View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:20 pm 
Penguin

customer service said they fixed it but its not fixed ill try emailing acar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 pm 
Penguin

I have been wanting to purchase this effect ever since I received an e-mail from his mailing list about 1-2 months ago. Your review, although very brief, did answer a couple of my questions, but I think I will wait just a couple more months before finally purchasing it. The real reason behind this is because of all the 2.0 versions that have been coming out lately with a lot of effects that I buy right away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:17 pm 
Penguin

I got mojo recently and i am overall very pleased with it. I dont see how it could be upgraded unless its a handling change. I would say get it, you will be happy. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 pm 
Penguin

Received Mojoe yesterday, and examined the effect. Great method, and well-explained. It looks viable, though I have not had much of a chance to work with it. What I DID find was that you'll need to be careful of the coffee "talking." Interestingly enough, when I wrote to JK magic about using slush powder (instead of cocktail napkins), they said no one there had tried that yet. Weird. I'm posting this here, because evidently no forum in the PenguinsOnly section yet exists for this effect. I'm looking forward to showing this, once I've got the details smoothed out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 pm 
Penguin

just to tell you the truth man why waste the slush powder when your tossing out the cup anyway , after you crush the cup the non slush is fine , i have to avoid exposing but yeah dont waste your slush powder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 am 
Penguin

Thanks for the input, Mr. Lard. Yes, that's an interesting point. I will likely experiment with both, and possibly a combination of the two, dependent on which of the described presentations I decide to use, and how much coffee is required for a give size of container. Lots of variables here. The thing is, I don't want coffee dribbling out all over my hands, if I can avoid it.
Now, which magic shop carries the two cute Asian girls? I'll need some of those for my act. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 am 
Penguin

i never tried it yet mine will arrive tomorrow my homie showed me it tho , just like i dunno i know slush powder is safer but best thing to do is some trial and error above a kitchen sink with some water
test out the average ammount of liquid vs ammount of " secret " needs to cover the ammount of liquid , i really cant explain without exposing , so hard to chat on here man i hope you know what i mean , just play with it at a kitchen sink and get a feel for it plus give it 5 seconds and move it around before you flip the cup over

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:00 am 
Penguin

Gotcha. Enough said. Maybe too much already.
As with any good magical effect, lots of development, trial, error, PRACTICE, blood, sweat and tears should go into it before marching out to your local coffee shop and making the young asian girls jump and scream.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:02 am 
Penguin

yeah , i gottawatch the mail today i better get it or ill be mad haha i hope liquify by rich sanders is good too

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:57 am 
Penguin

ok so i think i might as well review mojoe thru my views and feelings , overalli rate this effect 8 stars but thats only because of 2 things and im gonna get them off my chest now , lets say if you use pop and root beer is a good example , the bubbles that usually sit around in the cup can be a problem in brightly lit area it can make something obvious , other than that its no problem with a lil motion , and the other reason it lost a point is because sometimes i feel with the coffee vanish with the napkin i find it hard to use less coffee/pop and i dunno im weird but id like to have less in the cup in the end.

now the reasons that this trick is crazy awesome and worth every penny .

the idea of having someone take a cup of coffee and vanishing the liquid is just impossible and in the spectators mind they think ok a coin is one solid object to vanish its cool still a small vanish and it prob went somewhere , or a silk vanish , its cool but silks are pretty random , but a cup of coffee and in their mind your vanishing all those drops of liquid and there is nowhere for each drop to go but nowhere , and even if there is a little left they still cannot make sense of where the rest of it goes . its just simply the best vanish you can carry with you liquid is an impossible thing in general to vanish . i hope this makes sense to you all anyway now to review all the different variations.

the demo version aka crushed cup

ok this is the one that we watched , been wow'd , watched again , placed an order and waited for , this version is great but not the best the cup is not examinable altho in the spectators mind they are not interested in examining the cup and you also have to make sure you do a ditch move before you trash the cup , there is always the chance you come across a heckler or one of those loud mouth spectators who go on oh he tossed away the cup were not allowed to look , to prevent this if your unsure about someone do another trick to test how they react and once they beleive you and what you do then strike them with mojoe , you can tell by looking at some people if their worth the effect or not , if you come across someone who is persistant in being guessy or just looks fishy just save your coffee for someone else they dont know your out performing mojoe and if they do someone has been snooping thru your mail haha. the crushing of the cup is the highlight of this trick even if your spreading your fingers out or moving your hand away while the cup is upside down they think your just keeping the liquid inside but once you crush it they know right then and there that coffee is never coming back , this is a trick that gets a great reaction if performed fast , but if you play it out a bit and build suspense till you flip over the cup then they will have a better reaction so my advice take your time even make them wait while you have your hand over the cup then in a fast motion flip it over and crush it , so sudden so shocking. this version i rate 3.5/5 compared to other versions.

the coffee vanish aka napkin vanish

this is just great place a napkin over a full cup of coffee and then take it away to show its almost completely empty , i am not gonna say too much about this version i dont need to , the napkin can be shown freely on both sides before and if your a quick thinker or a real magician it can be showen or instantly handed out after the effect , the fact that they can keep the cup , its examinable , and they actually see the coffee vanish is just the way it should be , usually there is a little bit of coffee left in the cup but still its mysterious where the other 95% of the coffee went . either way this version is epic and will prob be the favorite of many mojoe users. i rate this one 4.5/5

the coffee to beans ( or anything you want )

ok so the review is the same as the vanish but instead of an empty cup you have a cup full of anything you want , and if there was a little coffee left over it cant be seen , this one is just a straight up 5/5 with no flaws in my mind.

the bag version

dull as it sounds it shares the same crushed effectas the demo version but with one key point , this makes a mysterious souvenior at the end and yes examinable 100% at the end , i have yet to try this one but its my second favorite version im gonna try it tomorrow, the effect you place the full cup of coffee into a brown paper bag , then you take out your napkin and what i like to do is wipe my mouth off after taking a drink close over the opening of the bag and crush it and let the spectators keep it , the reaction is good plus they will want to search the bagto find nothing but an empty cup . very cool and definately better than the demo crushed cup, i rate it 4/5.

final thoughts

worth the money , gimmick will last 50 years easily , terrific effect , its a must buy , dvd quality is great also . i am going to review liquify tomorrow so look out for that.

hope you's like my little review

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:03 am 
Penguin

when i say im doin the bag version tomorrow i mean outside the home , i did it once at home hence the fact i got a reaction