View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: amazing tricks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 pm 
Penguin

whats the most awsome astonishing incredible unbelievable magic tricks that you know ( I need some super awsome new tricks )

Post subject: Re: amazing tricks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm 
born to perform.

The one my fans love is the vanishing lit cigarette. People request to see it over and over and over and over etc. (no lie) I also like the invisible deck, hummer card, triumph, ash on arm, fraud and rope tricks from Fiber Optics.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 pm 
born to perform.

Almi3-What tricks do you have?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:47 pm 
Penguin

dont think about it
does not matter if you say a trick that I already have.

I was thinking that TKO 2.0, spider pen pro and Evolution are the top 3 tricks out there in my opinion.

and is electrik touch any good ?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm 
Penguin

My best reaction comes from Jay Sankey's "In A Flash." It's been out of Penguin stock for quite some time, but readily available on a well-known auction site. Fire, where permitted, always gets a good reaction. And the audience really thinks they can see the quarter melting through the deck to the chosen card.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

It's in stock now here......http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8879

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm 
Penguin

now that was awsome !!!!!

but is it some kind of gimmick that allows me to use the same deck of cards again or do I have to throw away a deck of cards after each time I peform it ?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am 
Penguin

In A Flash is repeatable. You don't throw a deck away every time you do it. It is one of my favorites as well, and I recommend it highly.

I'd like to tell you something, though: more important than the trick itself is who is performing it. How many times have you seen Lance Burton's candle and dove act fall flat in the hands of an amateur? If you've never had this experience, suffice it to say that it happens rather often.
The point is that if you work with the same effect for weeks and months and years, you will have created the best effect in your collection, and that's not simply a cliché that I've repeated without purpose. Ask any working performer what his best effect is, and he'll tell you that it's the one on which he's worked the hardest.
Many novice magicians are put-off by their new trick because they've done it a few times and failed to get the reaction that they were after. But a strong reaction comes from a strong performance. Let me give you another example:
If a person were to give you a plot synopsis of a book or movie such as The Lord of the Rings, you might well be interested, but you'd hardly become emotionally attached. When reading the book or watching the film, there are tools in place to create that emotional attachment, and you may well end up with tears in your eyes by the end of the journey. The key is in the presentation.
Consider this when performing any trick. Its strength is entirely dependent on the character performing it, and the words, actions, and body language with which that character presents it.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 am 
Penguin

Good catch, Coendog. I didn't realize that "In A Flash" had been reissued with a DVD. At the time, $20 was the most I had ever paid for a card trick, and it was some of the best magic money I spent. I'm surprised that they didn't raise the price with the DVD. It's a bargain.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 pm 
Penguin

I totally understand what youre taliking about !

but I am a street magician in a not so big town and I want to show peolpe something new and super amazing magic tricks. do you have any recommendation.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:37 pm 
born to perform.

I don't have this but it may be what you're looking for..... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2529

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:48 pm 
Penguin

that was soooooo cooool !!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:49 am 

Almi3 wrote:

but I am a street magician in a not so big town and I want to show peolpe something new and super amazing magic tricks. do you have any recommendation.

Almi, check http://jimmytalksalot.blogspot.com/ Jimmy is from New Orleans, but lives and works in a small town. I know him and he does make some serious money. Learn from him and be successful.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
Almi3 wrote:

Almi, check http://jimmytalksalot.blogspot.com/ Jimmy is from New Orleans, but lives and works in a small town. I know him and he does make some serious money. Learn from him and be successful.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 am 
Penguin

Cinch by Shaun Robinson is a great one http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2572

Also, Symphony by Daniel Garcia is a good dvd http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1979

Tool by David Stone is another great one http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2503

All of them are worth checking out, just don't waste your time and money with Linking Cigarettes like I did