View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Queens out of Control (REVIEW)
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:52 pm 
Penguin

Title: Queens out of Control

Effect: The magician pulls out a 2 packets of cards and shows them to his audience. Each packet has 4 Queen of Hearts. After showing the first packet the magician places them face down. Then after showing the second packet he places one of the Queens from that packet face up beside the face down pile. He then explains just by taking a card from the face down pile and placing on on the packet in his hand and giving them a little shake, that all the cards in the packet will turn face down. He then puts the top card face down on the table. He then repeats it putting a face up card on the packet which makes all the Queens turn face up. He then puts the face up Queen on the pile of face up Queens. This continues until 2 Queens are left, leaving a pile of queens face up and 4 face down cards. Then the magician claims that real magic has twists, and turns over the face down packet to reveal that they are all Jokers. He starts laying them on the table for the spectator to see, when he gets to the last joker he waves it over the pile of Queens and turns it over to reveal that it is a queen as well. At this point the spectators will rush to see your cards, let them. For the backs of all the queens are different colors adding yet another twist.

I highly recommend you look at the trailer. I tried to explain it the best I could.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=793

Price (7/10):

$21.83
It is a little pricey for the effect, however this routine gets one of the best reactions out of my arsenal. I only gave this a 7, because it doesn't require to much teaching.

Teaching (7/10):
The teaching is pretty good. The whole effect consists of one basic sleight that even beginners can perform very well with no more than an hour of practice.

Quality (10/10):
The cards are very nice and even come in a packet to carry them around. However after performing for a while they will tend to stick together like any other cards. However, I emailed the manufacturer and told them that I would like to order a replacement set and I received them in 2 days free of charge which is very nice.

Setup: (1/10)
There is a setup required, but no gimmicks. It only takes less than 10 seconds and can be set up before performing. Which you should do anyways because this trick is killer, but I don't see why anyone would perform it twice in a row.

Difficulty: (2/10)
Like I said earlier, it only requires one basic sleight any magician knows.

Applications:(8/10)
This makes a great opener or closer. It can be incorporated into just about anything. Its a must have trick for any packet workers.

Overall Rating: (9/10)
A killer effect that people will remember you by. An effect with not only one but two very surprising twists is always a good pickup.

Definitely check this one out.