View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pro Suitcase Table (Large) review
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:13 am 
Penguin

Before I purchased this table, I heard nothing but rave reviews about it. Everybody that has ever bought one of these has loved it, and after finally taking the plunge and buying one myself, I now know why everyone loves these so much. This table is the best money I've ever spent on a magic prop, EVER. I bought the large version which is approx. measures 24" wide by 24" tall by 12" deep when closed and 24" wide by 38" tall by 14" deep when open. Also the top surface which is the table part when fully opened measures 24" by 15" which really gives you alot of room to work with. As an example you can do Gazzo's cups and balls routine with no problems with this table. The table itself weighs 30 pounds and the handle can support 250 pounds of weight. When opened fully, my hands rest normally as they would if you were sitting down at a regular table.

The charcol grey protective covering on the table is top of the line and will never snag on anything and should last you a very long time. The wheels on the bottom are also top of the line and are very securily in place. Plus the table comes with more poly olefin fiber material just in case you want to put some on the inside of your case or if some fiber on the outside needs replacing (which it shouldn't). Which brings me to the inside. The inside is painted white instead of black which really helps you to see your props better. I took other magicians advice and added one of those stick lights to the inside and no longer have any problems what so ever when finding my next prop. You don't have to do this since the inside is now painted white instead of black, but IMO it makes it easier to locate things better. The inside also has 3 rows of shelves (the floor of the table, the middle shelf, then the top shelf) and the middle shelf is adjustable meaning you can take it out if you want, or move it up and down according to your prop space. When you unfold the table it has two folding latches (one on each side) that fold up to prop the table up and keep it up during performance, and also fold down to close the table when finished performing.

And when closed the two locking latches lock it in place so you won't have to worry anymore about kids messing with your stuff after the show. And these locking latches will last you for a very long time as they are solid steel. My entire get ready and take down times since getting this table have been reduced to next to nothing. It literally takes me less then 30 seconds to get ready, and even less time to put away my props. Reason for that is from my point of view every prop I need is right in front of me and since there is 3 different levels of props due to the shelves, I know exactly where each prop is and on what shelf. Now lets talk about the shelves individually for a moment. The top shelf as said before is not adjustable so when the table is closed you only have approx. 3 inches of room.

So just to give you an idea, on this shelf I put the following:

my magic wand with brass tips
magazine (for magazine test)
newspaper (tear)
Silent treatment
color changing knives
golf pencils
nail writers
mouth coils
glue sticks
scotch tape
magnifying glass
thumbtips
gaffed decks
gimmicked wallets (himber, stealth assassine, ect.)
sharpies
envelopes (#1 and #3 coin size)
rubber bands
my jumbo cards
ring flights
and post-it note pads

Basically small flat objects.

Now the middle shelf as said before is the only adjustable one, and you can adjust it anywhere from 4 inches from the top shelf, to 8 inches from the top shelf. I have mine currently at the 4 inch mark. To adjust this shelf you get 4 (I forgot what they're called) flat peg steel pins, that you insert into the holes on the side to adjust the shelf accordingly. Since mine is 4 inches from the top I put the following:

Spongeballs (in a clear sandwich bag)
Sponge Rabbits (also in a clear sandwich bag)
my big fat white rope (hank lee)
linking rings
the Thing (Bill Abbott)
crystal silk tube
change bag
dry eraser
hoppin spots
toilet paper (for Timmy toilet paper)
folded black hand towel (for sweat on forehead, or hands)
Coin Purse
Himber Ring (in original packaging)
and a cordless drill.

Now the floor acts as a 3rd shelf and depending on where you adjust the middle shelf, this can give you anywhere from 13 inches of room, to 19 inches of room. Since my middle shelf is on the 4 inch mark, I have approx 19 inches of room from the floor up. On this shelf I put the following:

my portable PA system with headset
paper towels (you never know)
my Shrinking and Growing head
my baby gag
my clear plastic box for The Thing
my dry erase board
my magic coloring book (stage size)
my coin bucket (misers dream)
my carrying case with table base which in that holds my Chico the Mind Reader props
my quick release shackles (in it's own small carrying case)
and my leather briefcase that has the curtain of death for the Incredible Suite Jacket Escape.

Wow I'm short of breath. :lol:

That is 2 ENTIRE ACTS IN ONE CASE. And I can tell just by looking in my case right now I can probably fit my lota bowl, my botania, and my giant street cups and balls with pouch inside aswell. And that isn't near 250 pounds worth but thats just about everything I've got minus the tipper monkey, multiplying bottles, and the chair suspension. But like I said before, if I need, say the multiplying bottles, I can simply take out my PA system and just carry that seprately and place the bottles in it's place, or if I want to perform Confusing Crayons I can just switch it out with something else that I don't need for that night, ect. Also did I mention that people can tell that you're a professional the moment you walk through the door with this? Plain and simple if you are a working pro, heck even as a hobbiest that has alot of props, GET THIS TODAY. The large pro table costs around $400 and the small one about $340, but I'm telling you right now, get the large one. This thing fit just about every prop I owned inside it, and we're talking 13 years of prop build up here.

I almost forgot to mention one more important point if you also do balloons like me. I have a triple busking bag and a floor pump. For years I had to bring a little stool with me to set my balloons on because I didn't want to put them on the floor and have to bend down to get a balloon everytime. This makes me laugh out loud with pleasure just typing this, because it's almost like this man (Joe Lefler) thought of everything. Anyway with this table fully closed it acts as the perfect stool to set my balloons on and I no longer have to bring a stool with me. It's almost like a miracle what this table has done for me. Now not only do my set up and take down times become almost non exsistant, but I can just close the table up after I'm done performing, place my busking bag on top of it, and just go streight into my balloons. It's just simply amazing.

Like I said, best money ever spent. Please do yourselves a favor because you owe it to yourselves for all your hard work and to Joe himself, GET THIS TABLE RIGHT NOW. If you can get it from Penguin then of course get it from here, if not, find another shop that has it in stock and get it. Don't think about the $400, you won't even miss it once this table gets to your door. I promise.

One last thing:

Thank you Joe.

Post subject: Re: Pro Suitcase Table (Large) review
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

Penguin is out of these right now. Do you know where I can get one? Been meaning to upgrade my prop transportation.

-Ari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 pm 
born to perform.

PS: thanks for the review.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm 
Penguin

Ari, I sent you a PM. Thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 pm 
born to perform.

Hey, Thanks again for the review!! So you said you would recommend the Large one over the small? It is only like a $50 buck difference right?

One last question...will the pro suitcase table fit into the back seat of a car for transportation easily? I have a compact car.

Thanks again,

Ari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 am 
Penguin

afelbs wrote:
Hey, Thanks again for the review!! So you said you would recommend the Large one over the small? It is only like a $50 buck difference right?

One last question...will the pro suitcase table fit into the back seat of a car for transportation easily? I have a compact car.

Thanks again,

Ari

The large one is the way to go. It fits everything you need in there. And yes it will fit in the back seat of a car for easy transport. I've got a compact two door car myself, and with not much effort at all, I'm able to get it into the back seat. After that, it sits up on the wheels on the floor of my car all the way to the show. I could, if I wanted to, put it lying down on it's side with it actually laying on the back seat, but I don't need to. Also by not doing that I can fit more props in the back seat like a chair suspension, my triple busking balloon bag, and my mini mac air balloon pump. An entire show all fits in the back seat. Very good transport too and from your gigs.

Thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 am 
born to perform.

I know this post doesn't really belong here but while you were talking about it. Does the Chair Suspension get good reactions, and can you do it in parlor or kids shows or just on stage?? Which one do you recommend to use?? Im thinking of investing in more expensive props.

Thx again!

Ari