View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Semi - Disc :: Michael Stern
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 am 
Penguin

http://sternmagic.com/
Semi-Disc
By
Michael Stern

This DVD has so many great ideas.

I am going to review my favorite effects and ideas on the DVD:

PMS Long Version :
This effect is a very nice sandwich routine :
2 Kings in the most fairest of ways finds your selection, then the kings are lost in the deck and the selction instantly finds the kings. The the selection turns into the other 2 kings, then all 4 kings with just a snap cleanly turn right into the selection, leaving you absolutely clean.
This is a very nice sandwich effect, I don't do the long version though I do the short version which is also on the DVD.

Focusing your deck:
A very nice inversion routine, with spectacular presentation / patter idea.
This is a very nice routine in which you learn a very nice way to flip over a card while it is in the center of the deck, he goes over this very quickly but can still understand what to do. It is old move but one I have never seen.

Itskm Control:
This is a very nice fair and clean control, that is fairly easy.
It stands for: In The Spread Kam Move. It is a very nice control to the top but definately has some agle problems for that reason you must practice this move much.

About the DVD :

Quality:
The quality of the DVD is very good, not T11 quality but still very good.

Teaching:
The teaching in the DVD is pretty good, he does not go over anything fast, and has multiple angles for even better instructions.

Live Performances:
These are a blast to watch, great job Michael on adding some performaces in their. These really help you in learning the effect so how everything works in real time.

DVD case:
The DVD case is very cool and simple looking which I love. I also love the elegant look to the box and the name of the DVD Semi - Disc.

Overall :
Great job on making this Michael!

Recommend:
I recommend, this for an intermediate or higher card handler, if you are a begginner you will have a tough time with this, but it all depends on how much you practice.

Price:
20$ should have been priced higher in my opinion so much great information. PMS was worth the price of the DVD alone.

Link: www.sternmagic.com
Direct Link: http://www.sternmagic.com/semidisc.html
Once again, great job Michael, can't wait to see more stuff from you in the future, especially your DPS ideas!

Post subject: Re: Semi - Disc :: Michael Stern
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am 
born to perform.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for posting detailed reviews... I've noticed that you have posted several already in such a short amount of time so its nice to see that these are helpful. We've had some people in the past post like 30 reviews without really taking the time to explain whats going on.

Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Re: Semi - Disc :: Michael Stern
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:47 am 
Penguin

No problem have nothing to do so just trying to write a ton of reviews right now.