View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Born to Perform Card Magic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:13 am 
Penguin

Born to Perform Card Magic
with Oz Pearlman

Born to Perform Card magic is, in my opinion, one of the finest resources for the starting out card magician. It teaches both the fundamentals of card magic, and also the more advanced flourishes and false cuts. However, the best thing about this DVD is that it teaches only the stuff that you are going to use!

Price :D :D :D :D :D
This DVD is not over priced at all! Thirty bucks for a DVD like this is actually an awesome deal!

Teaching :D :D :D :D
I have always been a HUGE fan of Oz’s teaching. He is so good at it, and makes you want to practice it. The only reason for me giving it 4 stars is because he does not explain everything with quite enough depth. Do not get me wrong. You can see how all of the sleights are done and there are multiple camera angles that ensure this. The problem I had was that Oz did not spend quite enough time on each sleight. He almost seems a little rushed through a few of them. He explains everything, but a little more depth would have been nice.

Material :D :D :D :D :D
Wow! This DVD is amazing! It teaches you everything you “NEED” to know about cards. Like Oz says, it is not an encyclopedia, it is an arsenal!

Fundamentals:
• Mechanic’s Grip
• Biddle Grip
• Pinky Break
• Thumb Break
• Dribble to Secure a Break
• Swing Cut
• Swivel Cut
• DL
• Top Palm

Routines:
• Ultimate Transpo
• Two Card Monte
• Biddle Trick
• Ambitious Card

Controls:
• Classic Pass
• Hindu Shuffle Pass
• Double Undercut
• One Handed Top Palm
• Elmsley Count
• Spread Cull
• Swing Swivel Cut

Forces:
• Hindu Shuffle
• Riffle Shuffle

Flourishes:
• 2 Handed Thumb Fan
• Le Paul Spread
• Springing the Cards
• Erdnase Color Change
• One Handed Thumb Fan
• Hot Shot Cut [Daryl]
• Pendulum Cut [Hooser]
• Trinary Cut [Acer]

If you are reading this and are at least somewhat skilled with cards, you will realize that these are all of the fundamentals in card magic. They are the things that are necessary for performing. For a beginner this DVD is gold! For a more advanced magician this could seem a little easy or old as he or she already knows almost everything on the DVD. I have been doing cards for quite a while, and still learned from this DVD. I think that it is a DVD that every magician should have... just because it is good to have!

Routines :D :D :D :D :D
Wow. These are gold! If this was the only thing on the DVD I might still recommend it to people! Although I would not call them routines (except for ambitious card), I would say that they are the first tricks a magician should learn. I already knew most of these (or the general idea of them), but it is always awesome to refresh and see how someone else performs it.

This is by far the best DVD I have seen on beginning card magic. I HIGHLY recommend it to the beginning magician! You will learn so much from this DVD it is crazy.

Post subject: Re: Born to Perform Card Magic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:33 pm 
born to perform.

Good review mate. THis was one of my first DVDs that I ever bought and its an excellent start.

Post subject: Re: Born to Perform Card Magic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:25 am 
Penguin

I'm currently downloading the (obviously) download version and was a bit disappointed it's only available in WMV format. Only after purchase was it pointed out that .mov format was unavailable. Based on other reviews I expect to really enjoy this, but feel the format should be mentioned on the product description page. This is my first DVD Download purchase, now I'm aware that most aren't available in quicktime .mov format.