View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The Wallet Thread!!!(review your favorite wallet here!)
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:51 pm 
born to perform.

Just edited mine with the link, and the price.

duds wrote:
Now everyone can actually see all the different types of wallets there are.

I actually wanted to put more photos up but it will only let me do 3 pics!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 pm 
born to perform.

Only three? That ain't right.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:34 pm 
born to perform.

duds wrote:
Only three? That ain't right.

tell me about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:00 am 
born to perform.

Here's my wallet video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O58ZQPGz8p8

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 am 
born to perform.

Loved the video Akira... is the Jardonett a palm or no palm wallet? How easy is the load? Also does it have a peek feature?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 am 
born to perform.

The fire wallet is a palm-only wallet. No peek feature.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 am 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:
The fire wallet is a palm-only wallet. No peek feature.

Thanks a bunch!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:25 am 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:
Here's my wallet video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O58ZQPGz8p8

Great review akira. I totally agree with you the small plus ROCKS! A little dissapointed with the real man's though 'cause I was hoping of getting that for my day to day wallet. hmmm...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:17 pm 
born to perform.

Just posted a review of Thought Transmitter.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157899

enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 pm 
Penguin

Heres a review I did on my old account here, I still feel pretty much the same about the wallet as I did. I would change the review sleightly but I got banned so I can not edit it.

Pauldela wrote:
Jerry O'Connell London, Plus wallet - By Jerry O'Connell.

Effects;

NON PALM & PALMED CARD TO WALLET.

*Card to zippered compartment of wallet.
*Any small or slim item to zippered compartment of wallet.
*Card to ID case (included) or envelope inside zippered compartment in wallet.
*Confabulation routines
*Peek wallet - see what a spectator has written down secretly and fairly places in wallet, without you seeing what was wrote.
*Adding a packet of card into your deck without spectators knowing.

Price: $87 for a new one of Penguinmagic.com

Teaching: The teaching on the little booklet was good, however some bits were hard to understand, particular the loading of the ID case and confabulation routine. What a shame? Nope, because Jerry also includes a instructional DVD. The DVD was very easy to navigate the title options were 'scene selections' or 'play all'. He teaches everything you need to know about the wallet, and he teaches it pretty darn well, he adds in extra bits like how he performs each effects with the wallet, his favorite effect.

*Card to zippered compartment of wallet - This is ideal as a non palmed card to wallet, the loading is very very easy, I would say with my experience in card to wallets (witch is not vast) it is the best, and also a friend of my Harry Murphey from the cafe, has almost every non palmed and palm card to wallets available. He says this is one of if not his best. The card to zippered compartment can also be done very smoothly if you can palm too. It works either way.
The card to zippered compartment is my best feature on this wallet right now, as I don't were jacket’s all the time for the other use (Il get into that later).

*Any small or slim item to zippered compartment of wallet - This is the same as above, the item fits through the same section. For this a simple routine could be vanishing a spectators ring via French drop and then get your wallet out a viola! It's in the zipped compartment! If say something thicker then 1cm and longer then a playing card an fit into the tongues and will not be able to load.

*Card to ID case (included) or envelope inside zippered compartment in wallet - With the wallet AND DVD AND booklet, you also get a ID case. This is a small case slightly bigger then a playing card, one side is see-through plastic. This is fitted in the second loading feature, where you have to palm the card to load it, and the wallet must be on a inside breast pocket of a jacket. One it is loaded, the card is not only inside the zippered compartment but also in a small ID case. If you want you can not use the ID case, but use a envelope instead.

The reason this is not my best feature of the wallet is because it is not instant reset like above, after you finish the effect you have to install the ID case or envelope again, witch can take 5 - 10 seconds and you can do it in front of your spectators. Another reason this is not my favorite feature is because loading the palmed card can be a tad tricky sometimes I found. It's not a major problem if your work on it though. The instructional DVD gives you info like the dimensions and the net for making your own envelopes out of paper to save money, I though this was really nice.

*Confabulation routines - Not much too say here, it's a great great routine. The DVD supplies a comedy confab routine, but if you want you can present this as serious mentalism. You will need a extra something. I haven’t preformed this yet because I haven’t had the extra something, but when I have more time on my hands I’ll defiantly give it a go. The routine is very strong and from the DVD looks easy.

*Peek wallet - see what a spectator has written down secretly and fairly places in wallet, without you seeing what was wrote - This is a VERY nice peek wallet. self working and very easy. If your gutsy and also control your spectators right, they can even put the to-be peeked item in themselves. GREAT feature to have.

*Adding a packet of card into your deck without spectators knowing - What the label says... This is pretty straight forward too. You can use this to add Gaffs or dups or whatever floats your boat into your deck without your spectators knowing. The DVD will explain how.

Quality of materials: The JOL wallet is made from real leather, and the inside material is very nice too. The quality of the product is top notch, don't expect another card to wallet with much better or better quality at all. Harry Murphey, who I mentioned above said he has had this wallet for 25 years and it works like new. not only is the wallet good quality but also is the ID case. Nice. To sum that up, very high standard of quality here.

Difficulty from;

*Card to zippered compartment of wallet - EASY
*Any small or slim item to zippered compartment of wallet - EASY
*Card to ID case (included) or envelope inside zippered compartment in wallet - MEDIUM
*Confabulation routines - EASY
*Peek wallet - see what a spectator has written down secretly and fairly places in wallet, without you seeing what was wrote - EASY
*Adding a packet of card into your deck without spectators knowing - EASY

Applications: The effects this wallet displays can make a very strong magic and mentalism! This wallet can be used in TONS of card effects as closer, or just as a effect in it's self, ones you’ve preformed a the card to wallet effect, there is not much you can do to top it. The wallet can also be used if your prop less and all you have is some paper a pen and your wallet (peel device usageee). Basically, you will sue this wallet ALOT.

Other thoughts: The wallet can be used as a normal wallet (I use it as a normal wallet). You can fit as many notes as you want, credit cards AND even packet tricks. Yup there is a nice little place for packet tricks, brilliant! Another part of the wallet is a little window space, where I keep a prediction card, or sometimes I use it as a gag for getting the card to wallet wrong... then reveal from the zippered compartments.

Overall Rating: I never rate anything a 10/10 (Nik knows why :lol:), so I’ll say this; If you want to buy a GREAT card to wallet get this, and you will also get the other stuff with it. I honestly believe this is one of the best buys I’ve had in magic.

As Akira would say HOTTTT SAUCEEEE!

---------------------------

---------------------------

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:53 am 
Penguin

Just curious the photo shows two wallets. Do u get two different looking wallets? or u buy them separately?

eostresh wrote:
The Triple Threat Wallet:
Well this is my first “billfold” wallet, at least as far as magic is concerned. Right now I’m in the process of getting used to this wallet but I am beginning to see that this wallet could be a real worker.
Attachment:
tripple.jpg

Price: $39.95 at Penguin
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1532

Wallet Functions: As the name implies this wallet has three functions in total. First it has two slightly modified Mullica inserts, one to a buttoned flap in the main wallet, and one inside a buttoned compartment that is in a small business card wallet that tucks inside the main wallet. Second, in the business card wallet, in the same compartment as the card production, there is a peek function that can be used for mentalism routines.

Ease of use(magic): This is a trickier wallet than either of the two secretary styles I’ve reviewed(Mullica or BKM). Both Mullica features can be used palm or no palm though I would recommend palming for the card to main wallet and not palming for the card to interior wallet. Either way the smaller size of this wallet will give you less room for error. It has actually proved quite tricky loading this wallet in small sized pockets as it’s best load direction is along its length not its width. You can make a modification to the wallet that will make this a bit easier but expect some fumbling around when you first get this. PRACTICE! As for the peek function, it should work pretty easily. The only real trick is having a good excuse to have something written down and then placed in “your” wallet. If you can find the motivation for this in your patter the mechanics will be pretty easy. What this function is likely better suited for is in conjunction with a swami gimmick. Ie. Make a prediction, slip it in your wallet, ask for a bunch of numbers, add them up, and low and behold you got the number! Making this feature work will depend on your patter and presentation.
Ease of use(every day): Well the wallet will fold to billfold size which should be familiar to most of you. The one and only beef I have is the fact that the “coin pocket” that cards appear from in the main wallet actually folds over ½ the billfold area. This gives you two options, fold the bills in half and keep them to the open side of the wallet or unsnap the coin pocket cover each time you pull out some cash. It is a minor inconvenience but still worth mentioning. Other than that this wallet should work fine for every day use for anyone regardless of clothing style.
Overall thoughts: As stated I’m still getting used to this and would not recommend this as a first time wallet but for those who know what’s up this can be a very powerful wallet. When you see the design you will realize that this is not just a “loading” wallet but an “unloading” wallet as well. Where does that come in handy? Imagine this…Earnest Earicks’ Bureau D’E’change. A card is selected and placed in the pocket. Four kings are shown on the bottom of the deck. With a magical gesture the selected card appears on the bottom of the deck and the kings are in the pocket. Now that’s a pretty good trick. How much cooler will it be if you replace “pocket” with “buttoned compartment inside a wallet?” Reputation maker right there! That is the reason that, even with its shortcomings I have high hopes for this wallet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 am 
born to perform.

@ Yano-
The extra "wallet" comes with it. It is supposed to look like a mini business card wallet that tucks into the main wallet. It has one slit for a credit card or ID and the side with a snap closure is the second mullica insert/peek feature. You can use the wallet without it is you choose. It will trim the wallet a bit and you still have one mullica feature in the main wallet.

I mostly use the the mini-wallet for mentalism. It is great for the ol' swami gimmick number prediction trick. It is actually quite hard(IMO) to load a card in that wallet w/o flashing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm 
Penguin

Triple Threat Wallet
Anthony Miller

Quality :D :D :D
The quality of this wallet is very decent. It is real leather and seems like it will hold out well. I do not like the fact that there are huge snap together buttons inside the wallet that can be felt through the leather. Maybe I have to play around with it some more, but I find myself worried about sitting on top of it all day. For now I keep it in my front right pocket.
There are actually 2 wallets that come with the Triple Threat. The first is a half fold back pocket wallet, and the second is half the size that can either fit inside the first wallet or in a shirt pocket. Here are some pictures...

Attachment:
IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1949.jpg [ 223.27 KiB | Viewed 1638 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1953.jpg
IMG_1953.jpg [ 169.83 KiB | Viewed 1638 times ]

Gimmick :D :D :D :D
Genius! I love the way the gimmick looks! Not only does it look natural, but it actually adds personality and style to the wallet! Not only do you have a card to wallet effect, but you also have a built in peek feature and a pocket writing function as well. There is a lot that you can do with this wallet. You can produce sponge balls, silks, or a golf ball out of this wallet if you wanted to. It is a very versatile gimmick, and I have found myself coming up with various uses for it already.

Practicality :D :D :D :D
The Triple Threat is a very good everyday wallet too. It is the only wallet I am using now if that tells you anything. There are 4 credit card slots (although one of them wont properly fit a credit card lol), a cash slot, and a slit for business cards or other things.

Effect :D :D :D :D
The main effect done with this wallet is to make a signed card travel to your wallet instantly. It is an amazing finisher for an ambitious card routine! There are tons of other uses and effects for this wallet. You can do a mentalism effect where you pull out your wallet and the thought of card is written on a piece of paper inside the wallet’s pocket! You can read your spectator’s mind because of the peek function that the wallet has. You can produce objects from the wallet very easily which is funny and always gets a laugh. You can do so much with this one wallet!

Instructions :D :D
Wow. The instructions that came with the wallet(s) were not very helpful. They give you the general idea of the wallet with a few illustrations, but they could have made it so much better. Personally I found the instructions somewhat vague and unclear, but that may just be me. It would be awesome IF PENGUIN COULD MAKE AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FOR THE TRIPLE THREAT *hint hint*. I would love to hear some ideas from everyone else on how to use this wallet for other purposes as I am sure it has MANY!

In closing, I would like to say that I am very pleased with the wallet. It is a little expensive, but I am still glad that I bought it. I would recommend it, but would weigh out my options to make sure I am getting the best deal I can.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 pm 
Penguin

There's apparently a really good loading technique for the triple threat wallet on Aaron Delong's Believe dvd.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:17 pm 
Penguin

Stealth Assassin Wallet
Peter Nardi
http://www.stealthassassin.com/intro.htm

ImageImage

Wallet Functions <5/5>
The SAW is a mentalism wallet it has everything a mentalism wallet needs i believe.
Peeks: Has two peeks SUC and the peek used in the original stealth, not sure on the name sorry. Both the peeks work great.
OTL: Not so well made really as it doesn't use the same band as other OTL, by all means it works. However doesn't compare to stockholder. You need some sticky stuff.
Billet Index: I don't really use the indexing much however depending on the size of the billet i'm sure it could fit 8-10.
Load/Steal/Switch: Maybe my memory serves me wrong however i don't recall them teaching much bout switching business cards they only teach it with billets/coins. The switches they teach with business cards can be done with any wallet. Loading isn't anything special nor is the steals its just the basic SUC really.
Swami: Can easily use SUC for swami writing.
New Features: The newer produced SAW are alittle different to the old ones, the SUC section has a pocket now and theres a place thats glued shut so you can't use it like in the video. The m****** are glued to the wallet.

Quality <3.99/5>
Material of the wallet: Its ok i would say, the leather are nothing like my other wallets that i use. It kinda feels hmm not that great i would say. However it does look like a normal wallet to the spectators.
The Construction: The wallet is well designed, it has quite alot of pockets for credit/business cards. The pockets are all around a average business card size, kinda not so good for me since my purikura pictures are much bigger. The m****** are strong enough and work well for the secret compartment.
My Opinion: However i feel the SAW isn't really a wallet wallet, it to me the design feels more like a business/credit card holder.

Ease of use(for Magic): <5/5>
Everything is easy to use the secret compartment, SUC, OTL, index, peeking, swami, stealing.
Its all easy to use however i think it requires quite some skill to use it right, maybe in an presentational sense its hard i guess. However i don't believe any of the mechanics are hard to use at all.

Ease of use(every day wallet): <3.9/5>
Wallet Size: The wallet size is average, nothing too big nothing too small, it will fit in you front or back pockets easily. You can carry plenty of business cards and credit card, and also you can not carry coins in this wallet.
Not really a wallet: Once again to me this isn't a everyday wallet it's design is a business card wallet really. It can be used as a everyday wallet though the way the bills are carried isn't the most normal thing i've seen.
Even though i have wallets that carry bills in unique ways but it has a clip it has a purpose compared to SAW which doesnt really serve a reason to why anyone would carry bills like that.
ImageImage

Instructions <5/5>
Comes with two quality dvd's with over 2hrs of teaching and teaches you how to use SAW throughly. The material provided is definitely strong material that you can and will use.

Overall thoughts: <4.3/5>
So really if u only need a wallet for 1 or 2 functions then i would suggest to buy a cheaper alternative. However if your a mentalist and if you have plans to use or think you might use more of the features then i'd say theres no other better mentalism wallet on the market to my knowledge. It really has everything and does everything a mentalist would need.

In summary here are some of the drawbacks of the wallet that made me downrate
    1. There are some drawbacks like the OTL kinda doesn't allow for a fast reset cause it needs sticky stuff.
    2. Its not really a wallet wallet to me.
    3. The pocket sizes are only business card size
    4. The new SAW has a part glued shut.
    5. The material isn't the greatest, but it works.

Will be getting Showdown wallet soon i hope :), i'll try get a review done when i receive it. Hope there arent huge delays still..