View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: NFW con job
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:57 am 
Penguin

Why do you say that you were dumb?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

The point isn't if the instructions explain the exact way it's done in the demo. It's a demo of what the gimmick can do. You are buying the gimmick and the instructions are a SUGGESTED way of performing. You are expected to do your own version. It's not a matter of crawling or walking or whatnot, but that that's what performing is. If you are mad because you aren't given step by step what to do then you will have problems down the road. Examine the demo and figure it out for yourself. Use this method if you are not that creative. Complaining that yuo were sold under false advertising doesn't make sense. The video isn't the gimmick at all but ONE way to use it. It is advertised as NFW, that's what you got, use it as you will.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:47 pm 
Penguin

Hi guys, I hear all this talk of the routine I did on the site, but as far as I know I did the exact routine in the instructions. I do the 2 for 4 false count, do an elmsley, then continue with the instructions to the letter. I'm not sure where the difficulties are arising for everyone, but I can assure you I didn't not go off on a tangent, as I so often do :-P, but did this effect just as the instructions describe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:39 pm 
Penguin

No, actually you didn't do the trick according to the instructions. And as was pointed out to me you didn't even have the cards in the right order at the beginning of the routine. The instructions call for 2 Elmsley counts and a rearrangement of the cards after the spread. Also the jokers shouln't be next to one another at the beginning of the trick. I sent an e-mail to you guys about this trick and got a response so you should talk with your co-workers and see if you can get a copy of what I sent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:46 am 
Penguin

I happen to know the inventor personally, he's a state farm insurance agent in my home town of Endicott,NY, and a member of the local ring (Magic club) that I'm envolved in. Ozer did it like the instructions said. But as always, once you can do it that way..experiment with your own style, patter and presitation. Gary is also working on more new ones, and does a fantastic one with a ring on finger. To see him preform..watching it, even with a magicians eye, he's still unbelievable. It is a sweet trick NFW, patience and practice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:27 pm 
Penguin

No he didn't do on the video what is explained in the directions. the instructions call for two counts Ozer himself said he only did one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:52 pm 
Penguin

Thank You David! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:25 am 
born to perform.

Sounds like there are two different copies of instructions floatin' around. Has anyone, who says that the video is different from the instructions, e-mailed their copy to show the difference? Other sites have video demos for NFW too but I think Penguin has the best one. Here is a link to a link of other video demo sites. http://www.gis.net/~canaday/Online_Videos/online_videos.html