View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Power Word:Fall
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 58
I have a few questions about power word fall:


1:How large is the gimmick? Can it fit in your pocket?

2:Do you need to touch the object you want to make fall beforehand? If not than can the specs set the object standing up? If so then how long must you set up for?


Answers are greatly appreciated.
Taterhead


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power Word:Fall
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
taterhead wrote:
I have a few questions about power word fall:


1:How large is the gimmick? Can it fit in your pocket?

2:Do you need to touch the object you want to make fall beforehand? If not than can the specs set the object standing up? If so then how long must you set up for?


Answers are greatly appreciated.
Taterhead


Hello,
The gimmick is very small, and can be carried without notice. You could put it into your pocket if you want to, but I carry it a different way, which is shown in the DVD.

You never have to touch the objects. The spectator can set them up and then immediately pick them up after they fall. This can be done with a setup or setup right in front of the spectator without them noticing. In my favorite version of this, the items, table, and yourself, can be examined directly following the effect, and be totally clean.

I hope this helps. I always want people to get the most out of my effects and clear up any questions that they may have. -Matt Sconce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 58
Thanks Matt, I will definately be getting your effect in my next order. But I have one more question. Does it need to be performed on a table.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 May 2006
Posts: 340
Location: Toronto, Canada
taterhead wrote:
Thanks Matt, I will definately be getting your effect in my next order. But I have one more question. Does it need to be performed on a table.


I have the effect, I can probably answer this one for you...and so could a lot of people...what I mean by that is ask yourself that question again. Can it be performed at a table. Well, the 'effect' is making something fall over. In order for something to fall over it needs to be standing on something. Now that it is standing on something, why not make it a table? :D

I can't really reveal much, and I hope this doesn't expose anything, but you can't really use small tables...like for example, I don't think using a bar stool or something similar in size would work. Having said that, you may be able to adapt it...once you get it you will see :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
trobbins2584 wrote:
taterhead wrote:
Thanks Matt, I will definately be getting your effect in my next order. But I have one more question. Does it need to be performed on a table.


I have the effect, I can probably answer this one for you...and so could a lot of people...what I mean by that is ask yourself that question again. Can it be performed at a table. Well, the 'effect' is making something fall over. In order for something to fall over it needs to be standing on something. Now that it is standing on something, why not make it a table? :D

I can't really reveal much, and I hope this doesn't expose anything, but you can't really use small tables...like for example, I don't think using a bar stool or something similar in size would work. Having said that, you may be able to adapt it...once you get it you will see :wink:


Actually, I have done this on a tray table and a stool. You just need to use one of the other "Ways" to do it taught on the DVD. The "Universal Method" is what I am referring to. You need a surface flat enough to stand the objects on but it's size does not have anything to do with the effect. It is what I use almost all the time, unless I am doing walk around as it is the easiest to get in and out of and leaves the table you and the items completely clean. You need a bit of audience management skills but then you are golden! If you are doing the basic method, the size of the table will come into play. I hope that helps! -Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:11 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 58
What I was asking is can it be performed on the ground.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
taterhead wrote:
What I was asking is can it be performed on the ground.


I have not performed it on the ground. While it could be performed on the ground, I do not believe it be as effective as on a taller flat surface. I hope that helps. -Matt Sconce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
It is always fun to see performances of your effect. I just stumbled across a video of someone performing Power Word: Fall on youtube. It was cool to see. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg7xQZEk2s4 Watch when he faces away from the objects and they still fall. It is always helpful in a review thread to see other people perform the effect. I hope that helps.
-Matt Sconce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
I was searching youtube for performances of Power Word: Fall and I came across this video. It has some comedy, but really shows the versatility of the effect: Selecting objects to fall while others do not, turning away, barriers, and mass falling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E92BYrP3Mx0

Enjoy!
-Matt Sconce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 319
Can I put REAL barriers in between me and the object?

Say I have a spectator put a domino (for example) standing upright on a table, and then I place a sheet of glass inbetween me and the domino - can I still make it fall?

Even better, can I place a glass bowl (fishbowl?) around the WHOLE of the domino and will it still work?

Tom
xx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 2081
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thomaswadefraser wrote:
Can I put REAL barriers in between me and the object?

Say I have a spectator put a domino (for example) standing upright on a table, and then I place a sheet of glass inbetween me and the domino - can I still make it fall?

Even better, can I place a glass bowl (fishbowl?) around the WHOLE of the domino and will it still work?

Tom
xx


No and no.

Hope that helps,
Rev.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 4235
Location: Continuously practicing, even as I type.
I don't get it, how creators just get a psychic vibe to come post. It is cool, but I don't know how that works!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 635
Location: Canada
This question is for anyone on here but it's directed mainly at Matt:

I'm planning on buying this effect soon and I saw on Youtube a kid that's wanting to sell it and he said that the gimmick was IT and I don't believe it is that but if it is then I might reconsider getting it if its not it the IT then I'll get it.

Also this is pertaining to the actual effect. Can you make something as big as an empty DVD case fall over or would that be pushing it? if so is there something you can do besides the stuff shown on the demo video like a small empty pop bottle (the mini version not the regular 591 ml bottles) or a lighter or something along those lines?

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:49 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 474
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
This question is for anyone on here but it's directed mainly at Matt:

I'm planning on buying this effect soon and I saw on Youtube a kid that's wanting to sell it and he said that the gimmick was IT and I don't believe it is that but if it is then I might reconsider getting it if its not it the IT then I'll get it.


I can't help but feel like IT must be involved somehow, but I doubt we'll recieve any confirmation on that. Wouldn't that be exposure?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 635
Location: Canada
Nightmare91o wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
This question is for anyone on here but it's directed mainly at Matt:

I'm planning on buying this effect soon and I saw on Youtube a kid that's wanting to sell it and he said that the gimmick was IT and I don't believe it is that but if it is then I might reconsider getting it if its not it the IT then I'll get it.


I can't help but feel like IT must be involved somehow, but I doubt we'll recieve any confirmation on that. Wouldn't that be exposure?


If I don't get a response then I know it's IT but if I do get a response then I know it's not IT. It's probably not IT because you'd have to move your hands slightly to make the stuff fall over and I've watched so many of the videos on Youtube and you never see the people moving their hands even a fraction of an inch but then again the hand is quicker than the eye.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.