View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Modosu by Sean Scott
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:44 am 
born to perform.

Modosu by Sean Scott

Effect: A magician picks up a crushed can, the spectator signs the top of the can. The magician proceeds step on the can and when the foot is lifted the can restored with the signature still on the can. The signature is wiped away and can be consumed

Price: $60
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... p?ID=11932

Teaching: The DVD comes in a cheap sleeve. Sean is a brilliant thinker and I can't believe I have a product like this. The gimmick is amazing as well is the method. The DVD covers construction and performance.

Quality of materials: You can't break this stuff. I say Impossible. The gimmick is a DIY but the main gimmick is supplied and you may need something else that may be laying in your tool box.

Difficulty: This is not difficult at all. After the setup and construction this effect is self working. 1/5 for being self working

Applications: This is an effect not for everybody. Yes you do need to be wearing pants of course and you do not need special shoes..but you do need shoes. You could play this off as reversing time|going back to a moment in time. It's quick visual and organic magic.

Overall: 8/10; It's not perfect there are a couple bad angles. Best to do this about 10 feet away. But this is visual in your face street magic.

You need pants and shoes
Kind of bulky
Comfortable
Signed crushed can
Signed restored Can
Visual

Questions?

Post subject: Re: Modosu by Sean Scott
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

This is the first interview that I have seen. This interested me when I first saw it come out. This is the only other performance that I saw from someone other than the creator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8wXjQf2_GA

I might get this eventually and try it out. I don't label effects impractical easily, which is why I wrote my essay "Practical VS Impractical" as I feel that many magicians are simply too lazy to do the work. Although some effects may be difficult to pull off in certain venues and some do have limitations. But some of the best effects out there take a lot preparation, and another bonus is that usually you will be the only magician doing them. So yeah I may get this sometime and see if I can make it work. The signed lid is killer.