View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dancing Cane By Uday
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:56 am 
born to perform.

before i purchased this, i was worried because i could find no reviews, i don't want others to have this trouble.:)
TITLE and Creator: Dancing Cane By Uday

Effect: A cane rises at your command and dances around your body.

Price: for 9 dollars, i was quite impressed!

Teaching: all that came with it was a little piece of paper explaining like 2 moves, so the teaching is poor.

Quality of materials(if it is a gimmik etc): good quality, the only trouble i had was getting the two pieces together, and some of the shiny stuff came off, but for nine dollars, it is pretty good!

Difficulty: Somewhat hard to keep it balanced at first, but after a few hours practice it comes naturally.

Applications: I don't currently have a stage show, but when i get one, this will definately be in it.
Overall Rating: 8/10, good, but could definately be better, for nine dollars though it's great!

Post subject: Re: Dancing Cane By Uday
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm 
born to perform.

Cool.

I like some of the cane magic that is out there. I'll have to try to find a video showing the effect for this one. I wish that it had a demo on the Penguin product page!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm 
Penguin

lots on youtube , i was gonna order this exact cane 3 months ago but i did not , my question is tho is anything visible if you know what i mean cause id like to do this while casually walking down the street or maybe at a close up stage show like a crowd of 50 people .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 pm 
born to perform.

fatlard_kfc wrote:
lots on youtube , i was gonna order this exact cane 3 months ago but i did not , my question is tho is anything visible if you know what i mean cause id like to do this while casually walking down the street or maybe at a close up stage show like a crowd of 50 people .

the method is DEFINATELY not okay for streets, and i would only do it on stage if i had control of the lighting and background.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:18 am 
Penguin

Jeff McBride has done dancing cane stuff on the streets of Vegas but I think it would be a very quick effect rather than a full routine, a single spin maybe. But if anyone can get away with that sort of thing, it's McBride.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

I saw a very good, local magician do the dancing cane for the opener of his stage show for a cub scout banquet that I hired him for. All I have to say is have someone with you who can check the lighting before hand. The gimmick was painfully obvious in the stage lighting and several of the kids were blurting out that they could see it. Not a good way to open a show.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:40 am 
born to perform.

tbwendt wrote:
I saw a very good, local magician do the dancing cane for the opener of his stage show for a cub scout banquet that I hired him for. All I have to say is have someone with you who can check the lighting before hand. The gimmick was painfully obvious in the stage lighting and several of the kids were blurting out that they could see it. Not a good way to open a show.

Yikes.

You'd think that if he had the effect he would have known to check on something like that.