View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NFW con job
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:29 am 
Penguin

NFW is a perfect description. NFW you can do this effect the way it is shown because you do not get the instructions to do it. Rather you get a variation.

Post subject: Re: NFW con job
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:21 pm 
Penguin

Reverse that...PM did a variation on the instructions given with NFW. Don't forget, the goal is to do YOUR OWN magic. Start with the version in the instructions then do your own thing. If Ozer wants to do his own version of the trick...more power to him :) I, myself, am not confident enough yet to come up with my own ways of doing effects. I'm hoping that comes with time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:01 pm 
Penguin

The video is showing the exact routine with the exception of the second false count and subsequent re-arranging of the cards. Otherwise it follows the directions explicitly. I myself feel that the effect doesn't look as good when shortened, but you can absolutely do it just like on the video if you so choose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:20 am 
Penguin

My point is that if you are advertising a trick that is the trick that should be sent. You said it your self it is the exact trick EXCEPT. when there is an except it cannot be the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:38 pm 
Penguin

yes, I agree....the demo video was the reason I bought it, my plan was to perform the efect just like that, and the instuctions are totaly bassackwards from the video,plusI have no clue as to what the efect is suposed to look like, I've been fighting this thing for days and I'm still TOTALY LOST

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:22 pm 
Penguin

They advertised NFW, what you got is NFW. The instructions you received were written by the person who invented NFW. The video you saw was what someone decided to do with NFW. Exactly what are you having a problem with? Learn how to do the trick exactly as per the instructions. Now when you know how to do it, if you want it to look like the video on this site delete the second false count. When you spread the cards out you won't have to re-arrange them. You guys need to think things through a bit before you spout off about things you don't understand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:47 pm 
born to perform.

Selling magic is a different breed when it comes to advertising. That's because of the idea that the magic you perform should be yours. If you do all your effects based on what the instructions say, you won't learn much. Ozer demonstrated HOW to use the gimmicked cards. There's no reason why he shouldn't use a routine that A) He's more comfortable with or B) He thinks looks better. You recieved NFW, it is assumed with your purchase that you intend to make it your own.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:09 am 
Penguin

I have tried to follow the directions. I have posted in the penguins area where I am having trouble. I still would like to know how the trick that shown is done. After all that demonstration is what made me by the trick and I did not get the trick I saw. You can say I did all you want but I didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:15 am 
Penguin

Peedledude let me put it to you this way. You perform a trick for someone and they say show me how to do it. You of course say no but they offer to pay you to tell them. You in effect just became a magic store. You take their money give them the needed equip. but don't teach them the trick you just did for them. What do you think that person would say. My guess is one of two things 1) that's not the trick you showed me I want to know how to do the trick I saw or 2) give me my money back

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:29 am 
Penguin

here i agree again, we watch the video, buy the efect and the instructions tell you something else.... not to say that the original way is not any good, we haven't seen it...perhaps if we had , we may have liked it better, or maybe not, who's to say. I, in no way call myself a magician, and I'm sure there are those that agree. I've only been doing this for a couple of months. Peedldude said we sould make the efects our own,and we all should strive for that, but you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you take off running. David said we should think things through before we "spout off" about things we dont't understand....all I'm saying is if we all could understand it, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:38 pm 
Penguin

rkurtz... are you ignoring my posts on purpose just so you can keep complaining? You keep saying that you want to know how to do the trick as it was performed on the PM video. I think that I have explained EXACTLY how to do it 2 or 3 times here and in the PO section. Please read what I've written. I'm really trying to help you, but you need to read all my posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:40 pm 
Penguin

Pigglett... right if you don't understand keep asking until you do. I and others here with more experience will try and help you out. The spouting off refers to going on the public section of this board and saying that PM sold you something under false pretenses when clearly they didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:35 pm 
Penguin

i don't have this trick. however i know that when you buy a trick you add your own rutine and moves. when i watch the video i see the trick they are selling but i also see that the magician has used things he has learned in the trick as well to make it more personal so he doesn't feel he is copying someone else.i learn trick according to the instructions and then add my own style to it. and that what you need to do. if youodn't know any slieght of hand you should get a dvd or card college books. they will help you to make your own tricks and add your own twist to a trick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:53 pm 
Penguin

I suppose that places could let beginners know that NFW is NOT for the inexperienced magician. The bottom line is that sooner or later you need to move away from "gimmicks" and into PERFORMING magic. Don't get me wrong, I have some gimmicked effects that are outstanding. But in order to perform NFW it is assumed that you have some skills in card sleights. You should look at NFW as a great reason to learn new skills so that you can "fry" people with this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:20 pm 
Penguin

this is a great efect! cant believe I was so dumb!