View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stealth Pen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:35 pm 
Penguin

It's amazing how much I've used this thing. I perform more than anything else I do. And the best part is that it really doesn't appear to be an effect until you restore the bill.

First, the DVD is very comprehensive and covers every aspect of the stealth pen: It's history, workings, penetrations, restorations, outs, etc. There's also Oz's routine which is just fantastic. At the end of the DVD, there are about 5 full, uncut performances of Oz blowing people away with this routine. The whole thing is packaged in a very cool looking, thick DVD case that houses the pens.

The basic effect itself is fairly easy to get down. Also, audience response on this thing is incredible. The fact that it's THEIR money makes the effect so much more shocking. The expressions you'll get from the ripping sequence are just priceless, especially when you reveal that the bill is restored. And, if you're worried about people questioning the pen, DON'T. Almost every time I've done this, people just want to see their dollar. If they do ask for the pen, there's an incredibly easy way to clean up naturally and hand it out to be examined.

Others have mentioned quality was an issue. This was one of the things I was worried about. The pens aren't fine writing instruments but they're pretty decent quality and hold up well. They look like normal, everyday BIC pens. The gimmick also works great and I love the idea behind it. It allows you to perform the illusion super close-up to people while still looking legitimate.

One evening, I left the pen in "writable-mode" on the coffee table while some people were over. Someone even picked up the pen and used it to write down a phone number without noticing a thing (like they should. the pen looks completely normal). Then someone mentioned if anyone had seen the new bills. I immediately thought to myself "Yes! Perfect performance opportunity!". He took out his own bill to show everyone. I now had the perfect situation to perform so I started saying how apparently there's this new security feature that is only found on the newer bills. I asked if anyone had a pen. "Here's one!". Perfect. Threw in some more patter and BAM pen was through the dollar. Got a few "Hey!" 's and "Wow that's nice of you" 's. The illusion is completely convincing. As magicians, we tend to think this is an impressive part of the effect. It's not. At this point, the audience believes that you actually stabbed their bill and will probably pretty confused or pissed off. I got a bunch of gasps when I ripped out the pen and restored it. They grabbed at the bill amazed and confused without even asking for the pen. I cleaned up the pen and set it down but no one even asked to see it. Everyone was talking about it the whole night.
I love this so much because of how practical it is and how easy it is to do at the drop of a hat. I bring it EVERYWHERE and have gotten so much mileage out of it.

Overall, if you don't buy this for the steal of a price that it is, you're missing out. So do yourself a favor, stop reconsidering, debating, and changing your mind and buy the d@mn thing already.

Plus the whole package is only $15 right now:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1881

Questions and concerns welcome

Post subject: Re: Stealth Pen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm 
Penguin

what is the difference between theThe B-2 Bomber www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=754

Pen Through Dollar http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=37

The Deluxe Pen Through Dollar http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=452

The Stealth Pen (TOP SECRET SPECIAL) http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=504

and

The Stealth Pen (AKA The Street Pen Thru Dollar) http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=481

are they just the same with differents pens or do each of them do something different

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:11 pm 
Penguin

Quote:

This pen was also included with the Stealth Pen in the DVD package. It's not my favorite and I'm pretty much just using the Stealth Pen now. The B2 has a stronger and larger gimmick and the tip goes in further. I've performed both for spectators and it really doesn't make a difference (reaction-wise). Also, the cap can become loose and fly off mid-stab, the pen looks a little unique, and you cannot replace the ink cartridge. My pen doesn't even write. I wouldn't call it BAD but I prefer the Stealth Pen by a long shot.

Quote:

Quote:

These two use the same principle and gimmick. I do not own either so I can't comment. I think I read somewhere that they can't by examined like the Stealth Pen or B2 can but I might be wrong.

Quote:
The Stealth Pen (AKA The Street Pen Thru Dollar) http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=481

The original pen that is included with the DVD package (along with the B2 Bomber)

Quote:
The Stealth Pen (TOP SECRET SPECIAL) http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=504

The EXACT same pen for $5 cheaper.

So yeah, they all use the same type of gimmick but are all slightly different whether it be the quality or the appearance of the pen.

Hope that helps. If it were me, I'd go with the Stealth Pen. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 pm 
born to perform.

I like the Stealth Pen quite a bit.

I also like the actual BUILD of the B-2 quite a bit. I wish that the Stealth Pen used one single design mechanic of the B-2...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:48 am 
Penguin

watch stealth pen it was great pen through dollar through is great. i recommend it perfect street trick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 pm 
Penguin

so wait, ur saying if i buy the stealth pen package (14.95) i will get the b-2 bomber too.
great review by the way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

kev1215 wrote:
so wait, ur saying if i buy the stealth pen package (14.95) i will get the b-2 bomber too.
great review by the way

No. That gets you the stealth pen. If you get the Stealth DVD with Oz Pearlman you will get one of each.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1883
This is the Stealth DVD that comes with two pens.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=481
This one is just the stealth pen plus an instant download.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=504
This one appears to be just the pen with no instructions...probably geared for those who know the effect and just need a replacement pen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 am 
Penguin

Yes, the first link in the above post leads you to the 'DVD Download + Equipment' for $25. The 'DVD + Equipment' is only $15 right now even though it says the promotion is only for today. It's been like that for a about a month. Both come with a Stealth Pen and the B2 Bomber. You might as well get the physical DVD because it comes with the same stuff and it's dirt cheap right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm 
Penguin

it is two stealth pen's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 pm 
Penguin

What about the "new" stealth pen?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:57 pm 
Penguin

The "new" stealth pen is, as far as I know, very similar if not exactly the same as the B2 Bomber. As I said in the review, I prefer the regular stealth pen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:21 pm 
born to perform.

CC928 wrote:
The "new" stealth pen is, as far as I know, very similar if not exactly the same as the B2 Bomber. As I said in the review, I prefer the regular stealth pen.

I tend to agree with you on the point about the similarity of the new one and the B2. I don't HAVE a B2, but every picture that I've seen of it seems to be exactly the same as the new stealth pen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 am 
Penguin

Ok, I'm still trying to decide in getting this trick or not. How about the angle when piercing the note/bill?

And in the package there are two pens, are they the same pen or different? I read some review of the product's webpage and some people said the second pen is actually not that great, even it looks fake.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 am 
born to perform.

There should be two different pens...the old style and the new one.

The new pen does NOT look fake.

I think that the people that say that simply have never been around anything that's not a Bic pen.

It's thicker than a Bic pen and looks more like it would be in an accountant's office or a law firm than in a school or a bank or something.

In fact, the pen that I generally carry with me at work looks virtually identical to the "new" pen...and that's a $30 pen that I'm carrying. And the only reason I'm carrying a $30 pen around right now is because the $100+ pen that I had been carrying got taken by a customer at my work. Never again will I let someone "borrow" a pen, but that's another story.

So no, the pen doesn't look fake. Does it look like an everyday pen that you see Joe Blow taking orders at Applebee's with?? No. Does it look like a pen?? Absolutely.

Maybe it's just me, but I really like high end pens. I can't stand cheap pens that you buy in packages of 30 or whatever. Maybe that's the reason that the "new" pen looks normal to me...but I just really can't see how someone would say that it doesn't look like a pen. If it doesn't look like a pen, then what DOES it look like??

Now that I've gotten that out of the way... :lol:

The new pen does carry a bit more angle issues with it because of the way it works as opposed to the old pen. I can't really go into much more without starting to tip the method, but yes, the new pen does require a bit more angle control.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 am 
Penguin

So let me get this right, the new pen needs some angle control, how about the old style?