View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spin | Matt Sconce
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm 
born to perform.

Can you spin heavy stuff?
I want to spin my gun, is it possible?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 pm 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
Can you spin heavy stuff?
I want to spin my gun, is it possible?

I do not believe you can SPIN a gun. Some heavy objects can be spun like butcher knives and hammers but there are specific reasons. A gun will most likely not work. -Matt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks
I think I'll be getting this anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm 
Penguin

so thinking about buying this, but one question. I'm running low on the cash, so I would like to know if this trick is well worth the 25 bucks. i dont want it to be a trick that i say "great trick but not worth the money".
Also can my hands be like resting on the table while the object is spinning?
Thanks,
kev

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 pm 
Penguin

kev1215 wrote:
so thinking about buying this, but one question. I'm running low on the cash, so I would like to know if this trick is well worth the 25 bucks. i dont want it to be a trick that i say "great trick but not worth the money".
Thanks,
kev

Yeah, I think so but it depends on how much you'll use it I guess. I'm happy with it, but what you're asking is a matter of opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 am 
Penguin

kev1215 wrote:
Thanks,
kev

You cannot set your hands down on the table and then make the objects spin. They will need to be involved. After the object is spinning, I have set my hands down or taken them away completely from the situation, leaving the object spinning. Hope that helps. -Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 pm 
Penguin

Just bought the instant download of spin and I must say great pk effect! I already guessed the secret but was not sure how to perform it. I do believe it's a little pricey but still a great effect. Making a pen fly spin around without touching it scares people. But I have a problem maybe matt could help me with. I can't spin the VCR or the DVD case.
Teaching- 9/10
secret- 8/10
price- 6.8/10
reguardless how much the price is this is a great trick and I highly reccomend it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:52 am 
Penguin

Here is a post and a video of someone performing SPIN. -Matt Sconce

"Here is my performance of SPIN. I thought you guys might want to see this. For the the people who think you can't SPIN a butcher's knife, think again. I make one SPIN!

Like Matt said, you never come in contact with the object whatsoever. It's pure Psychokinetic Energy you exert. It's fantastic! Thanks Matt for your wonderful release!

Cheers,

Casey "

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:37 am 
born to perform.

I just have to say dont buy this trick. I want to have it all to myself. This is the best thing I bought in all of 2009 and so far 2010. If I could vote for best trick of the year this would be it. Matt I wish you best of luck with this. Some people ask how can there be no gimmick? Well theres not. You dont have to carry a thing to do this trick. Just walk up grap a pin are what ever and a bottle and let it spin. I did this in the bar and I was a hit. Cant wait for Matt to come out with more PK magic, Love you work Matt.

Thanks.
Lance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 am 
born to perform.

That knife spin is nice!!

I still haven't purchased this yet...but it's on my list. I'm saving most of my money right now for a trip...but when I get back.

Man, I've got too many things I want to buy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm 
Penguin

Speaking of knife spin, here is a story from two days ago when I performed at a birthday party.

I was at a birthday party the other day and there was a very long and large cutting knife. I picked it up, prepared it, then called everyone's attention to it as I set it on top of a smooth surface (Large sparkling water bottle with metal cap)
I used the force start and slowly...slowly, the knife began to move. It built up speed and after several rotations, I dropped my hands to my side as the knife continued to spin through 2 more revolutions with my hands nowhere near it. That is what you can do when you use the force start, move larger items, and set them free. Practice it until you believe it yourself, then you are ready to perform it. -Matt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:34 pm 
Penguin

Why isn't there a discussion forum for this trick? I have questions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 am 
Penguin

kehmesis wrote:
Why isn't there a discussion forum for this trick? I have questions.

Until they create one, you can PM me and I will answer any questions that I can. -Matt Sconce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:08 pm 
Penguin

At first I couldn't get anything to spin due to a particular aspect of my person and using less than perfect mediums (the object on which the spinning occurs). You can't spin a pen in a puddle of mud, for instance. (Just to give an obvious example why can't spin objects on everything.)

I can't say more, really, other than there are easy ways around it. So I thought I was being ripped off and as much as I wanted to believe things could really move that way, I started being pretty skeptic. After figuring out my "problem", the darn pen moved and I litterally scared myself off. My reaction was litterally: "OH MY ****** GOD IT MOVED!"

That's how cool the trick is. It's just... real.

Now, I'm moving all kinds of stuff around, it's just so darn fun I can't stop myself. If you're slightly imaginative, there's a ton of cool stuff you can do with this.

As for the skills involved in performing the effect, I'd say it's extremely easy. In certain conditions, however, you could be needing some sort of basic misdirection skills. But they are way easier than almost every slights of hand you have learnt in the past. This trick is darn easy if you hold back (ie: use pens and bottles). For major effects, it does need some practice. But for a simple pen on a bottle of beer, for instance, the only practice needed is if you need the pen to spin really fast for an extended period of time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:58 am 
Penguin

Hey there! Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying SPIN!
Here is a great recent comment about SPIN. It made my day. Enjoy! -Matt Sconce

Quote:
I have to say that of all the effects and tricks I know, Spin constantly gets me the best reactions. Specs who see me perform all the time constantly say something along the lines of "that last trick you did was amazing, but I just know there is something sneaky I'm not seeing. But THIS one (Spin) is real magic. You are a real magician." I even had someone ask me if I had a spirit helper! And the best part of Spin is, it is totally impromptu. It can be done just about anywhere in any situation. I love it. I've said it before and I'll say it again....thanks Matt for this one...it's fantastic! -Jeffy225

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next