View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to Magic...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:37 am 
Penguin

Hey I have just recently became highly interested in this talent, I find it really awesome to be able to call your friends over and mess with their heads..My questions; 1) Let say I buy the hummer card and the quarter bite trick how long would it taker a beginner (16 yrs old) to be able to make it look real... 2) I know no one wil tell me how they work, but is it magnetism, strings, or wat that makes these amazing effects? Thanks Any other tips would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: New to Magic...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:52 am 
born to perform.

Beginner tricks that will blow them away: Invisible Deck. Scotch and Soda. Go for the Coinbite, it'll totally nail them and it is't that hard to do at all. Hotrod. Pen through Dollar. All very Powerful, all very easy. I'm not so sure about hummer card. I don't own it but suspect its not great for what your looking for...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:57 pm 
born to perform.

i would start with scotch and soda.....coin bite i would wait off on until you learn some sleights.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

Suprisingly it takes a lot of aim and some adhesive to get the bite quarter to become complete again, thats why you dont see many magicians have it very far away from their mouths.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:36 pm 
Penguin

About 2 years ago I bought the hummer card under a different name and for a much higher price and right off I thought that it sucked. It basically sat in the closet for 2 years until reciently when I got it out and decided to practice it. Yes, it does take quite a bit of practice but the reactions I've gotten have been great. And when you give them the card to examine they're dumbfounded. Coin bite, the only angle problems are you can't really have anyone on the sides of you and in the Penguin's Only section there's a couple posts of some sleights you can use.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:29 am 

Your suspicions are absolutely correct - No one will give you the secret to a trick! I'm not trying to be sarcastic. Just thing about it this way - Are you getting into magic to figure out how it is done, or do you really want to ENTERTAIN? If it is the latter, the secret really doesn't matter - it is the end effect and your personal ability that is the true MAGIC to any effect. As you can see from the responses so far, we are all more than willing to share our opinions with you so that the tricks you buy match your performing ability. None of us want you to get frustrated with magic and be turned off by it. However, please do us one favour in return: Don't rush out to perform a trick (any trick) right after you have bought it. Even the simplest tricks require time to master, so that you can perform them with confidence and style. Make the committment to PERFECT every trick before you perform it in public. Anyways, enough preaching - HAVE FUN!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:28 pm 
born to perform.

DOn't go with hummer card yet!!!!!!! It isn't as easy (or good) as it sounds & if you are just starting magic then you need to work on other things first. I would suggest getting "The Royal Road to Card Magic" first off, you can't get it here but Amazon.com sells it for about 10 bucks. You need to get some basic slights down before you start to perform fo friends & others. If you want an easy trick that ANYONE can do & gets good reactions then get nickles to dimes. (p.s. the quote for that product is mine!!) I am not trying to be mean or say that you suck, I just want you to be as impressive to your friends as you possible can. My reputation has been tarnished in the past because I didn't practice a trick long enough & then wend out & showed it to a friend & blew it badly. The people that are the most impressed by me are the ones that I haven't messed up in front of. If you want any advice or help then e-mail me at alertresource@zwallet.com & I will be GLAD to help you all that I can.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:22 pm 

DO NOT GET COINBITE. GET 3 IN 1 QUARTER. I cannot begin to tell you how much more superior it is. Basically 3 in 1 is invisible coinbite is not, to the extent that it is completely worth the extra bucks. Both are easy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:26 am 
Penguin

The coin bite is very easy a great beginer youll get great reviews from it everyone will want to know how its done it well worth the little you will pay for it