View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spin | Matt Sconce
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:24 pm 
born to perform.

zambini wrote:
Even a grain of salt is a gimmick!

Like has been mentioned...there are no gimmicks.

If you really want to know how it works, buy it!! I think you'll be surprised at two things:
1. How simple it really is.
2. That there are in fact no gimmicks at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:29 pm 
Penguin

thanks also 2 more questions, do i have to be right next to the spinning object, or can i be across the room? also can my hands be down when im performing this?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm 
Penguin

kev1215 wrote:
thanks also 2 more questions, do i have to be right next to the spinning object, or can i be across the room? also can my hands be down when im performing this?

You must be near the object and you could have one hand down if you wanted to, but both are recommended. Once you get the concept of "setting it free" you learn in the DVD, you can end the effect with the object spinning quickly and your hands at your sides. Hope that helps! -Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 am 
Penguin

ok i changed the post

Last edited by kev1215 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:28 am 
born to perform.

kev1215 wrote:
With this trick am I just pushing the spinning object or blowing it

Yeah...and while you are at it could you just tell us how it's done?
Come on man. You are crossing the line between asking legitimate questions and asking for exposure. It's a no gimmick effect and he recommends hands near the object. If you need to know more than that then "Add to cart!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:39 pm 
Penguin

About the blowing question, I understand the curiosity. I think a lot of the "are you doing (fill in the blank)" can be answered by reading the text in the SPIN demo. It states things that are definitely NOT occurring. Just to throw it out there. You are definitely NOT pushing the object. Remember, I only market and perform magic that makes "me" feel like I am really doing magic. You will feel like the real deal when you are doing SPIN. -Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 am 
Penguin

I really like Spin. I was out to eat with friends a couple days ago and made a big knife spin. They now think I am possessed by spirits or something. good fun. I don't like having to bring gimmicks around and this is one thing I like about spin. I like that i can do it anywhere. A+ good stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 pm 
Penguin

You guys are evil... so tempting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 am 
Penguin

BathTub wrote:
You guys are evil... so tempting.

Glad to hear! I just had a review/story come in that made me smile. I will share it here. I love hearing stories like this! Makes my day. -Matt Sconce

"They told me that i was awesome!
Reviewed by Pasha Tarzi on Jan 25, 2010

All i can say is wow!
I mean it´s pure awesomeness!
You really make it spin and for thouse of you that think that u spin it with ur finger no you dont. It spins with power. Really it is "your" power!
And you dont have anything thats the cool thing.
I showed it in school today, and everyone was quiet in about 5 sec. After the 5 seconds everyone started to swear! They told me that i was awesome!
And when they wanted to try it. haha they just looked stupid.

I highly recommend this. I dont have the dvd. I got the Download.

and ye... Matt did a GREAT job

BUY ITTTTTT

BUY BUY BUY BUY. "

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 am 
Penguin

New review in and more to come soon:

Unbelievable
Reviewed by Will Eckert on Jan 26, 2010

"At first i thought this would maybe be a disappointing trick but i bought it anyway. Once i watched the video i was amazed. at first i thought i was being ripped off but after i practiced it a couple times i was preforming it perfectly. Amazing trick and they don't lie. There are no strings, magnets, blowing, and no gimmick to be made. Just completely unbelievable."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 pm 
Penguin

This is a great story from someone who bought SPIN! -Matt Sconce

"At work the other day there was a new woman in the office. We sat down for a meeting with several others. I had seen the woman and spoken to her a few times and wanted to get to know her. Before the meeting got into full swing I asked her if she was intuitive or psychic. She didn't seem to think so. I told her I was getting a 'vibe' from her and would she mind trying something with me. I got ready and placed my pen on the curved top of the teleconference phone. I took her hand in mine (grin) and asked her to use the power of her mind and spirit (it didn't sound that corny then). I guided her hand toward the pen, but paused for a second to get everyones attention. Then slowly moved our hands, with my other hand playing the opposite side of the pen for effect. The pen slowly began to move, then jumped off the phone. She jerked her hand back and let out a little gasp. "How did you do that"? I told her she did it, I was just the conduit.

The effect was great, but it backfired on me. I think I creeped her out.

I really like Spin, see me grin."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 pm 
Penguin

Hello everyone, this will hopefully help you with performance questions you may have and show the impromptu nature of SPIN. I was NOT prepared to do magic when I went into the bank and took nothing with me, so when the opportunity arose, I needed something impromptu and powerful. I chose SPIN.

I was recently in the bank, opening a new checking account when the lady behind the desk commented about my business-Magician and Filmmaker. I picked up her pen and asked her if I could use her computer mouse. (It was then I prepared the pen) I then set the pen down on her mouse and told her to watch carefully. I pressed my hands toward the pen and slowly, slowly it begin to move. It picked up speed, whipping around through a complete 360 degree revolution then another 180 before falling onto the desk next to her. She stared at me with an amazed and creeped out stare. "How did you do that?" She exclaimed. "Let me see your hands!" I of course showed her my hands, and my sleeves had been rolled up already. She stared for a moment then said..."Wow..I am totally freaked out." I smiled and thanked her for opening our account then my wife, two year old baby girl and I walked out, leaving a speechless and entertained bank employee in our wake. I love this effect.

If you are having any trouble getting the results you see on the DVD please send me a PM. I begin chapter three discussing a surface that will not work with SPIN. Please include that surface in your PM and I will send you the SPIN troubleshooting guide. Most people have had no issue getting SPIN to work powerfully, but for the few who have, the guide has helped them greatly. Best wishes!
-Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 pm 
born to perform.

-Can this trick be performed naked?
-How are the angles?
-What are the limitations for the object that is used as a base for the spinning object?
-Seriously now, is it one of these tricks that some people will easily figure out when they see it in real life?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 pm 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
-How are the angles?
-What are the limitations for the object that is used as a base for the spinning object?
-Seriously now, is it one of these tricks that some people will easily figure out when they see it in real life?

-Yes, it can be performed naked...although I don't recommend it due to frightening audiences away or ending up in jail. :D
-No angle limitations at ALL
-Must be a smooth surface to set object on...convex is best.
-All tricks have the capability for people to know the method, but I have never had that problem with SPIN. It is all about how You as a performer present it. In all the reviews I have received and stories I have heard discovery of method has never been an issue.

Have fun and best wishes!

Here are some thing people are spinning that rock.

Credit cards

Bic Lighters

all the things I spin in the video.

A hammer...yep, you can SPIN a hammer. -Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:43 pm 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
-How are the angles?

I just downloaded it today and I can't wait to try it. It can definitely be performed naked and it's angle-proof. As impossible as it sounds, all you need is the right object to spin and the right surface, neither of which is so limited that it's impractical in the slightest. You'll definitely use this idea. As far as the limitations on the surface, really all you're looking for is something smooth and preferably slightly convexed. All you want is something that will easily facilitate the spinning of the object. That's all there is to it. I haven't performed it in real life yet, but I don't see this as being something people will easily guess.

EDIT: Well d@mn... Matt already beat me to it lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next