View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nothing In Transit by David Forrest
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:30 pm 
Penguin

Nothing In Transit by David Forrest

Effect: 10/10

A spectator selects a card, and the magician then pulls out a small envelope. Inside the envelope is a card with a hole on it that says "Portable hole". The hole is then moved from the portable hole card to the selected card. The hole then moves across the face of the selected card in slow motion.

Price: 8/10

While the effect is absolutely amazing, it does cost $35 US for a one trick effect. $25 or $30 seems better to me, however I'm just nit-picking.

Teaching: 9.5/10

The quality of the DVD was good. The teaching was very good. He teaches you an unconventional force, and also points out the little things to do to make the effect convincing. There are also a few bonuses on the DVD, mostly performances of other hole effects.

Quality of materials: 10/10

The gimmick included is well-made. Apparently each purchase has a different card sent with it. Mine, for example, has the 7 of diamonds. This ensures that the trick cannot be noticed by the same card being selected over and over if several magicians perform it. It also comes with stickers to put on the hole card. They say "portable hole" but are not on when you receive it so that you can customize it to follow your own patter.

Difficulty: 3/10

The effect isn't too difficult to perform. It requires a small amount of slight of hand but nothing too difficult.

Applications:

I think this is a good effect for table hopping or in any card routine. The way the portable hole is introduced allows this to be done impromptu (as long as you have the envelope). The reset can also be done in only a few seconds.

Restrictions:

This does require a table for the full effect. It would only need to be a very small table. However a spectator's hand could theoretically be used. No mat is needed for spreads or anything like that. You also need to own a red deck of bicycle playing cards.

Closing Thoughts:

The effect is very cool, and gets a great reaction. Laymen and magicians will be fooled by this trick. Overall, I give it 9.2/10

Post subject: Re: Nothing In Transit by David Forrest
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 pm 
Penguin

Nice review!

Dave is a good friend of mine and this is one of his best tricks. Absolutely stunning effect!