View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trick Suggestions -Your comments most welcomed.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:47 am 
Penguin

After many years I am resuming my passion in magic. I have/had considerable knowledge in the art and especially enjoyed Sleight of hand with coins. Out of some of the newer items available what do you suggest I purchase. Aside from coins I enjoyed being left "Clean" at the end of a trick. Scotch and Soda, Color Monte, ultimate monte are tricks I already have. Seems many of you are pleased with the pen thru bill. However which one do you suggest (Metal or Plastic versions)your view on NFW? Zoomed?, any others u enjoy? Also I'm looking for a real nice clean looking bill switch. Thanks in advance to your responses.

Post subject: Re: Trick Suggestions -Your comments most welcomed.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:34 am 
Penguin

Also, how is Hummer Card?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:17 pm 
Penguin

Hummer card is a great effect, i just don't like the set-up required because i don't like "wearing" gimmicks on an everyday basis. Also have seen the trick sometimes screw up in an embarrassing way due to an object being too heavy, or the gimmick getting caught.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:34 pm 
Penguin

Have both metal and plastic "bill thru pens" stick with the plastic the metal pen despite the claims is not fully inspectable. I will only use the metal one when someone asks if it can be done with any pen. NFW is complicated IMO the directions are complicated to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:23 pm 
Penguin

i really enjoy performing with the "pro hotrod" it's fully examinable at the end of the trick, i carry it wherever i go and people always love it.

Post subject: Re: Hot Rod
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:02 pm 
born to perform.

I agree, I love the hotrod. No prep required, you can carry it around in your pocket, no clumsy cards. I play with it always, it was my first trick and so I have a special love of it. People love seeing things change before their eyes "in full view", meaning, not covered with a silk or under your hand or whatever. Learning the trick hasn't ruined my fascination with it. In fact, sometimes when I practice with it, I even fool myself! This is what great magic is all about. AND its completely examinable! I'm an intermediate magician starting to see the enjoyment of non-gimmicked magic. It's fun. I like the hotrod version that goes to all diamonds. Most people would chose the most popular and valuable gemstone, right! The HotRod I'd give 9.5/10 stars. I'd only subtract .5 because sometimes they are cheaply made and a rhinestone might not be glued in well enough and you might lose one. Has this ever happened to anyone out there? I was lucky enough to catch it and crazy glue it back in. Also, I'd like to be able to specifically request which gemstone the HotRod changes to, and you can't always do this when ordering. Accept for that, It's the perfect trick. Did I mention its also versatile, i mean there are videos of tricks you can do with a hotrod.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:43 pm 
Penguin

John Cornelius "Pen through Bill" is the one that I own. It is made of metal and is good quality. I have used it for the last 4 or 5 years with no trouble. NFW is great! A simple Elmsley count and alot of magic. Zoomed......Ben Harris effect? I bought this one. Looks great, fun to do, and broke before I had a chance to perform it! Bill switches? I still do the original Hundred Dollar Bill Switch by Mike Kozlowski. I have heard that Kevin Kings version is much nicer, but I am unfamiliar with it. Hope this helps! :) Larry