View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Smile by Justin Miller
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:30 am 
born to perform.

Smile by Justin Miller:

Effect:
A card is selected and lost in the deck. You find the wrong card and take a photo of the spectator holding this incorrect card on your cell phone or theirs, you then turn this wrong card into their selection visually! If that wasn't enough, the card on the cell phone then changes to the right card as well... And yes, they are holding the card in the picture!

Price: Was 10 dollars at Wtfnolimits but Justin Miller and B. Smith are going over some legal troubles so Justin's material was removed from the site. You can purchase it here though. http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p3576/Smile_ ... _info.html

Thoughts: This is a amazing go to effect. This effect uses an object that is so personal to a person. It literally can be done anywhere. Not in a wet area of course, you know what I mean. You can borrow a phone or use your own. I would suggest using a borrowed phone so you can have the spectator keep the photo on their phone as a take home souvenir.
Teaching: Justin's teaching is superb. He gives you optional handlings for the effect. So whether you are advanced or a beginner you can still perform this effect with the same impact.

Difficulty: Being into magic off and on for four years, and now seriously for four. The sleights are a walk in the park if you know your way around cards. I'd give this a 2/5 because it is not self working but you need to know some sleight of hand. And if you don't know sleight of hand Justin will teach you :D I believe this to be an audience management effect, you need to learn to control your audience

Applications: This could be a good opener or closer, or an in between effect. I know so many transposition effects but this one cuts the cake for whenever I'm not setup for a 2 card transposition. It uses their own phone! That's why this effect is so good, impromptu, from a shuffled deck, no gimmicks, just pure magic.

Overall Rating: 9/10 The only reason I take a point off is because it's not perfect. You need to take care of your angles and make sure your audience is where they need to be, which is pretty easy to do. Just be careful. I love this effect and it's something I will use for the rest of my life. Making this effect priceless.