View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gone DVD by Ryan Lowe
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:45 pm 
Penguin

"Truly the way a coin vanish should look! Completely baffle pressing on-lookers with this impressive, in your face vanish. Inside this video you'll find out why Ryan Lowe is someone to look out for in the future. He has taken something in magic that is long considered to be old and stale and turned it on it's head. What 'something' is that? The assisted coin vanish."

Wow, where to start......

Well, the video for the promo looks fantastic. That's definitely a plus. Uh, let's see..what else.....OH! The DVD cover looks really cool. Other than that...this DVD is an absolute waste of time and money. Let me explain why.

Video and audio quality - Garbage. Just pure rubbish. I felt like this was shot on a camera phone, and not even a good one, at that. The wind peaks the mic, so you can barely hear what he is saying during the outdoor portion of the video. Also, I felt that maybe the mic he was wearing was one of those "My first microphone" sets that kids get. Actually, I take that back, if he had used that, it probably would've come out much clearer.

Method and set-up
- HERE is where it starts to get good (so to speak). Completely and utterly impractical. Bordering on useless, even. You have to wear a set-up, to do ONE vanish. It makes no sense. It is very fragile, and carrying around all night in your pocket is a hassle. Why would you even bother, when you can do something close, to even better, using sleight of hand? This vanish is NOT for real world, working magicians. It's great if you want to impress your magic buddy, but honestly, that's about it. It is VERY angle sensitive, to a point of about 90 degrees of view-ability, which for a gimmicked vanish, is unacceptable. You watch the promo....and reactions are, passive, at best. It's not worth the time, and for $25? It's not worth the money. ESPECIALLY since YOU have to provide the gimmick yourself. No thank you.

Teaching - Ryan actually does a great job at teaching the vanish, keeping a steady pace, which was refreshing. He teaches a few variations of the original vanish, which may have some merit, but still doesn't justify the set-up.

Closing Thoughts

All in all, this is just an effect, for youtube. It isn't practical at all, and for the price, it isn't worth it. You'd be better just learning a vanish using sleight of hand. This is one that you'd definitely want to pass on.

- Anthony

Post subject: Re: Gone DVD by Ryan Lowe
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:14 pm 
Penguin

I agree. I watched the DVD once and never picked it up again.