View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card2Phone app my review
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:03 pm 
born to perform.

this is a review for the Card2Phone app on the iphone that one of the members here on penguin created and posted about.

Tried out the 20cent piece (thanks to the developer for added the Australian coin i requested). I was playing with it. Its a fun thing to do, just pulling out a 20cent piece. I showed two other iphone users and they all thought it was pretty cool as well. Unfortunately the 20cent piece is too big and heavy to do the striking vanish cause of the weight of the coin makes a nasty impact sound on the back on the iphone that i would rather not hear. So i hope to see the 10cent piece in the future which is smaller and wont have this problem.

At first i thought it was more of a novelty. Just like a cool app and i thought oh well everyone knows about apps and things. Well mabey the coin trick is a novelty but i tried the actual Card to Phone today with the mercury card fold (signed card) (could be used with V2F as well). I was surprised but the reactions are good. i would say are as good as doing a signed card to wallet. AS GOOD! I thought oh its a novelty but i was wrong. This is actually good. Some girl said "but how do u get inside the phone like that" and gave me some random thing on the table to put into my phone as well (i couldnt do it of course, cause it was some gummi wrapper) Still it startled me that she thought the card was under the screen. Theres something about using the iphone that for some reason they cant backtrack to when the card was in the deck. Or maybe its just super unexpected, or up to date with technology? I dunno but theres something about it that makes it surprisingly effective on real audience.

Dont brush this off as a novelty. Theres just something about it i cant explain that works well for lay audiences. I think this replaced Jay Sankeys PaperClip for me. And i'll will be using this from now on either before or after my card to wallet routine.

I recommend it.

9/10

I would give it 10 if it had more options (possibly in the future update). Which i have messaged the developer about. I would also like the app icon itself to be less obvious. Like not actually say Card2Phone with a Card in the icon. I dunno something like C2P or something less obvious. Today someone went thru my phone. But they didnt find it cause they opened up the Invisible deck app instead thinking it was something to do with that. Still even though some people may think its a app, some people (to my surprise) actually think the card is under the screen). Also combined with basic control and sleight of hand, its really effective. I must say the iphone 4 screen does make it look good. Try it.

Post subject: Re: Card2Phone app my review
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:37 pm 
Penguin

well dude i have been try it before but i think it really powerful and good reaction for the people that watch this trick and yeah what a nice app on i phone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:39 am 
born to perform.

pwaydah wrote:
well dude i have been try it before but i think it really powerful and good reaction for the people that watch this trick and yeah what a nice app on i phone

Yeah its great. though now u have to pay extra for "Pro" version with extra items but that doesnt work for me for some reason.

Also i'd like to see Split Spades deck and Mandolin Deck in it, and fix the crop on the Australian 10cent coin. Also the ability to turn off the Indonesian coin like u can with other currencies.

If that was done, this app would be perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:34 pm 
born to perform.

The general idea of the app is awesome, but some of the implementation could do with a few improvements. The thing that sticks out for me like a sore thumb is the poor physics: the coin (or whatever object) just doesn't behave quite like you'd expect it to.

For fun, I'm trying to write my own version of this app that addresses these issues. I don't intend to compete with card2phone, but if this thing goes anywhere, I'll post a link to it and you'll get to interact with a blue square as your object.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

Lawboy wrote:
The general idea of the app is awesome, but some of the implementation could do with a few improvements. The thing that sticks out for me like a sore thumb is the poor physics: the coin (or whatever object) just doesn't behave quite like you'd expect it to.

For fun, I'm trying to write my own version of this app that addresses these issues. I don't intend to compete with card2phone, but if this thing goes anywhere, I'll post a link to it and you'll get to interact with a blue square as your object.

Ummm have u downloaded any updates for the card2phone app? Physics were greatly improved.