View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:25 pm 
Penguin

I JUST got this gimmick today and I must say I am slightly disappointed.

Firstly because the gimmick could be of higher quality, though it is perfectly usable if working in low light/indoors.

Secondly because it requires more settup than I thought. You need to touch the table (to set up a quick plan) and then sit down, and then you or the spectator can place the pens/cards.

I personally will probably not use this much, as I do street busking in a round, and it won't be very impressive; but it would be great at parties!

5/10

Tom
xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:28 pm 
born to perform.

Thomaswadefraser wrote:
I JUST got this gimmick today and I must say I am slightly disappointed.

Firstly because the gimmick could be of higher quality, though it is perfectly usable if working in low light/indoors.

Secondly because it requires more settup than I thought. You need to touch the table (to set up a quick plan) and then sit down, and then you or the spectator can place the pens/cards.

I personally will probably not use this much, as I do street busking in a round, and it won't be very impressive; but it would be great at parties!

5/10

Tom
xx

So it would be perfect for me then and here's a little catch 22 I'm going to ask you. [Exposure request deleted]

Post subject: Re: Power Word:Fall
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:41 pm 
Penguin

Hello everyone,
Hey guys, I have been extremely busy filming my movie and away from the forums, but I am excited to see Power Word: Fall still landing in people's illusion repertoires.

In answer to people's questions about the method, I of course cannot reveal it, but I can say that there is a way to do this that in no way involves touching a table at all. If you have the dvd, you will know it as the universal method. I use that the most frequently.

I can say that you do not need to move your hands in ANY way when you command the object to fall. Your entire body remains perfectly still, you command the object or wall of objects, or ping pong ball, etc to fall and it just does. You are then able to be examined, the item is able to be examined, and in the Universal method, the table is also able to be examined. It ends very clean. Good luck!

I have something really exciting on the horizon in the PK realm with Paper Crane. It will most likely end up here through Murphy's. It is the closest I have ever come to seeing what "Real Magic" would be like, and people FLIP out with it. I will let you know more as it develops. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:37 pm 
Penguin

I just read a great review on this effect and wanted to share it: I hope it helps you get a feeling for what the DVD contains. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

"PowerWord:Fall by Matt Sconce-"The words you speak when performing, change the impact your magic has on a spectator. Imagine having the ability to control objects with the power of your words. This is not an average psychokinetic effect. With just a quiet whisper from several feet away, you are able to make objects fall at your command. The Power Word principle allows you to perform the impossible, knock one object off another without affecting it or choose which objects will fall and which will remain standing."

Production-

No complaints here and as far as sound, video, lighting and angles goes, everything here is fine.

Teaching-

Matt is an excellent teacher. He really goes over the top to teach you the ins and outs of each method possible in detail.

Method-

Very clever and a genius way of using this prop.. Matt really put some thought into this and really pushed this prop beyond its expectations.

Gimmicks-

Depending if you order the DVD it comes with the gimmick, but if you ordered the download you will have to buy 2 different items. One will have to be ordered from a magic site and one can be bought pretty much anywhere.

Prep & Setup-

This varies depending on what method you decide to use. The prep literally takes a few seconds or minutes, this also depending on your situation. Although, most, if not all, require the same amount of prep to perform. Although, they are usable, but not portable... more suitable when you're at your own house, your friends house, park, or anywhere, but you should definitely consider your surroundings. But there is a very portable method taught, contributed by Brandon Williams, which is my personal favorite method. By using Brandon's Method, you are allowed to perform impromptu miracles. Also, in each method, by showing the designated ares to be completely clean, you are setup and ready to perform.

Performance-

Very easy and should only take a hours of practice to really get down. Certain situations can contain certain problems, such as some light and angle issues. Also not every place may be suitable to perform this, so you must experiment to see what's best for you and your comfort zone.

Applications-

Basic Fall: Allows you to knock over a single (borrowed) pen or playing card(s).
Pulse/Wave: Allows you to knock over multiple objects, whether they're in a line, pattern or wall.
Barrier: Allows you to knock over specific objects, regardless that there are other objects in front of it.
Ping Pong Ball: Allows you to knock an object of another object, essentially a ping pong ball of a highlighter.
Reverse: Allows you to knock over an object while your back is turned.
Under: Allows you to knock over an object under and through other objects.
Bonus Methods-
On The Go: Allows you to perform PowerWord: Fall on the go.
Brandon Williams Mobile Method: Allows you to perform PowerWord: Fall on the go and ready for impromptu PK miracles.

Thoughts-

This is definitely my style of magic and something I'll be performing for when I really want to blow peoples' minds. When used correctly, this is a very, very powerful effect that will make people question everything they know. It's as if a ghost has passed upon the objects where they slowly and eerily fall down. Also, this effect leaves a lot of room for presentation which allows you to make it fit you and your style. Also, another bonus is that the spectators themselves can set up the objects and when they fall, they are allowed to quickly grasp the objects and find nothing. Also, no weird, unnatural hand movements and also you can be as stiff as a statue, just utter the word and it falls. It's simple, direct, powerful and just insane... you/they set up the objects, you/they say the magic word, the objects fall. How more direct and fun can it get, you'll have them scratching their head in disbelief, with their mouths wide open, speechless and frozen in time.

Words have power-

-Inferno Kaiser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:42 pm 
Penguin

^Glad you like my review, Matt!

I'm having as much fun with 'Spin', as I did with 'PowerWord:Fall'...a review will hopefully be up soon [for 'Spin']!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:04 pm 
Penguin

question- i was wanting to get the instant download of this but it says additional items are required. are these items easily obtainable? i dont want to have to order something else after watching the download. i guess im asking if these are common items that a magician would have or something that may be purchased easily at a store.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:46 pm 
Penguin

jeffwehner wrote:
question- i was wanting to get the instant download of this but it says additional items are required. are these items easily obtainable? i dont want to have to order something else after watching the download. i guess im asking if these are common items that a magician would have or something that may be purchased easily at a store.

One is a common magical item and one is easily obtainable from a local store. Send me with any questions and I will get into more detail. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:03 pm 
Penguin

msconce wrote:
jeffwehner wrote:

One is a common magical item and one is easily obtainable from a local store. Send me with any questions and I will get into more detail. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

thanks.
thats all i really wanted to know. if it is a common magical item and i dont have it then i figure i should probably order said item anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

I finally got this. Very clever! Nice Job Matt!

What I like the most is the overall versatility of the method. Obviously the effect will always be knocking things down but the variety of ways this can be accomplished is the cool part. It is also mainly for light objects, pens and card castles, but that is true for the vast majority of PK magic. You can knock down single objects, multiple objects, objects behind a barrier, objects underneath impromptu frames, you can even line up four pens in a row and knock down the two in between. Pretty cool!

The standard method is to speak a powerword, fall, drop, BOO!, whatever you want it to be but I was primarily interested in adding this to my Seance show. For that I wanted the objects to fall down signalling the arrival of the ghosts. Therefore I wanted to have nothing to do with the effect...giving the "credit" to my spooks. I am happy to say that this can be done with absolutely no detectable movement and you don't even need a powerword if you don't want.

To be honest I have been getting a little annoyed with the "Matt your so awesome dude!" threads that pop up related to his products but after getting this I have one thing to say....
Matt your awesome dude!