View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: a business card trick
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm 
Penguin

hello there! :D

i am looking for a good business card trick.
i now orderd tricky busniess by peter eggink: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S9250

youtube video of tricky busniess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6v5dYSCslg

but it didn't come yet.
i am wondering if i should by toosh by Steve Haynes: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12567
can someone please help me?! 8)

Post subject: Re: a business card trick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm 
Penguin

This was addressed in another topic just a month ago, I believe. In my opinion, the best magic is the kind that focuses on the performer. With that in mind, I believe that the best business card magic is pure, visual magic that allows for a lot of personality infusion as well as magic that focuses attention on the ability of the performer rather than the nature of the business card.
When it comes to effects with business cards, I usually only do one of two effects:

1. Write down a number on a business card and place it face down on the table as a prediction. Hand a business card and a pencil to a spectator. Cover your eyes and turn away, telling her to envision a number from 1 to 1000. Once she settles on a number, instruct her to make sure it is the number she wants, and when she is sure she has exactly her desired number in mind, write it down. Once she has written her number, have her place her card face down on the table. Uncover your eyes and turn around. Pick up your card, and tell her that on the count of three you will both turn your cards over to see if your prediction was correct. When the cards are turned, it is an exact match!

2. Display a business card and then make it vanish and reappear in one of a variety of ways.

These two effects are adaptable to every situation, and more importantly, they allow you to bring forth your personality so that it isn't just a magic trick about a business card. Rather, it becomes an experience that involved someone meeting you - a magician - who could do amazing things, even with just a business card.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
1. Write down a number on a business card and place it face down on the table as a prediction. Hand a business card and a pencil to a spectator. Cover your eyes and turn away, telling her to envision a number from 1 to 1000. Once she settles on a number, instruct her to make sure it is the number she wants, and when she is sure she has exactly her desired number in mind, write it down. Once she has written her number, have her place her card face down on the table. Uncover your eyes and turn around. Pick up your card, and tell her that on the count of three you will both turn your cards over to see if your prediction was correct. When the cards are turned, it is an exact match!

how to do this trick???
:?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:37 am 
born to perform.

Wayne Houchin's TnR is excellent but hard to come buy. He releases it periodically to a very limited run and other than that you need to attend one of his lectures.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:02 am 
Penguin

Ellu wrote:
Quote:

how to do this trick???
:?

It's a combination of two techniques. I can only code them here: it involves S**** R******, and a N*** W*****.
Each of these things can be found in Thirteen Steps to Mentalism by Tony Corinda.
If you want more information, you may send me a Private Message. I am not on the forums very often, as you may have noticed, so I offer my apologies in advance since my response may be delayed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm 
Team Penguin

eostresh wrote:
Wayne Houchin's TnR is excellent but hard to come buy. He releases it periodically to a very limited run and other than that you need to attend one of his lectures.

I agree wholeheartedly. I still have yet to fully learn that beautiful routine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am 
Penguin

Oh, man. I know I can't advertize on here but... Well, PM me. :)