View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quantum Bender vs. Coinvexed Head-to-Head Review!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

I have seen a few debates about these two products pop up from time to time on various forums. I finally decided to do a head to head review that considers the practicality, the quality, and the price of the gimmicks.

http://www.custom-playing-card.com/quantum-bender.html

Post subject: Re: Quantum Bender vs. Coinvexed Head-to-Head Review!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:15 pm 
born to perform.

To me if we dont compare price. Quantum bender wins HANDS DOWN. But if we are going to compare price the Superman Coin bend or similar cheap coin bender is just as good as Coinvexed in terms of handling. For the price i dont think coinvexed is worth it in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

keepitbottled wrote:
To me if we dont compare price. Quantum bender wins HANDS DOWN. But if we are going to compare price the Superman Coin bend or similar cheap coin bender is just as good as Coinvexed in terms of handling. For the price i dont think coinvexed is worth it in my opinion.

That has sort of been the party line by most QB users over the years. That's why I really tried to cut through all the hype and look at each from a mechanics point of view. How does a coin get bent? What tools do you use? What needs to be done to those tools to allow you to bend the coin subtlety right in front of your spectators?

Once you go through that series of questions only a few options emerge. Each option is only slightly more clever and functional than the last. I don't own the Superman but judging from the videos I have watched, my knowledge of these two gimmicks, the questioning process I went through, I have a pretty good idea of what it is. So my estimate is that the Coinvexed is "a little" better than the Superman. I know for a fact that the Quantum Bender is "a little" better than Coinvexed. Yet the prices! $50.00 jumps to $150, $150 jumps to $500! So thus, Coinvexed gets a little bit of criticism and Quantum Bender gets a lot of criticism. I give Coinvexed a little extra slack for for teaching an all around better routine.

Another reason for my harshness is that, though I never owned the Boa coin bender, Morgan Strebbler demos it on his Spun DVD. A Quantum bender is essentially a Boa with one cosmetic change and one design change. As I recall, the Boa sold for $60.00. Is one cosmetic change and one design change worth $440.00?

So yes, The QB is the best device on the market. But the vast majority of the price you pay is for nothing more than the exclusivity of the device.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:45 am 
born to perform.

I agree with all that.

I own the boa coin bender. I can tell you that the middle bit screws in and out, therefore the gimmick is in two pieces. As opposed to 1 piece like QB2. Also the shape means u cannot get a effective bend in real time. Coin can slip off etc etc. Doesnt work as a real time bend at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:13 pm 
born to perform.

keepitbottled wrote:
I agree with all that.

I own the boa coin bender. I can tell you that the middle bit screws in and out, therefore the gimmick is in two pieces. As opposed to 1 piece like QB2. Also the shape means u cannot get a effective bend in real time. Coin can slip off etc etc. Doesnt work as a real time bend at all.

Okay...well that answers some questions. So QB is quite a bit more practical than that. Still...$440.00 for those improvements :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 pm 
born to perform.

Agreed with every that has already been said. QB2 for sure for me also. pocket space is a bit one for me. and also here in australia, you don't really carry a pocket full of change.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 pm 
Penguin

The only coin bends that I have worked with are the Superman Coin Bend and The Closer.

I favor The Closer because it is clean and subtle and just as effective (if not more so) than other coin bends. Some might complain about audiences burning the hands, but the same audience would do ten times as much damage if a gimmick had to be hidden. For that reason, and due to the price, I really like The Closer.

The Superman Coin Bend is great because the bend can be done "in real time" so to speak, and I managed to devise a way in which I can show my hands clean before and after the effect without requiring misdirection to set up or ditch. If not for that, I would hate the Superman. In fact, it collected dust for the first three years that I owned it before I experimented with ways of making it cleaner and more ergonomic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for that info. I know the closer as well and it does work. Probably the boldest coin bend out there but for those who are good performers they certainly can save themselves some money!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
Penguin

Definitely true. I have found that when performed with proper focus and charisma, The Closer will have an insanely strong impact. However, there have been occasions on which I haven't put quite enough emphasis on the theatrical side of it, and it will fall flat that way.

Post subject: A86-11
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 am 
Penguin

佐賀 中古車
トラック 中古車
フィールドガレージ
佐賀 こども園
みまさか幼稚園
武雄 幼稚園
名張市 塾
名張 学習塾
名張 塾