View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: favourite tricks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

does anyone have any tricks that work really well for you. Please reply and name them and their effects. I might purchase some of these if they work well and get good reactions for you. Thanx.

Post subject: Re: favourite tricks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:33 pm 
born to perform.

Deluxe Pen Thru Dollar (im not sure how much I have reccomended it!) and Scotch and Soda have to be the ones that get em all! If you dont have scotch and soda, i'd by far reccomend that...gret trick, great price! Cant get much netter close up magic then scotch and soda! Thats just my opnion...Josh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:57 am 
born to perform.

scotch and soda is a great beginner trick and a great trick all together..........i really do recommend videos or dvd's. I dont want to harp on it but some of these videos teach you things with a normal deck of cards that you will never learn with a tick deck. also they are usually very easy too.....trust me.....i bought all the gimmicks and now i am on to dvd's and i dont use half the stuff because now i kind of dont need to. the dvd 's teach you to be magicians.........try it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:32 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Me too. At first I was into gimmicks and trick decks. But after watching a video witha friend im all into videos and DVD's now. They teach so much more..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:10 pm 
Penguin

get the invisible deck... i personally guartantee you will love it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:26 pm 

As the above said, its much better to learn the real deal than sticking to fakes all the time. That's said, I do use a few fakes that pass my test and I find to be good for what I do. A good balance of gimmicks and the real deal, and you are a miracle machine. Here are my trick recommendations that I have used for years: ---Invisible Deck (hands down best gimmicked deck ever) ---Scoth and Soda (get it, use it, fall in love with it) ---Color Monte (practice makes perfect, and this is perfect when practiced) ---Twisted Sisters (who thought a false count can make such a mind blowing effect) ---Chrome Fushion (ball and tube with an extra punch) ---Sponge Balls (no words can describe how awesome they are) ---Card to Ceiling (great for me since I work in a restaurant...kinda leaves me own personal touch to the place, as well as a momento for the customers) ---Hollow (got it about a month ago and haven't put it down. A good one to have.) ---The Raven (great effect..adds a kick to any routine. Jacket method is the only method I go with this). ---3 in 1 quarter. (Use it, love it, make your boy/girlfriend jealous). ---Stranger's Gallery (make them cry with this one) ---Loop's/Animated miracles (Don't go anywhere without one!) There are a ton of other effects that I use from time to time, but these are just a few of the ones I can think off the top of my head that I use regularly. Keep in mind these tricks suit my purposes as a walk around street performer and restaurant magician. I tend to get small, but powerful miracles, that can be examined or "clean". Also, I spend most of my time doing stuff with a real deck of cards and other impromtu magic, and these just add to the routines I do. Another word, don't always take other magicians words for it. Some things I do not like look like real miracles in other's hands, just because they "attune" to that trick well. Try things out and find out what's good for you. And remember, effects are only effects, magic is the performer behind the effect.