View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Draven Reviews: Liquid Metal by Morgan Strebler
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:35 pm 
Penguin

emanmagic2 wrote:
If your going to make a big thing out of doing these reviews, maybe you should review newer products that dont already have soooo many reviews.

Of course I plan on reviewing things that are newer releases. This is just the first of many to come! Stay tuned my friend because there is some exciting things coming this way. I've got deck reviews coming for D&D's Smoke and Mirrors v.4.0, a book called "Magic Matters", Shane Black's e-book "Conceptions", the stand alone effect "Antoninus Pius's Box", Tony Chris's two DVD production on bizarre magic called "Karnival of Magik", and much more! We are even working on deals right now with other magic companies and independent artists to be the first ones with a shot at seeing the material before anyone else does.

With that being said, if there is any product in specific, or a genre of products that you would like to see more reviews from then please contact me and let me know. I'll add it to my next month's list of things to look at.

Thanks,
William Draven

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 pm 
Penguin

emanmagic2 wrote:
If your going to make a big thing out of doing these reviews, maybe you should review newer products that dont already have soooo many reviews.

i'm pretty sure he's reviewing for the exo magic community.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:20 pm 
Penguin

Since it's been broached, I'll just post a follow up quote taken from todays WMFB at http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.com/
Quote:
I sure made a mistake by not fully researching the matter and letting my anger out too much. I am sorry for Wayne Phelps and wish my words could be unmade. I could delete them, but in the end I think it is better to have them there, so people can compare and see what kind of [edited] I am.

I am sorry, and I guess I learned my lesson too. I revoke Wayne Phelps titel. He is no longer a Weekly Magic Failure.

Now, lets focus on the product reviews.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:36 pm 
born to perform.

I have a casual interest in Bizarre Magic so the book "Karnival of Magick" would interest me...if your taking requests.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
I have a casual interest in Bizarre Magic so the book "Karnival of Magick" would interest me...if your taking requests.

Then you'll probably want to be around this Friday! Because I release my review on that DVD set at noon eastern time. My reviews will always post to Exomagic's review section in their forums first before they filter out from there.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm 
born to perform.

This seems like a lot of site promotion here. I'm not saying you should stop, and I'm not knocking you for it, but just know that people have had bad experiences with self-promotion here before. At least by mentioning the thing they're promoting like every time they post (not saying that you did that either). Hon Wong comes to mind... even Zanthor started some self promotion at the beginning... before he became a troll.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:51 pm 
Penguin

Yeah I don't want to promote myself, just the information gained from my exposure to them. Of course the initial release requires some shameless self plugging, but that comes with the territory. This shouldn't ever be about me or what I'm doing. It should be about the product that I'm reviewing and how good the product is, the value it offers the magic community, and how practical it is to the every day working magician.