View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coin Bender tool - Trick :: Review
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 pm 
Penguin

Hi all!

As a working magician, I use coin-bends a lot. I have experimented with various coin-bends such as the Quantum Bender and the Superman Coin bend, though, by far, I think that this SL (Steve Lancaster) coin-bending tool is the best.

Why?

Well, it is simply a tool that bends coins for you. Not a gimmick that you have during a performance that bends the coin during the performance, but a tool (like pliers) that bends a coin before your performance.

Then, all you have to do is a false transfer of some sort, and work on presentation a lot (the most important part of the magic!) and you have a great effect!

I'd definitely rate this a 10/10, because it is so practical, and I can carry around many bent coins on me at a time.

For example, yesterday, I was at the grocery store, and waiting in a long line. So- what better a time/place to try some organic magic! So I casually asked the man behind me for a quarter, switched it with a bent quarter via a false transfer, and told him to hold it. I told him to imagine it was like a chocolate coin, melting... and then he opened his hand. He freaked out!!!

It was insane.

I guess the reason I like this bender so much is because of it's organic nature. There is no need to worry about a gimmick falling off you or anything, as the coin is already bent!

For those of you in working situations, or for you people who just love performing organic little miracles, this is a perfect tool for you! And it's very well made- it won't ever break!

Highly recommended!

Post subject: Re: Coin Bender tool - Trick :: Review
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

A vice, like you get at Home Depot, works just as well and does other things too.
No need to spend extra money on something designed to bend coins alone, its a waste of money, a single tasker.
If you're not goin to bend it in front of them, get a vice.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1 ... ogId=10053

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:30 am 
born to perform.

Get the absolute coin bender dvd. It is cheaper to make than what both of you have suggested to pre-bend coins.

-Ari

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:31 am 
Penguin

afelbs wrote:
Get the absolute coin bender dvd. It is cheaper to make than what both of you have suggested to pre-bend coins.

-Ari

Is the Absolute Coin Bender even worth purchasing? I've heard some say you should stay away from this, while others say it was ok.