View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 4
MOJOE - John Kennedy

Effect: Coffee vanishes from its cup.

Price: $59.95

Teaching: John explains things very clearly...if not corny.

Quality of materials: Gimmick is very well built, will last for years.

Difficulty: ANYONE can do this effect.

Applications: This would be a great "impromptu" effect when hanging out with friends or maybe a street performer could make some use of it. Application to stage or walk-a-round not feasible.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Glad to be the first reviewer! Simple, direct and quite baffling. Yeah sure, we all had ideas on how we thought it was accomplished prior to receiving our plain brown package...and most of us were dead on. Leave it to John to create something we all wish we had created. Worth the sticker price? Yes. Will I use it? Sure, the novelty alone will make me start hanging out in coffee shops more. Should you get it? Yes. For all of the "move monkeys" and "edgy" street performers (no offense intended) out there, this will show you that most times "the simpler, the better" is the right choice.

By the way, best line of the DVD..."all you have to do is carry a bag of coffee beans in your pocket..."!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 79
is there set up, and can it be done infront of spectators?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:24 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 4
Set up takes 10 seconds.

Set up cannot be done in front of spectators.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 2479
Location: Jackson, Michigan
This one is definitely on my list of effects to get...but I'm going to have to wait for a few weeks.

Right now I'm saving all of the money I can for a trip to Vegas. I'd like to be able to mindlessly spend for four nights without worrying about it.

When I get back though, this one will be on it's way to my house soon!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 am 
User avatar
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 5237
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Wish you would of wrote more on if it is angly, restrictions etc. For example, why would one not want to perform this in a walk around setting if you have access to cups of liquid?? Why not perform this on stage??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:08 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 Oct 2002
Posts: 65
I've seen reported elsewheree issues on noise and the device not fitting standard styrofoam cups. what's your experience?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 891
Magicfungi wrote:
MOJOE - John Kennedy

Effect: Coffee vanishes from its cup.

Price: $59.95

Teaching: John explains things very clearly...if not corny.

Quality of materials: Gimmick is very well built, will last for years.

Difficulty: ANYONE can do this effect.

Applications: This would be a great "impromptu" effect when hanging out with friends or maybe a street performer could make some use of it. Application to stage or walk-a-round not feasible.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Glad to be the first reviewer! Simple, direct and quite baffling. Yeah sure, we all had ideas on how we thought it was accomplished prior to receiving our plain brown package...and most of us were dead on. Leave it to John to create something we all wish we had created. Worth the sticker price? Yes. Will I use it? Sure, the novelty alone will make me start hanging out in coffee shops more. Should you get it? Yes. For all of the "move monkeys" and "edgy" street performers (no offense intended) out there, this will show you that most times "the simpler, the better" is the right choice.

By the way, best line of the DVD..."all you have to do is carry a bag of coffee beans in your pocket..."!


stage or walk-a-round not feasible??? WoW do you even have this? You so can walk around with this. And you can also do this on stage if you like. There are alot of reviews on the magic cafe alot better than this one. they will anwser all your questions. I dont do reviews but this review is way off. John has hit a home run with MOjoe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 79
do i have to waist a cup of coffee every time i do this? if this is exposure then don't answer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 891
no you do not have to waste a cup of anything. Great trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 2479
Location: Jackson, Michigan
I have heard that walk around works just fine with it. You might not want to crush the cup every time, but it works fine if you just work the routine out for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:51 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 4
aces_up_41 wrote:

stage or walk-a-round not feasible??? WoW do you even have this? You so can walk around with this. And you can also do this on stage if you like. There are alot of reviews on the magic cafe alot better than this one. they will anwser all your questions. I dont do reviews but this review is way off. John has hit a home run with MOjoe.


I am speaking from a working standpoint. Yes, you can carry this in your pocket and set up rather quickly. However, I very rarely find disposable cups at the walk-a-round events I do and having it preset in a traditional coffee cup just so I could "happen upon it" would leave one to worry. They tend to bus those events on a quick and regular basis. Also, this effect is so powerful if I did choose to perform it walk-a-round, I would not do it more than once. As far as stage is concerned...why would anyone walk on stage with a cup of coffee unless your speaking at an AA meeting? Not to mention the fact that this effect is best presented within arms reach of the viewer, unless of course you are going to walk up to EVERY audience member and show them liquid in the cup.

Yes, John has hit a home run with MOJOE, undoubtedly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 420
Location: Sydney Mines , Nova Scotia , Canada
i just ordered mojoe along with richard sanders liquify , hopefully liquify is better than that watermark trick , and yeah i got high hopes for mojoe since im around an unnecessary amount of coffee every day. i got a question for the crushed cup method after you crush the cup is the gimmick easy to ditch even if i turned my back to " garbage it " or is it something i would just have to hope nobody examines ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Posts: 3251
Location: of my spongeballs eludes me.
If you can name a magician who does card tricks on stage with regular size decks then you know MOJOE can also be done effectively on stage.

Don't tell me you haven't seen the milk poured in to the newspaper trick...HELLO?!!

Potentially this effect could be set-up in advance to do four performances... Think four cup to go carrier.
Convenient? No, but one could have a trusting barrista or bartender place the set-ups aside so that one doesn't need to keep going to the bathroom or their car.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 420
Location: Sydney Mines , Nova Scotia , Canada
ok guys i got a really bad problem and penguin failed to fix it the first time but i ordered mojoe and it shipped yesterday so why is it that the fourm for it doesn't show up in my penguins only list but in the my penguin magic section where you can watch instant downloads and stuff i can click it there but when i do click it it says the page/fourm you selected does not exist , are you guys having problems with the fourms too ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOJOE - John Kennedy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
fatlard_kfc wrote:
ok guys i got a really bad problem and penguin failed to fix it the first time but i ordered mojoe and it shipped yesterday so why is it that the fourm for it doesn't show up in my penguins only list but in the my penguin magic section where you can watch instant downloads and stuff i can click it there but when i do click it it says the page/fourm you selected does not exist , are you guys having problems with the fourms too ?


You've been here since '05, you should know where to properly ask that question. Email Penguin or PM Acar.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.