeing how you are in high school they will probably heckle you. These suggestions wont work on stage. The best thing you can do is say no. Maybe next year if you really work on it.