View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The Wallet Thread!!!(review your favorite wallet here!)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 am 
born to perform.

Does anybody have the F1 wallet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:49 pm 
born to perform.

aces_up_41 wrote:
Does anybody have the F1 wallet?

I think I might......
Strange comment I realize. I just ordered the Infinity and Alakazam put the wrong wallet in the box! I think the one I got is the F1? Looks like the one in the video at least.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

F1 Wallet.....I Think???
Okay so I ordered the Infinity wallet and when I opened the box I got the Infinity DVD but NOT the Infinity Wallet! It seems that Alakazam put the wrong wallet in the wrong box. So while I am waiting for the real infinity wallet to come my way and before I send whatever this is back to them I have the opportunity to get a sneak peek at what I believe to be the F1 wallet. At least I watched all the videos of other Alakazam wallets and the wallet I have looks the most like the F1.

Attachment:
fone 008.jpg
fone 008.jpg [ 238.98 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

Attachment:
fone 009.jpg
fone 009.jpg [ 240.59 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

Wallet Functions: This is a palm and no palm card to wallet that has the card emerge from a zippered compartment in the wallet. I'm unaware of any other features?

Ease of use(for Magic): This wallet can load from two different places. One would be best for palmed card to wallet and the other for no palmed card to wallet. You can do a Kaps style insert and a Mullica style insertion with this wallet. This is probably one of the easier loading wallets I have seen. As you can see in the photo, it is a little larger than the Triple threat witch will make it easier to avoid flashing during a no-palm load.

Ease of use(every day wallet): This should be okay for a day to day wallet but the main compartment of the wallet is partitioned so that you would have to fold your bills in half to use. There are 4 credit card/ Id card slots on the left side of the wallet and 3 slits on the right side that are a bit tight for credit cards but should hold business cards just fine.

Overall Impressions: I personally think it is a bit overpriced for what you get. The wallet quality is about on par with the Triple Threat and, while you have more loading options in the F1, you don't have as many performance features as with the Triple Threat. Aesthetically I do prefer the zipper to the snap but that isn't enough to win me over to this wallet. BIG DISCLAIMER!!! Okay so the fact that I got a sneak peek at this wallet was due to a mistake at Alakazam. Indeed, while I think this is an F1 it might not be? Next, because I am packing this up to send back I haven't used this wallet. I literally just took a gander at it, got a few photos of it, and it is back in the box being shipped off for the wallet I ordered. Some wallet features you can't appreciate until you have actually used it for a while. The biggest disclaimer of all is that I have not seen the DVD that comes along with this. Also, on the product page you will notice that the F1 comes with either a red or blue gimmick. I have no clue what that gimmick is or how it is used? The combination of the extra gimmick and an instructional DVD may indeed justify the price of the F1. All I can say is that the wallet in my hand, (without the benefit of a DVD, an extra gimmick, and the experience that comes from actually using a wallet) is no better than the Triple Threat which retails for about 1/2 the price.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, you received the F1. The wallet along with the gimmick make for SUPAH FAST no palm card to wallet routines. http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-F1-Wa ... n-Rea.html
Scroll down for additional reviews and video demos.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:53 am 
born to perform.

EZrhythm wrote:
Yes, you received the F1. The wallet along with the gimmick make for SUPAH FAST no palm card to wallet routines. http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-F1-Wa ... n-Rea.html
Scroll down for additional reviews and video demos.

Thanks for that addition. Yes I do feel squeemish about trashing it without all the facts so I hope people check out those other reviews. I mostly wanted to get some photos since I know that many times the look can be just as important as the functionality. I know the first few magic wallets I got I purchased "blind" not really knowing what I was getting until I took it out of the box.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 pm 
Penguin

Ok so i looked at the wallets, and i am really interested in the triple threat wallet, do you know if thats any good for being my first (magic) wallet? i know it was mentioned that it might not be, but i feel that i would be able to put enough time and effort into it that i could get by without the previous experience, but please tell me if you think otherwise! :lol: and if not, could you please point me to which one you think would be best? thanks. and i agree, there should be more threads like this, very well done eostresh!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:53 pm 
Penguin

The triple threat has a very easy load for the main wallet. The insert load is a little trickier. The peek function is easy but I probably won't use it anyway. I just started carrying it as my regular wallet. We'll see how that works out as I have not carried a wallet in almost 20 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 pm 
born to perform.

Tukaram wrote:
The triple threat has a very easy load for the main wallet. The insert load is a little trickier. The peek function is easy but I probably won't use it anyway. I just started carrying it as my regular wallet. We'll see how that works out as I have not carried a wallet in almost 20 years.

I never had luck with the secondary wallet. Just no room for error! Perhaps with a mercury card fold? What I used it for was a number prediction with a swami. Worked great for that. I also concur that using it as a full on peek was a little odd. Wallet peeks have never been my preferred peek anyway.

Post subject: Very informative thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 pm 
Penguin

Hi guys, this thread has been very informative to me as I am a wallet junkie. I own the following wallets and will do a review on these with side by side comparisons.
Real mans wallet
Mesika wallet
F1 nitro
Hip pocket mullica
Jol ez wallet small
Jol billfold
Mirage wallet
And my latest purchase was the infinity wallet, I am curious as to what effects you guys always carry in your wallet. I have heard that heirloom, powerball 60 and extreme burn are good but at this time I only own extreme burn and would love to pack a show in my infinity wallet.

~Roy

Oh btw how does the infinity wallet compare to triple threat, I am considering buying that wallet as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:14 pm 
Penguin

I really enjoy my triple threat wallet (sorry to not reply to your question roy, but i only own the triple threat wallet), i use it for my day to day wallet, its durable so far, i use it for more of a wallet right now than i use it for its magical abilities, but sometimes when im in class and i need a quiet, easy to understand trick to do, i always love to have it around. not to mention that i have it loaded with the effects from Jay Nobelezada's Money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 pm 
born to perform.

I think for people who are just starting out and want a nice, all purpose, wallet for a cheap price(under $50) there is nothing better than the Triple Threat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 pm 
Penguin

Yes, i can not agree more with that lol :D

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:18 pm 
Penguin

My wallet reviews:
First I want to say that I am terrible at reviewing anything but here is my take on a few card to wallets.
We all have our own styles, we dress different and have different skill levels but this is my opinion only.

Real mans wallet:
Type of wallet: Palm only
This is a good billfold style wallet that can be used as an every day wallet.
Ease of use: 3/5 the load is pretty tough in this wallet but I have seen others who only use this wallet and make loading look very natural.
Value for the money: 5/5

Hip pocket Mullica:
Type of wallet: No palm
I absolutely love this wallet, i would not reccomend this as an every day wallet due to the fact that your your money will have to be slightly folded to fit and there are really only a few places to put your credit cards and other Identification.
Ease of use: 5/5 the use of the wallet is explained very well in the included DVD.
Quality: 4/5 the leather is very thin (which is not a bad thing) but I am very picky when it comes to leather.
Value: 5/5 this is a worker.

Jol billfold:
Type of wallet: palm
This is a very good looking billfold style wallet that can be used as your every day wallet, I am very impressed by all of the Jol wallets that I have seen.
Ease of use: 4/5 in comparison to other similar type of wallets this is the easiest loading palm billfold style wallet on the market, everything is self contained. There is no need for anything to be added to make this load faster.
Quality: 5/5 there is not another line of wallets that are made with this amount of attention to detail. The leather is some of the best I have ever seen.

Jol ez wallet small:
Type of wallet: palm only
This is one of my favorite wallets, while this isnt exactly a billfold style wallet but it does fit my back pockets nicely.
Ease of use: 4/5 this has to be tthe 2nd easiest palm wallet that I have ever used, of course the biggest reasons are that there are no external slides involved, the leather used is perfect in every way and it does sit higher in my back pocket which is a huge plus.
Quality: 5/5 there is not another line of wallets that are made with this amount of attention to detail. The leather is some of the best I have ever seen.

Mirage wallet:
Type of wallet: no palm
This wallet is very cool, it is unlike any other card to wallet that I have ever seen, it does use an ingenious gimmick but I can not recommend this as an every day wallet. It is a billfold style wallet with compartments to carry your ID and credit cards but carrying this in your pocket every day can cause a lot of stress on the working components of this wallet.
Ease of use: 4/5 out of the box because the gimmick requires a bit of a knack to operate perfect every time but once you have practiced enough I would say that the ease of use would be 5/5.
Quality: 2/5 the quality of this wallet is terrible.

Triple threat wallet by Anthony Miller
Type of wallet: Palm and no palm
This is the easiest loading palm wallet that I have ever seen, I have some gripes however, I really hate the flap that secures the card in the main wallet, I prefer a zipper myself. Other than that the quality of this wallet was so awful that I took it completely apart to reverse engineer it (I have never made a wallet but sew very well as I am in the leather manufacturing business) this wallet does come with a inner wallet which I would take out of the main wallet, this wallet alone loads easier than the Jol, real mans and the infinity no slide needed.
Quality: 1/5 this was so trashy that I called Tony Miller and found out why, this is one of many knockoffs of his original triple threat, Tony is a good guy that cares about quality but even when i dismantled this wallet i found a made in india tag :( I think had I bought one that Tony made this review would have been much nicer.
Value for the money: 5/5 excellent as long as it doesn't fall apart on you it is a workhorse and there is no denying that this has to be the easiest palm ctw on the market, I took the mullica insert out and use it for card to pocket.

Mesikas wallet:
Palm only
Quality: 4/5 I believe that this Mesika wallet is a knock off of the real one.
Decent palm only wallet but you really should mercury fold your card, on the plus side the card does come from a zippered pocket.
Ease of use: 3/5
Value: 3/5 kinda pricey for what it is.

Infinity wallet:
Type of wallet: Palm only
I almost don't know where to begin with this wallet, this is a billfold style wallet that can and should be used as your every day wallet. This wallet is simply amazing but I will just judge the card to wallet first.
Ease of use: 3/5 this is a fairly difficult wallet to load, it the same as the real mans wallet with the assistance of a slide which is supplied. This in my opinion is not as easy to load as a Jol.
Now with the other added features, switch, peek, etc... This could be a workhorse. The wallet comes with a well produced DVD that covers a lot including the switch and peek features. My only complaint that I have with this wallet is that it is designed to perform effects like KK and Heirloom but the wallet is too thick in my opinion.
Value: 5/5 you do get a lot for your money!

F1 nitro wallet:
Type of wallet: palm or no palm

Another amazing wallet by alakazam! This is the wallet that I carry all day. It just fits my style. I however do not feel that It would be fair to consider this an every day wallet as the Bill compartment has been partitioned off but there are plenty of places to carry my ID and credit cards.
Ease of use: 5/5 the gimmick does all of the work! I am finally able to load right under the spectators nose and the load is so fast that I do not believe any spectator would even remember the deck being anywhere close to the wallet. This can also be used as a Palm card to wallet I would give this a 4/5 because it loads easy.
Quality: 5/5

This also has 2 peek functions, otl and many other uses.

The Badger by Tony Miller:
In the mail will review later.

The modifier by Tony Miller:
In the mail will review later.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am 
Penguin

Hey roy, is that the f1 wallet in the post above in eostresh's post? I currently use the triple threat wallet, that i use for my every day wallet, would it be worth it to get the f1?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm 
Penguin

Hildner17 wrote:
Hey roy, is that the f1 wallet in the post above in eostresh's post? I currently use the triple threat wallet, that i use for my every day wallet, would it be worth it to get the f1?

It is the same except mine does have more features as it is the f1 nitro version.

It also does not hold money in a horizontal fashion, it will need to be folded. I usually only keep 2 versions of extreme burn, powerball 60 and a few other things, I do keep my spending money in a money clip.
In my opinion it is a great wallet that fits my style, however I must mention that it comes with a little something that has to be added to the deck which is a turn off for most but for me I am loving this wallet, in 20+ years I have never used anything this easy and clean. Please do not get me wrong I do like the concept with the triple threat wallet which is why I am rebuilding one from the ground up, I am going to make a much thinner version of the infinity wallet but keep the much simpler load of the triple threat. I will post pictures when I am done, this is for personal use so I doubt that anyone will have a problem with this since I am not making these for resale. But it must have a zipper because I really hate snaps.