View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Infinity Wallet Review
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 pm 
Penguin

This is a pretty new wallet that just recently went up on the market and is made by Alakazam magic who are known for their top quality products. If you have their stealth assassine like I do you know the kind of quality I'm talking about which is outstanding and the infinity wallet is no exception. The assassine was designed for mentalists, but the infinity was designed for magicians. It was designed to be the swiss army knives of wallets for the working pro. So lets get into it.

The Leather:
This leather is top of the line and really heavy duty. It's a very strong hard type of leather and has very strong stitching. The wallet itself was designed to be your everyday wallet and even with everyday normal use, this wallet will last you a very long time.

Credit Card Slots:
You have 6 credit card slots in this wallet. 3 in front and 3 that are hidden. The 3 that are hidden are behind the 3 that you can see meaning you can flip the first 3 off to the side and get access to the next 3 which brings me to the peek.

The Peek:
On the hidden side along with the last 3 credit cards slots you will also see a fairly large clear window off to the right side. You will find that you can peek information 1 of 2 ways that will both be seen through this same window. This peek is very easy to do, but if done wrong you will get caught as with any peek you don't have down. But when done correctly this peek is completely undetectable.

Card to Wallet:
This card to wallet is a palm only method. And if you're fimiliar with the palm only wallets you are familiar with the kaps style loader. However, this loader is not like some card to wallet loaders on the market that just use a standard playing card painted black. This loader is made of durable hard plastic that is much more sturdier then a playing card. The surface on the front of it where the card is resting against has a super slick coating on it meaning when the card is loaded, it will go in smoothly and the card and loader will slip back into place very quickly. When you reveal the card in the wallet, you will notice a nice snap pouch to the right hand side. When snapped open, you will see a clear window and a very nicely displayed card face down. This is nice because the audience can actually see the card before it gets taken out to where there is no way you are using any duplicates or switching of the card. It's a super strong moment for the spectator.

The Shogun:
For those who are not fimiliar with a shogun, what it is, is basically a switching device for bills, rings, coupons, ect. So with that out of the way, how you find this is very easy, but very sneeky. What you will see is the pouch to put your cash in and this pouch has a devider (long ways), right down the middle. It looks almost like you have 2 pouches for your cash which technically you do. Now if you were to flip this wallet over, you will see the exact same thing on the other side. So you basically have 2 identical money pouches on opposite sides of each other. Just an example of what you can do with this is lets say you have extreme burn. You have the whole set up on one side of your wallet in one pouch, then on the flip side pouch, you have pre-cut coupons. So you bring out the extreme burn coupons and change them to money, then you can say "wait, if I now have money, that means my wallet now has the coupons." And then you can grab your wallet and show that the coupons have magically traveled back into the pouch. Adds another wow factor for extreme burn as if it needed one and is just one of countless more ideas you can come up with.

The extra:
If all of that wasn't enough, if you look closely at the money pouches you will notice little slits in the back. These little slits are perfect for putting playing cards in and you have 8 of these slits, 4 in the back of one pouch, and 4 in the back of the other pouch. Now listen to this. If you count these 8 slits plus your regular 6 credit card slits that is 14 total slits. This means that you can do Kolossal Killer with all the outs. IMO this was designed for this purpose.

The DVD:
The dvd that comes with this wallet tells you everything you need to know about it and what all it can do for you. Peter Nardi explains the workings of the wallet very well and gives you very good advice with each feature of it. The dvd is not very long, but doesn't need to be with something like this. Nardi also performs and explains some routines on the dvd like the one you saw in the trailer, plus a few more. These are just to give you ideas with your wallet, but they in no way show the potential this wallet has. Overall though, the dvd was good and showed what it needed to show you.

My Thoughts:
This wallet is just the best on the market. The only thing missing with this would be a fire feature, but in all honesty, who cares when you have this many features. I love it, and I use this as my everyday wallet. If you're looking to buy a wallet, GET THIS RIGHT NOW, because it's going to do everything:

*If you want to perform Card to wallet this is going to do it.
*If you want to do peeks this is going to do it.
*If you want to switch something, like bills, ect. this is going to do it.
*If you want to do Kolossal Killer this is going to do it.
*If you want to blow people minds, this is going to do it.

Everything you need, is going to be in here, vs. carrying around 2 or 3 different wallets. In addition to all of it's features I also have the following items in my wallet at all times.

1. Kolossal Killer
2. Powerball 60
3. Extreme Burn

Those 3 effects alone are worth gold, and you combine those 3 with a card to wallet effect, reading multiple spectators minds with the peek feature, and being able to switch almost anything small like rings, cards, coins, or bills, and you have literally an entire small show IN ONE WALLET. I carry this with me everywhere I go along with a deck of cards and with just those 2 things on me, I can perform miracles for well over 30 minutes. If I don't have a deck of cards and just have my wallet, then I can either do Kolossal Killer, Powerball 60, extreme burn, or I can read a few spectators minds or borrow a few items and do a few routines with the shogun feature. Either way this is ready to go, AT ALL TIMES. You will never not be prepared to perform.

This is a true 10/10. I can't recommend this enough.

Thanks again, and I hope you liked the review.

Post subject: Re: The Infinity Wallet Review
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 am 
born to perform.

Great review!!! I've been waiting on the infinitiy. Do you mind putting this in the wallet thread, and put some pictures up as per the format in that thread? that'll be great!!!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157791

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:30 pm 
Penguin

Curious does the inside peek have a Telethought wallet type technology?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:06 pm 
Penguin

Yano wrote:
Curious does the inside peek have a Telethought wallet type technology?

Unfortunately I don't have the Telethought Wallet so I can't comment.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:50 am 
born to perform.

I've got this in the mail and I do know the telethought gimmick so I'll let you know when it gets here.
P.S. Nice review!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:01 am 
Penguin

Just got a reply from Magiccafe, apparently it doesnt have Telethought wallet gimmick. Kinda makes sense since the peek side doesnt look like the other side.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:57 am 
born to perform.

100 bucks for a wallet? yeah, thanks but I'll pass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 am 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
100 bucks for a wallet? yeah, thanks but I'll pass

....Didn't Akirafist send you a wallet for free a while back? If so it would make sense why you wouldn't buy one. Had a friend in college who mooched coffee off me all the time but couldn't understand why I would drop $2.00 on an Americano at a coffee pub.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am 
born to perform.

Nobody sent me a free wallet, it was fallingblood who kindly offered me a free wallet but I didn't take it.
I'm planning on buying a (card to) wallet soon, there's no way I'll pay more than 40-50 bucks for it though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
Nobody sent me a free wallet, it was fallingblood who kindly offered me a free wallet but I didn't take it.
I'm planning on buying a (card to) wallet soon, there's no way I'll pay more than 40-50 bucks for it though.

Ahhh My bad.
For under 50 bucks you can get the triple threat and it has almost the same features as this. Lower quality wallet but not that spectators really know. The peek is not as slick as on this one but it is functional. Indeed I find the triple threat peek better for boon tip writing. Another option is the "Real Man's" wallet. It has the same card to pocket feature but doesn't have the shogun, index, or peek.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:13 pm 
born to perform.

I'm looking only for a card-to-wallet wallet, it needs to be of good quality and look like a normal wallet so I can take it with me everywhere.
Got any recommendations? I was thinking about the Mesika wallet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:59 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
I'm looking only for a card-to-wallet wallet, it needs to be of good quality and look like a normal wallet so I can take it with me everywhere.

I've heard really good things about this wallet but I can't find it ANYWHERE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:

I don't know if anyone around here has reviewed it yet but here are some thoughts from Jeff McBride
http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/1870

And a decent review from the Magic Cafe
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... &forum=109

Seems like if you can live with a mercury fold style production it is a pretty good wallet. If you get it post a review of it on the wallet thread.
Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:11 pm 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:

If you're going to go the cheaper route, then get the Kaps on Fire wallet aka Jordonnett wallet. It is a palm only card to wallet, but has a fire feature that is very well hidden and works great. Cost is $35 and you can't get any better then that really. Before I got the Infinity, this was my normal everyday wallet and I was using it all the time. The fire feature really catches people off gaurd, but when you do it, they know instantly that you're a magician. If you want to just hand out something like a business card, you can light the wallet for a second or 2, then put out the flame, then hand them the card. Or when you're doing card to wallet, this fire feature gives them one last shock and awe moment before you unzip it to grab their card. All that for $35, and you can't beat it. The first one I got lasted 4 years before I had to buy a new one. Very awesome wallet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:05 am 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:

Well i heard F1 Wallet has it all for serious card to wallet magicians however the prioce probably to steep for you. But really, anything good doesn't come cheap.