View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:30 pm 
Penguin

I got a question on the three in one quarter and since it came up here it is. I got mine off ebay from a guy named roy kaupers (forgive my spelling) It sounds exatly the same as the three in one but it doesnt come with a flipper coin routine. It came with bite out, coin in bottle, and torn and restored coin. It has cuts on both sides. Could someone please pm me and tell me if it is the same as the three in one. I wish i got it from penguin but i got it before i knew about this awesome site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:53 pm 

[quote="B_Magic"]
The thing I don't understand is why everyone seems to give something a lower rating because you have to practice to get something down??? If every other trick takes practice...that's a good thing, unless the effects aren't good (which by the sound of this review, they sound like good ones).
quote]

so sad, so true. reviews lately always seem to be swayed by the practice needed to do the trick. come on.
-- DAN

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:43 am 
born to perform.

How difficult is the 3-fly routine? I only have the bite out and have read great reviews on this effect.

Thanks for help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:43 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for the review Natedogg, I don't have any gaffed coins and the 3 in 1 was on top of the list but after your review i think the buttercoin has taken its place.. thanks again..Wade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:55 pm 
Penguin

no problem glad i could help, i think you'll like it

Post subject: Re: same
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:02 pm 
Penguin

sapolice wrote:
How difficult is the 3-fly routine? I only have the bite out and have read great reviews on this effect.

Thanks for help

None of the routines are very hard at all. They are all pretty easy with a few hours of perfectoin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:09 pm 
Penguin

I may have to move Buttercoin up on my list. I have been wanting since I first saw the demo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:46 pm 
born to perform.

I bought the coin and I was slightly dissapointed. In the demo u see it changing into a huge coin. In actual fact you can't do it withthe buttere coin and you need to bring that yourself. In fact, there isn't even a proper explanation on how to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

it does take practice but it gets some of my best reactions well worth the money thanks for the reveiw

Post subject: Butter Coin let down
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Short and sweet:

received coin
no gimmick
no replacement gimmicks

Very unhappy.

Post subject: Re: Butter Coin let down
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:59 pm 
born to perform.

guitargann wrote:
Short and sweet:

received coin
no gimmick
no replacement gimmicks

Very unhappy.

So your saying your recieved a normal coin? Butter Coin is gimmicked so the gimmick itself is in the shape of a coin. If you didn't get a butter coin call penguin customer service. About the replacement gimmicks, I don't think they come with the trick, so you would have to buy them as another product.

-Freds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:59 pm 
Penguin

No, I am saying I recieved Buttercoin with no gimmick for the gimmicked coin, I can't post it on here due to giving away the trick I feel this is to close as it is.
However I did e-mail customer service and they are sending me a new Buttercoin due to the fact that I live in Germany and magic stores are nearly non-existent in my region. There are a few near Munich and Berlin but that is on the other side of the country and not worth the drive for the item in question.
I did see a spot for the replacement gimmicks, on penguin also but due to the great customer service I don't have to order them now.
Penguin Magic has been the most professional business I have ever dealt with in 34 years. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

i don't see how one coin can be a folding coin, and a flipper coin. Does the folding coin in this actually work the same way as other folding coins? does the flipper part of the coin fold?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:25 am 
born to perform.

I think the 3-in-1 would be less suspicious because the buttercoin is a half dollar and they seem to be sort of rare. Especially me because i live in Canada and it's easy to get an american quarter and I've never seen a half dollar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:03 am 
born to perform.

ivkob wrote:
i don't see how one coin can be a folding coin, and a flipper coin. Does the folding coin in this actually work the same way as other folding coins? does the flipper part of the coin fold?

stop fishing