View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Raven Reviewed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:43 pm 
Penguin

An amazing visual coin vanishing system. This was performed by David Blaine on national television, and should be part of every street magicians routine. Read the complete review at: - http://www.magiciancentral.com/content/ ... /theraven/

Post subject: Re: The Raven Reviewed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

I disagree-Its overrated-Its a bit*h to put together-Annoying to have to keep pulling the gimmick out of your shirt, theres a *small* risk of it being spotted by your spectator...if you got a smart azz on your hands that will want to see your hands 2 make sure they are clean, you wont be able to show them, and i highly dont reccomend this trick! Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:13 pm 
born to perform.

Of course the person who posted this didnt mention all of the cons of this effect, he/she only mentioned its a good visual vanish...it is but just read the cons of it that I just wrote! Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:53 pm 
Penguin

If you hook it up right there's no need to worry about pulling it out of your shirt, it's just always ready to go. I don't think anyone that I've performed it for has ever even gotten a clue about how I was accomplishing the effect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:11 pm 
Penguin

If you have some guy that wants to see your hands prior to the trick... just get rid of the raven, and do another trick... that's an easy out for the rare time somebody asks (never had anyone ask me yet). I state quite clearly in my review that it takes practice to master, and rated the ease of use at a 7. I think that's a fair review.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:16 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
What?! Im a huge fan of the raven and all i have to say is that JoshSinger is a stupid and very bad magician. Just to set the record straight, you can show both hands empty you idiot. If you were a good magician you wouldnt give out false information like that and if you had any common sense you wouldnt have such a hard time putting it togrther. Ive read some of the crap u posted but now it doesnt mean anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:47 pm 
born to perform.

ever heard of AN OPNION? SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:52 pm 
born to perform.

Ok wait-before I get into a fight with a punk [edited] kid heres what im going to say: first thing i said: its annoying to pull out of your shirt...the way i set it up thats true-second:Theres a risk of it being seen, of course there is, the fimmick is right out in the opne...a very inteligent person would see it if they are looknig in the wrong place-and lastly, if you show your hands empty and then do another trick, you cant even show tem the raven which you were going to do in the first place.....there ya go-josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
I think Freed is a complete jackass. How do you know josh's skill level? Because he doesn't like the Raven? Maybe hes advanced and doesn't like/use gimmicks. Or maybe hes a beginner and just hates it like me. god, i hate stupid people

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I'd just like to jump in here and make a few comments. Freed...people are allowed to have differing opinions on tricks you know. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to come into these topics and call someone "a stupid and very bad magician", and also call them an "idiot" just because you disagree with them. All you're doing by calling people names is showing everyone else here that you have a very low maturity level.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:08 pm 
Penguin

I agrre with josh. i have picky spectators who constantly wnat to see my hands, and unless u bought the video and know the empty hand move, this is a major problem.If u are performing in front of more than one person, some smart [edited] is likely to duck down to see your hand as you wave it.I don't know about you, but i certainly don't find it easy to retieve the raven without the use of both hands, and i find the brake a pain to attach.Also, if you get your angles just the slightest bit off, the gimmick can be exposed! So shut the edited up freed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for backing me up there-I dont like the know it all people, like Freed-Im not advanced and im not a begginer-I do mostly kids birthdays and a few times I go into the mall and do some cose up/street magic-I used the raven once, and the first time i did it to someone in the mall, they ducked down and saw the gimmick...ruined the trick-The point of the trick is good (A nickel vanishes off of a spectators hand) but there is way too many side effects which i mentioned above....im going to love freed's answer to all of this because hes dead wrong....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:25 pm 
Penguin

Josh... like the balducci levitation, the raven should be performed without informing the audience what you are planning to do. When doing the levitation, I have people saying I get 8-9 inches off the ground, based on shock value... as I just get them to focus and then tell them to look at my feet last second (without knowing I'm about to do levitation). Most every card trick in the world uses that principle (audience doesn't know end result)... 2 card monte is another good example. If you do this for the Raven... people won't know they should look in your hand. Just say... here's an ordinary nickel, but if you watch it closely, you'll be amazed at what happens. Then out of nowhere bring the raven over it... and poof, gone. You will have to have the raven hand in a natural position to make it look like it isn't part of the trick at the beginning... but with some practice in a mirror, it's easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:00 pm 
born to perform.

it may be easy, i just dont like it at all and me personally dont reccomend it! Josh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:41 am 

First of all, please stop with the b$ conversation. Some people like it, some don't. Oh well. To each his own. Personally, I've used the Raven for years and love it. Most magic is not the trick, but the person doing the magic. I tailor the trick for what I want to do. I do not do the shirt method at all, that's not my style. I do the jacket sleeve method, which for me works a lot better and is a lot cleaner. Second, I never do the trick as a "Look, I'm going to make your quarter disappear in my hand". I'll simply go up to someone, while talking hook it up, and ask to borrow a quarter. I ask them a question like "How long have you had this quarter," in a real serious voice which usually gets a serious response or a laugh. When the respond, bam...the switch. Then I say "watch", put it on the back of the persons had, and do it. Most of the time, the reaction is great, and even better when I look at them, say "that's strange" and walk away without another word. The other way I do it is do a bunch of tricks for people, get them all hyped up and blown away, then right before I leave as Im putting on my jacket I'll do the above trick. The trick also works great when you get a "window". What I mean is, you got it with you, you're doing magic, and someone asks if you can do coin stuff, or starts talking about coins in some way, or even just pulls out change. Then, people are coditioned that you didn't set up the effect, but it was just spur of the moment. Its all about presentation, on any trick you get. Even tricks that do most of the effect for you, a good presentation is what makes people think your from another world.