View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CIA by Magick Balay & The Blue Crown - my review
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 pm 
born to perform.

Post subject: Re: CIA by Magick Balay & The Blue Crown - my review
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 pm 
Penguin

Looks great! I can't help but wonder if it's a old gambler's cheating device with which one could accomplish the same miracles? I guess I'll just have to buy it to find out. Thanks for keeping it at a very reasonable $25 for the dvd and gimmick(s).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:08 am 
born to perform.

swayze wrote:
Looks great! I can't help but wonder if it's a old gambler's cheating device with which one could accomplish the same miracles? I guess I'll just have to buy it to find out. Thanks for keeping it at a very reasonable $25 for the dvd and gimmick(s).

Yeah reflect on the method for a little bit, and it's probably what you're thinking. A lot of times, the method mirrors our ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 pm 
Penguin

I used to place one of these secret 'devices' on the inside flap of the card box. This allowed me to have the cards shuffled by a spectator and then take the face down deck back and seperate the colors or even name the cards as I dealt them off. I find that when using this device it helps to hide the method by wearing sunglasses, they can't see where your eyes are looking.

There used to be a trick called Optica that used a similar device attached to the back of the top face down card (the device was a paper thin version). You had to hold the deck vertically with the faces of the cards facing the audience, then you could take the cards one by one off the face, read them with the secret device, then deal them onto the table.

You can find little bags of these devices (circular or square, of various sizes) in arts and crafts shops. They also sell paper thin rolls of this type of material that you can cut and paste any size you like. Something like this would work great hidden behind the flap on a flap card or hidden somewhere on a card box.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah like I said in the review, I used to use this for cyclic stacks. I had a "device" on the side of the card box, and simply moved the deck onto the box and instantly knew the 5 cards in their hand. You just say, "you have a red card in your hand" as you move the deck and then call it off immediately.

IMHO it's much more stunning than sticking the cards back in the box. I hated boxing the cards, because the spec would always point to that moment as "how I knew the cards" when asked later about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

Another fine, Akirafist Presents! Thank You Very Much.

Nathan Kranzo also offers a fantastic product called the Grumble Glim.