View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Table Hopping Cups and Balls
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 pm 
Penguin

Table Hopping Cups and Balls
By Carl Andrews

:D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D
What packs light, features classic sleight of hand, looks totally astonishing, and is taught very thoroughly by an excellent magician? It is "Table Hopping Cups and Balls" by Carl Andrews. The DVD is fairly in depth, and Carl teaches his magnificent routine through twice both from different angles. It is a signature effect with two cups with sponge balls as the final load.

Price: :) $29.95

DVD Quality: :| The actual quality of the DVD is not great. The camera quality is comparable with a digital camera, and there is only one segment of performance footage. The quality however does not hinder you in any way from learning it. Carl is a good teacher, and he explains everything fairly well.

Effect:
:D AMAZING! Yes, that is the word I used! If you have not gotten this DVD yet, add it to cart! This has got to be my favorite cups and balls routine. I have performed it around, and it gets nothing less than great reactions. It is a lot of fun to perform, and introduces the sponge balls very well, so that you can get right into a routine there also! In addition to the cups and balls routine, Carl also teaches his "Ain't No Mo" sponge ball routine.

In closing, I would like to say that this is the best of the best. Harry Houdini said that he "considers no man a magician until he can adequately perform the cups and balls". Add to cart! It is the best!

Post subject: Re: Table Hopping Cups and Balls
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:35 pm 
born to perform.

This is a great DVD. short and sweet, to the point, no fluff. its not a long DVD, but that's one thing I like about it. Its definitely not for someone who is an absolute beginner in C&B, but it is a fantastic routine. HIs sponge routine is also really good. very practical and commercial.

His C&B routine along with Regal's "My best friend" is my favourite.

(only exception is Wonder's routine. but that will take me a lifetime to get as good as him)

Post subject: Re: Table Hopping Cups and Balls
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 am 
born to perform.

GREAT product to review, sumobear!

I picked this up as a beginner and found it wasn't too difficult at all so from my point of view I recommend it even at the basic skill level. If one has some difficulty with a part just leave it out or change it up for the time being.

The video quality isn't as superb because it was originally issued on VHS tape but as one views the demo on Penguin they will see that it's all good.

I give it... :D :D :D :D :D

Here's a comment I found;

I find this tape to be excellent at what it purports to be...which is a routine for table hopping. It's not a tutorial on C&B, it's not a routine for stage, it's a routine for table-hopping, designed to fit very nicely in with certain realities of a table-hopper's life that other magicians may not share.

I don't do table hopping, but I find Carl Andrews' advice tremendously valuable. Carl is brilliant when it comes to considerations many magicians don't need to worry about, and that is how to be "loaded" for a performance (as opposed to a single trick) and not look out of place.

Consider Carl is working in an environment where wearing a sport jacket would not only be uncomfortable, but also odd. I live in the Deep South of the US, and it would be out of place here. Carl works in Maui! (Lucky stiff!) and in an environment where a gibeciere may look odd.

So, his marker does double duty...while it's his wand here, it can be used for signed card/coin effects, and (don't know if Carl does this) it could be a super-sharpie. The sponge balls are a separate routine, albeit blended masterfully with the cups and balls. His C&B loads take one front trouser pocket only, so he could still carry a deck, one of his "pocket pockets"s (wonderful product...I wouldn't be without it) loaded for coins, TT, or whatever, and still have one remaining trouser pocket for other things (possibly personal effects like wallet and car keys).

Now if I have access to an ideal setup...dedicated table with servante, audience seating, controlled angles, and so forth, I'd probably not use this routine...but used for what Carl has designed his routine around...table hopping, it's awesome.