View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Review: Absolute Coin Bender by Action Magic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 am 
Penguin

Absolute Coin Bender by Action Magic

Effect:
Action Magic proudly presents the Absolute Coin Bender. With it, you will be able to bend borrowed, signed coins, in real-time, under real world conditions. Cause the coin to melt at your fingertips like liquid metal, or psychokinetically fold in someone's hand, or bend it with your evident superhuman strength. An impressive and impossible display of powers is now achievable with this incredible gimmick. But the gimmick is only half of it. You will learn more than 9 full routines demonstrating different ways to use the gimmick, up close, on the street, and in the bar. Owners of other benders can utilize this to maximize the potential of their current bender in ways like never before. The handling for the Absolute Coin Bender was done with a major emphasis on doing the bend while people are staring right at you the whole time. This pressure of hand-burning eyes is diminished thanks to the devious methods and this powerful gimmick. Audiences never see anything, particularly when the gimmick is hidden in plain sight right under their noses.

The Absolute Coin Bender will bend almost any coin, and will bend coins most other benders can not. Because of the physical properties of the Absolute Coin Bender, bends require less strength, and less physical movement, which lend a hand in its deceptiveness.

Key points:

Adjustable Bend Intensity - The only bender of its kind that allows the user to determine and change the curve of the bend. Soft curve, sharp bend, half & half, adjustments for different sized coins, and more.

INVISIBLE Bending Capabilities - The ability to bend the borrowed, signed coin in real time with no sign or indication of bending while the audiences' eyes are fixed on you burning you the entire time. Makes beautiful curved coins. Coins do not look bent but instead warped.

Applied Physics - The makeup and functionality of the Absolute Coin Bender yields an easier bend with less movement and less physical exertion.

No awkward movements or unnatural actions.

Always start clean and always end clean.

No sleeves, jacket, shirt, or other special clothing requirement.

The ability for someone relatively new to magic to be able to bend a signed coin in real time with little skill required - and astounds audiences!

Multi-language DVD - English - Spanish - French

More than 9 Full Routines
Additional minor pieces will be necessary.

Warped coin is an amazing tangible giveaway for your spectator to take home.

Truly versatile to use the Absolute Coin Bender gimmick to bend borrowed and signed coins in numerous ways.

This is real-time coin bending that almost anyone can do, yet with capabilities no other bender has! Including both the DVD and Gaffs.

Running Time: Approximately 1hr 35mins

Price: $29.95

Teaching:
The teaching on this DVD is all silent but does have the aid of easy to read text so you can easily understand what it is that you need to accomplish each of the different type of coin bending effects. Although there are 9 different routines that allows you to bend a borrowed and signed coin right at the finger tips while they watch are pretty much all identical. What I mean by that is that the bending is done all the same except for two routines where you change up the bending method. But regardless of that fact, all of the bending happens while the spectators can be burning your hands and they still won’t have the slightest clue as to how you achieved the method of bending their signed coin.
The quality of the DVD with both its performances and explanations are also in very good quality and everything is easy to see and understand. Since for the most part of the explanation there is not talking other than when you watch the performances. They have music playing throughout the DVD tutorials and even that is in fair good quality.
All and all, I never had any problems with the visual and audio aspects of the DVD and everything was kept simple so no one should have any difficulty learning the sleights and each of the routines.

Quality of Material(s) Gimmick(s) etc:
The device used to accomplish this effect is very ingenious and almost laughable once you know the secret. It does require that you create the device but its incredible simple to create and I would give it a 2 out of 10 on a difficulty scale, it really is an incredible and easy to way achieve an in the hands bending of a borrowed and signed coin. Once you receive the DVD, you could very well have all the material in your home already to create the bending gimmick, which in fact I already did. But just incase you don’t have what is needed to create the gimmick a quick trip down to the store with $5 dollars will get you EVERYTHING you need to build the gimmick, and once you’ve done so you are set almost for life to never have to build another one. I just can’t get over the method and I still laugh at the sheer simplicity yet and still amazed at how well it works.

Another great aspect about the gimmick is the ability to choose from 3 different types of bends you can accomplish. Starting from a smooth bend, followed by a half and half bend and then finally a sharp bend where you can almost bend their coin completely in half. So far I have borrowed and bent a spectator’s penny, dime, nickel and quarter. I haven’t tried a half dollar yet, so I’m not sure if that would be bendable, but I also haven’t seen anyone with a half dollar with them in the first place so I guess the point would be moot.

Difficulty:
Another aspect that I really love about the Absolute Coin Bender is the sheer simplicity of the effect and the actual moment where you bend their signed coin. Physics can certainly be your friend when applied correctly to a magic effect such as this, so no one should be worried or concerned about any of this being difficult. Since the dirty work is extremely simple to do, you can then focus on your presentation which is the real, main selling point to this effect. You get all of the work done before the spectator even thinks that the effect has begun, which really increases the impossible, magic factor of the effect.

Applications:
With the 9 various routines that are taught on the DVD you really can’t go wrong with using this as either an opener, middle effect or even a closer effect. Ever since I have started using the Absolute Coin Bender, my favorite method at the moment is this:
During my table hopping routine, I wear my short sleeved shirt with the TKO: The Kaylor Option utility gimmick installed and after borrowing a spectator’s coin I perform the signed coin inside sugar packet. Next, after the spectators are done screaming in shocked amazement, I ask for their signed quarter back and when I begin to use the Absolute Coin Bender I also use the Smoke effect by Alan Rorrison which gives the coin bending a even more magical moment. I will either end by having a spectator hold onto their coin in their closed fist and have it revealed to have bent in their own hands, or I mime the bending action be squeezing their signed quarter between my index finger and thumb and drop the coin into the spectators hands. Whichever method I use ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS gets some of the strongest reactions possible. Especially when I perform this particular routine while tabling hopping in the restaurant, I always get my spectators to gasp and scream in utter amazement that people on the other side of the restaurant, and even the manager will always turn and strain their necks trying to see just what in the heck is causing people to act in such a way!

That particular routine has ALWAYS gotten me HUGE amounts of tips, and on some nights I’ll make twice the amount of money in tips than I do when getting paid to perform that night in the restaurant. It’s a true reputation maker and it has also gotten me tons of booked gigs at other establishments and private parties. So if anyone decides to purchase the Absolute Coin Bender and either own the TKO utility device or not, you will be guaranteed to make a lot of money in tips and tons of bookings for all sorts of different events to perform your memorable magic.

Overall Rating:
When I first decided to purchase the Absolute Coin Bender, my original train of thought was to use this until I could afford John T. Sheets Quantum Bender 2.0. However, since the A.C.B. device does exactly what I wanted it to do I no longer feel the need to purchase the Quantum Bender 2.0 since it does exactly what I wanted it too. The ability to begin clean, borrow a spectators coin and have them initial it, bend that coin while people could be looking at my hands, and then end completely clean, I couldn’t possible ask for more or even be happier that I already am with what I can accomplish with the Absolute Coin Bender.

To any of the magicians reading this review and have always wanted to achieve the same type of effect that the Quantum Bender 2.0 has to offer, but at a fraction of the cost. Then I cannot recommend purchasing this effect enough to you guys. Personally, I couldn’t ask for anything better and purchasing a coin bending device that won’t break the bank either.

I hope that this review will help any magician make the choice of purchasing this coin bending gimmick that offers so much, yet costs not all that much at all, considering what you can accomplish with it. If anyone has any questions please feel free to let me know and I’ll try and help the best I can, without giving away the secret of course!

Post subject: Re: Review: Absolute Coin Bender by Action Magic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 am 
born to perform.

NICE and THOROUGH, EXCELLENT REVIEW! Thank You.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 am 
Penguin

EZrhythm wrote:
NICE and THOROUGH, EXCELLENT REVIEW! Thank You.

I'm glad that you liked it! I put myself in the shoes of a magician who would be looking to purchase a coin bending effect, while at the same time trying to compare it to the Quantum Bender 2.0, since for the longest time I felt that the QB 2.0 was the ultimate coin bending device on the market today. So I really do hope that this information will help someone be able to do a coin bending effect that actually happens right in the hands, yet goes by so smoothly that you're done before the effect really even begins, well in the spectators mind at least.

I have a few more reviews in the works:

Quantum Mechanics by Irving Quant

Sticky Blue Book 2.0 by Anthony Owen

Designing Miracles - Creating the Illusion of Impossibility by Darwin Ortiz

Nothing in Transit by David Forrest

The Grail GOLD Edition by Mike Rose & Peter Nardi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:36 pm 
born to perform.

Great review! Now I want this lol. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:16 pm 
born to perform.

Great Review! Good to see you back Rozzer!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:23 pm 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
Great Review! Good to see you back Rozzer!

I couldn't stay away any longer, I missed all too much *cough*BS*cough* but it's good to be back amongst so many familiar names :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:18 pm 
born to perform.

This bender is just awful. I don't recommend it at all. If you want to do a real time bend, this is not the device to use. Check out Coinvexed 2 if Quantum Bender (the best!) break the bank. If you don't do it real time, Andrew Gerard's Psyche is a signed coin bend that kills.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:30 pm 
Penguin

Nice review Rozzerdog!

I have the absolute coin bender and I agree with everything you said about it. It does a great job at bending coins, and gives you multiple options for ways to do it while eyes are burning you.
You did a way better and more thorough review than I likely would have. All I can say is I very much agree with your views on it.
A couple things I could add would be the nice curve the coins end up with are much better than any bender I've come across.
You can change the size of the gimmick to a small or large one for different purposes.
I hated the routine with coinvexed and think most of the routines for a.c.b. are considerably better.
A lot of guys like the qb2 and coinvexed and will say to only get those, but having all three I would say you are better off getting the a.c.b first and decide if getting the others is something you are going to need.
I can also recommend using the cap to coinvexed 2 and using the a.c.b. with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 pm 
Penguin

magicman4646 wrote:
This bender is just awful. I don't recommend it at all. If you want to do a real time bend, this is not the device to use. Check out Coinvexed 2 if Quantum Bender (the best!) break the bank. If you don't do it real time, Andrew Gerard's Psyche is a signed coin bend that kills.

That's cool if you don't like it or recommend it, it all comes down to personal preference and if one coin bender meets all of the users personal requirements then that is the coin bender he/she should use. I've done real time bending with this so many times I've lost count, with misdirection and not giving the spectators the time to look where you don't want for a second is all that is needed to bend the coin. But like I said, it's all personal preference, and for the price of $29.95 it allows someone to give it a try and if it doesn't work all that well for that person then by all means they reserve the right to buy the most expensive coin bender out on the market.

I also didn't write this review to convince anyone that it's the best coin bender, since it met all my requirements I decided to stick with it. If I had not been able to bend a borrowed coin in real time, I would never have written this review and I would have bought the Quantum Bender 2.0. I think it's best to let people make up their own minds and to ultimately stick with what requirements they would like when it comes to bending a spectators coin.

Anyways, that's all I have to say about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 am 
Penguin

This bender is not for me. The gimmick is just a household item and little touch up is done to it only. You need to position it to hide it. You bend the coin right infront of audiences but the moves are rather awkward because the bend need some str. You might as well just use two pliers put it behind your hand and bend the coin. The 9 routines are ok, quite a few are similar. 2/10 from me.. rather awful..