View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stick with plastic, NFW NO,
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:22 am 
Penguin

get the plastic pen thru dollar because the metal one tends to wear out easily in the fact that the metal bends after many uses. It also somtimes rips the bills which can be embarassing durring a preformance where that is the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do. I dont reccomend NFW due to its difficulty and the easy wearing out of its gimmick.

Post subject: Re: Stick with plastic, NFW NO,
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:23 pm 
Penguin

The metal pen-thru that is being sold on PM must be a cheap knockoff of the original by John C. I've had mine for about 6 years and it has yet to bend or rip a bill. Of course it was $50.00 too. You get what you pay for. NFW is a great trick and although it's not for beginners it's a good thing to 'work towards'. That is you can buy it and look at what you need to know to perform it well and then go out and get the experience you need to do it and you'll end up a better sleight-of-hand artist for the trouble. Also, it's extremely easy (and cheap) to make if your gimmicks wear out so don't let that stop you from buying it if it looks like something you'd like to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:26 pm 
Penguin

I have NFW and it is a great trick. yes it takes practice. which makes it all the better. cause being a mgaician it is good to show off your skills. and the "gimmick" that you are saying wears out quickly isn't the Gimmick that you are paying for. and the "gimmick" is very simple to replace.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:22 pm 
Penguin

Where my post says .00 it should read 50.00.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:51 pm 
Penguin

its very easy to replace the minor gimmick for the joker in nfw, u can get it it a stationary store anywere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:32 pm 
Penguin

The papermate PTD is the best by far... it is less suspect then the metal pen. NFW is a terrible trick.. it is too difficult for the effect... I rarely ever get a "WOW" when I perform it, other packet tricks gererate a better reaction. And the gimmick is super easy to replace... One card is a simple double sided card, and the others are normal ordinary bicycle cards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:14 am 

NFW is an awesome trick, for the real guys. What I mean is, it does take some practice, not just handling but also being able to be

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:14 am 

NFW is an awesome trick, for the real guys. What I mean is, it does take some practice, not just handling but also being able to be

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:19 am 

NFW is an awesome trick, for the real guys. What I mean is, it does take some practice, not just handling but also being able to be SMOOTH with it (teling the story, calmness, presenting it well). If you got that kind of dedication and coolness with performing, this trick is great. What I tend to notice is that a few people will give bad reviews to great tricks, simply because it's "too hard" for them. A lot of posters here are not magicians, but average people who want to do tricks real quick and easy. If its not a Svengali Deck, or some other self-working or semi-self working trick, they don't like it. NFW is great...and a good challenge for a real magician. I've worked professionally doing street and restaurant magic for years now and have worked with NFW off and on. I've never had a bad reaction to this trick. It's all in your smoothness.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:57 am 
Penguin

NFW is a beginner trick. I don't know what all these posts keep talking about it being so hard. There is an Elmsley count which every magician should know or learn as a necessity for card magic, and the 2 for 4 count is not much more difficult. I think people are making others shying away from purchasing it b/c of difficulty when it is not tough at all. Routines taught in videos such as Fists of Fury or Lennart Green's Snap deal fall more into the category of tough or advanced material. Sit down with NFW for a few hours and you're all set.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:42 pm 

Oz is right. Don't get it twisted though, this isn't a pull out and play trick (which none really should be), but it isn't terribly difficult or something. Just requires practice, which for the real guys is no thing, but some of the tricksters here really dont like hearing that word. Personally, I like NFW and will continue to use it.