View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: In Use and usable
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:28 pm 
born to perform.

Lance I haven't had enough free time to get this here...I will get it in early next week! Sorry for the delay I have been swamped at work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

Its all good. Dont hurry. I can wait. Work come first.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:42 pm 
born to perform.

I'd love to see a review of houdini on magic

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:31 am 
born to perform.

Bisection
Andrew Mayne (Booklet)

Find it here!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=500

This is a fun and relatively easy stage effect. It is great as the props are rather inexpensive. And it uses only one person, the magician. Essentially, the magician lifts a sheet over their head. When the sheet comes down there is merely a pair of pants standing there with NO torso. I purchased this on a whim having seen no video of it but having loved Andrew Maynes Shock FX DVD. I constructed the pieces with no problems. The ideas were well thought out. I will say that this is a stage effect and needs work to become angle proof. It also requires a lot of practice. It needs to flow nicely and the timing needs to be there or it can look very sloppy. You could not do this close up. It is in my parlour act. I do it in conjuction with a simple 2 rope tie around the waist that I have been since I was like 14. The two effects flow nicely together. This does not need to be in the context of another routine. It works very nice on it's own and it may work better that way in that it may give the audience time to register what happened. That would be the greatest fall of this effect. It is so weird and strange without good timing and a strong focused presentation. I initially presented this as a throw away in a part of a larger routine, but this caused confusion (wild levitation, bisection, full costume change). My new routine puts this in a 5 minute act as it's own effect. It is the after effect of the effect before it.

The booklet is easy to read, easy to follow and includes lots of pictures.

Overall

If you are looking for a stage effect that is impressive, fast fun and easy to learn I highly recommend Bisection. I also recommend this illusion for anyone who wants to make someone disappear or levitate; the effect is not quite the same but properly presented this hits just as hard is easy to do and does not rely on stage hands, assistants or volunteers. This is also great if you want to do a talking act or a silent act. it is very versatile.

It has been released on DVD. I do not have the DVD I have the booklet and the review is based on that.

Now on DVD:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S9116

I would have to think that the booklet would be easier to use for construction purposes. It would be like following the instructions for a piece of Ikea furniture.

Hope you found this review Helpful,
Adam

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 am 
born to perform.

Oh man just copied over my Dishonest Abe review. Man...