View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Easy Money
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:17 pm 
born to perform.

magicman4646 wrote:
EZrhythm wrote:
rlafavers wrote:
Also on a side note some one should come out with one of these tricks that include the gimmick and some fakes (only for use with the trck of course.) I don't about you guys but I don't have $500 laying around to do magic with. Or 5 20's for that matter.

Just obtain one of the bills you would like to use for the effect and go and make some high quality copies.
And before someone jumps in and says that is illegal, it absolutely is not.
It is only illegal to attempt to pass them off as real when making a purchase.

Or just work and use real money. :roll:

Exactly...doing $1s to $5s is only $30 in cash. Really not a lot for such an incredible effect. And you're not even losing the money! Only a few dollars get "tied up", the rest are free to spend and deconstructing the gimmick is easy!

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:06 am 
born to perform.

True but 100's are definitely MOST IMPRESSIVE and since you don't hand out the bills for examination anyway.

...and since it's possible to "show" 100's this way and not have to invest and tie them up.

Let's come up with a handling so that one may borrow any four bills and change those. A change bag or certain type of wallet comes to mind, how 'bout a sleight or misdirection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 am 
born to perform.

EZrhythm wrote:
True but 100's are definitely MOST IMPRESSIVE and since you don't hand out the bills for examination anyway.

...and since it's possible to "show" 100's this way and not have to invest and tie them up.

Let's come up with a handling so that one may borrow any four bills and change those. A change bag or certain type of wallet comes to mind, how 'bout a sleight or misdirection.

I've done it to a select audience (my girlfriend) with $1s to $5s, $20s, and $100s. Taking the gimmick apart and putting it back together is like second nature to me now, and honestly, her reactions were the same every time. I did 100s first (after getting paid) and she flipped. The next day I did 5s and she yelled "Why are you doing this to me?" The last time was just yesterday with 20s, and she asked me who I was, and what I did with her boyfriend.

I like $1s to $20s or more better, but for a younger person, magazine clippings or $5s are probably the best contrast bill.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:04 pm 
born to perform.

If you want to borow four bills, which I don't think is a good idea, use your wallet. Say something like:

"Is this the money you gave me?"
"Yes it is."
"Oh, THANKS!"
Put money in your wallet (it's a joke)
"Just kidding, here, watch this."
Do Extreme Burn or Heiny 500

You would be able to use your normal everyday wallet, but if you want to be really clean you can use a Z-Wallet or a Himber Wallet.
-----------------------------------------------
I agree with miniserb725, sort of. Changing one denomination to a higher one is impressive, no matter how much the difference is. Changing $1s to $100s is the MOST POWERFUL thing you can do.
I know people who hand out the $100s for examination. Personally, I wouldn't. Real money works better becuase of the way it's printed and what it's printed on. A high-quality photo-copy doesn't compare with using real money.
I was wondering, what do you perform? Which version, and to what denominations? In your opinion, make a list of the best to the worst. Include Hundy 500, Slow Burn, Heiny 500, and Extreme Burn. You can include others too.

1. Extreme Burn
2. Heiny 500
3. Slow Burn
4. Hundy 500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:10 pm 
born to perform.

how about your favorite extreme burn changes?

1. underground
2. gravity
3. flicker
4. turnover (vertical or reg.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
how about your favorite extreme burn changes?

1. underground
2. gravity
3. flicker
4. turnover (vertical or reg.)

1. Underground
2. Turnover
3. Smackdown
4. Gravity

Post subject: Re;Easy Money + Variations
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:13 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the details of all the possible variations and i am sure you took a lot of hard work in finding those thing.
---
sathyan

Make Money

Post subject: Re: Re;Easy Money + Variations
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:22 pm 
born to perform.

sathyan wrote:
Thanks for the details of all the possible variations and i am sure you took a lot of hard work in finding those thing.
---
sathyan

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

So...
I get to add to my original post.
Visceral has been added to the original post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:00 am 
Penguin

-This is a great review and resource.
-Funny enough, I was looking at this Thread this afternoon and now it's on top....maybe I have some sort of low grade ESP :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 am 
born to perform.

magicman4646 wrote:
I know people who hand out the $100s for examination. Personally, I wouldn't. Real money works better becuase of the way it's printed and what it's printed on. A high-quality photo-copy doesn't compare with using real money.

Try high-quality color copies on that paper that is used for those mailing envelopes that are extremely tear resistant. If you don't have $100s to tie up, this is a great option.

Oh, and Thank You for the update to this thread.

Last edited by EZrhythm on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:41 am 
born to perform.

UPDATED:

Foreign Exchange: A marketed item from Jim Pace, uses the same gimmick as Patrick Page’s “Easy Money”.
-I was not able to find this marketed item anywhere.

Money for Nothin' and Tricks for Free: This by Phil Cass of Australia and is also virtually identical to “Easy Money”.
-HERE is a place where Phil's lecture notes can be found, "OH NO! NOT A MAGICIAN!!", which contains this effect.

Dollarama:: A marketed item from Bob King. It is based on Fred Kaps’s “Flash Cash”, but the gimmick has been changed a bit so the moment of transformation is altered slightly.
-HERE is one place you can get this marketed effect.

Lotto Cash: This is by Peter Studebaker. It is similar to Kaps’s “Flash Cash”—a handful of lottery tickets turns into a handful of dollar bills. However, the bills are attached to the gimmick at an angle, giving the transformation a slightly different look. An added advantage is that the tickets and bills can be different sizes.
-HERE is one place you can buy his DVD, "Classic Studebaker", which contains this effect.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo clip to the DVD.

Dubya’s Tax Rebate: This is a marketed version of Kaps’s “Flash Cash”. Blank pieces of paper change into novelty $200 bills with George W. Bush’s portrait.
-I was not able to find this marketed item anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 pm 
Penguin

I think that Slow Burn is the best. To me it's by far the most visual and looks like REAL magic. My spectators can grasp and savour what they're seeing, unlike Extreme Burn, where they don't fully understand what just happened, and aren't able to soak in the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

UPDATED:

HandOut 500: This is a marketed bill switch by Steve Haynes. It utilizes a new gimmick, which takes away the extra thickness of the bills. Also, you can now handout all five bills after the change. You also show both sides of the bills as they change.
-HERE is the place you can purchase HandOut 500. It's a DVD containing HandOut 500 plus a bonus effect. It's a "Paul Harris Presents" release.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video for HandOut 500.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 pm 
Team Penguin

You must LOVE this trick man!

Great resourse though, glad you keep updating!

Oh, and I saw NO MORE CARD TRICKS on the new Reel Magic, great job!

I have that Magic Magazine, and that trick is AWESOME!